Gigabyte's Abysmal Circle Jerk RMA Process ?‍♂️

iTonyy

Tldr: RMA'd my 1070 3 times and received another broken gpu each time. Wtf gigabyte?! ?‍♂️ Somebody please help??? 

I purchased a 2nd hand 1070 and found that it had some vram stability issues at higher resolutions. So no big deal, I thought I could just rma it and I'll be good. Fast forward 3 weeks, i receive my replacement and notice that the serial number is the exact same one I sent in. At this point, I thought it was odd but I guess if they could fix it then fine. Unfortunately, it turns out that not only is the stability issue still there, now the side LEDs won't turn on. So all they managed to do is send me the same faulty gpu back, but they managed to break it even more.... 

I decided to call their customer service line and go complain. They offered me a replacement with a different card this time and covered my shipping. Fast forward another 3 weeks and I open up the box to find it is a different gpu this time. I installed it in my system and immediately hear the fans ramp to full as soon as I turn on my machine. Confused as hell, I noticed that one of the main side fans isn't spinning while the smaller middle fan and other side fan are as loud as a leafblower. I inspected it and found that the side fan wasn't mounted properly and would get stuck on the gpu heatsink shroud ?‍♂️

Guessing I drew anothet short straw, I proceed to repeat the rma process, specifically asking for a different gpu. Fast forward again, I received my replacement yesterday and popped it in only to find THAT THE THING DOESNT EVEN OUTPUT A DISPLAY....

I started this whole process in july and it is now October. For 3 months, I've tried to deal with their abysmal rma process and am convinced that this whole thing is just a goddam circle jerk where they receive faulty gpus, and then just proceed to reship to the next guy as an replacement. I had to resort to buying another 1070ti to use in place of this piece of shit gigabyte 1070. I am sorely disappointed and ashamed that I used to recommend gigabyte to my friends and even tout their transferrable warranties. Their products are if working, are fine, but if not then you're in for a nightmare of a ride. I'm frustrated beyond belief and really don't know what to do instead. Hopefully a gigabyte rep sees my post and can help me sort this out... 

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Oof that sucks man, sorry to hear that happened.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

thats shitty, but good to know. 

the 1070ti you bought works fine right? it wasnt your computer at all - gigabyte actually rma'd your video card three times and sent you defective cards each time?

wow

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

I'm guessing that you aren't going to buy any new GPU from Gigabyte. If you consider buying from EVGA please keep in mind that their GPUs has a special fan control. Basically it's so you can control each fan independently. This however, requires you to download their own monitoring software EVGA Precision (which is not the best one out there imo). Hope you find a solution :) What graphics card is it exactly? Just curious:) 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

thats shitty, but good to know. 

the 1070ti you bought works fine right? it wasnt your computer at all - gigabyte actually rma'd your video card three times and sent you defective cards each time?

wow

Yep, the 1070ti works no problem. When I discovered the stability issue with the original 1070, I tested it with another known good 1070 I borrowed from my friend and it was just fine. I'm just so disappointed and frustrated right now, but I think I finally reached a gigabyte rep on reddit 

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

I had trouble with my gigabyte card. They recommended I didn't reflash the bios. I reflashed the bios and it fixed the problem. Glad I didn't rma it.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

16 minutes ago, iTonyy said:

Yep, the 1070ti works no problem. When I discovered the stability issue with the original 1070, I tested it with another known good 1070 I borrowed from my friend and it was just fine. I'm just so disappointed and frustrated right now, but I think I finally reached a gigabyte rep on reddit 

just wanted to confirm, but jeez that is brutal. You have every right to be frustrated. let us know if anything happens with the gigabyte rep

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Kinda sucks tbh ive had nothing but gigabyte stuff for over 10 years now and not a single one has broken or i needed to replace RMA anything.