Should I regret this system?

37 minutes ago, ainsleysoup said:

Not that board, It's the N68-GS4 FX R2.0

Don't matter, the board is just a slightly update to the original, but it still lacks the features found in a modern computer, like USB 3.0. They should have never sell that type of board in the first place, especially when Ryzen is also available. But I guess they have to, so they can get rid of their stock.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Sort of, you paid for dated hardware, and seemingly aren't aware of it. Should've looked up things better before making the purchase. It happens. Just as any other product you purchase, companies, individuals will take advantage of your guillibility, and ignorance. It's up to you, as a person, to look, learn, and ultimately decide what to spend money on. Whether it's hardware, food and even bottled water.

What you are feeling is probably just the realization— you have doubts about your decision and therefore, you start feeling regret, eventually breaking down and deciding to invest more money on hardware. At that point I've seen people split into three roads, some people, spend more money into equally bad hardware, and keep going in circles, the second  type of person simply lives with the mistake until they can afford or really want a new hardware (Whether it ends up repeating then is another story) and finally, the person just moves on and makes a better, more informed purchase.

Don't blindly trust technical friends, and most of all don't trust sellers without looking things first, and evaluating what you're told with what you know, and be able to discrete what it is and what isn't. That's why people like those in LTT, GamersNexus and others, put a lot of time and effort to make review videos with benchmarks, pros and cons, and try to introduce and explain the technical aspects, and whether features are just marketing speak. Through various mediums you can learn some things, and ultimately be able to make better purchases that fit with your needs. (Not the needs imposed to you)

11 hours ago, ainsleysoup said:

So earlier this year I ordered a custom build from cyberpower for around £600. I got an AMD FX-6300, 16gb DDR3, a 1050 Ti and an Asrock NS68-GS4.

You got ripped off. Big time. Return it for your money back.

A FX 6300 purchase is something to regret in 2018. You would have been better off with a low end Ryzen or Intel cpu.

Just learn from it and ask questions before you purchase something. It might be worth getting a refund if possible. 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

6 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

You got ripped off. Big time. Return it for your money back.

I'm not going to return it, because it does everything i need right now. When i start needing more than it can give me I'll upgrade motherboard cpu and ram.

Think of it this way: When overclocked, the FX 6300 still dominates in multi threaded tasks, hence why it still performs well in modern titles. Pair a 1060 with it and you're good to go.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Current Rig (Dominator II): 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3133 C15, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 at 4GHz, Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite 120, ASRock B450M Pro4, AMD R9 280X, 120GB TCSunBow SSD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HSD, Corsair CX750M Grey Label, Windows 10 Pro, 2x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120, Thermaltake Versa H18 Tempered Glass.

Previous Rig (Black Magic): 8GB DDR3 1600, AMD FX6300 OC'd to 4.5GHz, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Asus M5A78L-M PLUS /USB3, GTX 950 SC (former, it blew my PCIe lane so now on mobo graphics which is Radeon HD 3000 Series), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200RPM HDD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HDD (secondary), Corsair CX750M, Windows 8.1 Pro, 2x 120mm Red LED fans, Deepcool SMARTER case

My secondary rig (The Oldie): 4GB DDR2 800, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz, Stock Dell Cooler, Foxconn 0RY007, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 250GB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management. UPDATE: SPECS UPGRADED DUE TO CASEMOD, 8GB DDR2 800, AMD Phenom X4 9650, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Biostar GF8200C M2+, AMD Radeon HD 7450 GDDR5 edition, Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management and support for non Dell boards.

Retired/Dead Rigs: The OG (retired) (First ever PC I used at 3 years old back in 2005) Current Specs: 2GB DDR2, Pentium M 770 @ 2.13GHz, 60GB IDE laptop HDD, ZorinOS 12 Ultimate x86. Originally 512mb DDR2, Pentium M 740 @ 1.73GHzm 60GB IDE laptop HDD and single boot XP Pro. The Craptop (dead), 2gb DDR3, Celeron n2840 @ 2.1GHz, 50GB eMMC chip, Windows 10 Pro. Nightrider (dead and cannibalized for Dominator II): Ryzen 3 1200, Gigabyte A320M HD2, 8GB DDR4, XFX Ghost Core Radeon HD 7770, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (2010), 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair CX750M Green, Deepcool SMARTER, Windows 10 Home.

8 hours ago, ainsleysoup said:

I'm not going to return it, because it does everything i need right now.

But you said... 

On 10/5/2018 at 11:10 AM, ainsleysoup said:

But since then i have started regretting my choice, and thinking that I could have done better for the money.

You regretted your choice and you still CAN do better for the money. Not returning it for your money back to buy you a PC 10 times better would be another tragic mistake.

Video cards have been quite high lately so... You could've built a much better computer for the same price, or a little more. Who talked you into buying it? Is the UK like the States where it is ok to scam, sorry.. not scam... capitalize on peoples ignorance..., people into paying super high prices or is it a crime?

Not the best for 600quid but not the worst either. Just enjoy your PC. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Should you regret it?  No.  I don't even need to ask what it is you bought, there is no good reason to go out of your way to feel bad.  Could you have done better for the money?  I think probably, but just enjoy the system.  Someone would have to be some kind of sour monster to come in here and say "yes, you should regret it, no happiness for you!"

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

-= Moved to Laptops and Pre-built Systems =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Meh, ya already bought it, might as well push it to its limits.

On 10/5/2018 at 12:08 PM, NumLock21 said:

Just looked the board you got, it's even has IDE and Floppy connectors...

https://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-GS4 FX/

To be completely honest, there's a weird amount of AM3+ boards that have IDE connectors. Then again these boards tend to work really well on Windows XP, so there's that. I know this is old, just saying.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.