Should I regret this system?

So earlier this year I ordered a custom build from cyberpower for around £600. I got an AMD FX-6300, 16gb DDR3, a 1050 Ti and an Asrock NS68-GS4. But since then i have started regretting my choice, and thinking that I could have done better for the money. It runs all modern games at 40-60fps medium settings, and old ones at 60fps full settings, but i can't help but feel that i could have made a better choice. what do you all think?

Yup for that price, there are so many other choices better than that fx 6300 etc.
But you already have it so enjoy  it

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

3 minutes ago, ainsleysoup said:

So earlier this year I ordered a custom build from cyberpower for around £600. I got an AMD FX-6300, 16gb DDR3, a 1050 Ti and an Asrock NS68-GS4. But since then i have started regretting my choice, and thinking that I could have done better for the money. It runs all modern games at 40-60fps medium settings, and old ones at 60fps full settings, but i can't help but feel that i could have made a better choice. what do you all think?

while the processor is pretty old and not so great it's way better than nothing love your build for what it is :) you could be playing on an core 2 duo rn :) 

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

4 minutes ago, ainsleysoup said:

Only thing i am scratching my head at is a FX processor. Intel would have been better other than that it's better than my machine and that can run Crysis 2 at medium settings at 60 fps so you're fine

Also i'm running a 3rd gen intel so yeah ...

Use it for one year and then build your own. Cyberpower is better than many other sellers because their build costs are close to that of building yourself, expect with the FX being an old CPU you can find used, it's a bit different. However, you've probably got a nice warranty and some brand spankin new parts so nothing to worry about when it comes to age and reliability.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, ainsleysoup said:

AMD FX-6300

I'm sure you could have done better than that for the money.

6 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Just enjoy your PC.

4 minutes ago, Waqas409 said:

But you already have it so enjoy  it

3 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

it's way better than nothing love your build for what it is :) you could be playing on an core 2 duo rn :) 

These people are just trying to nicely tell you that you messed up but still have a good PC.

1 minute ago, EPENEX said:

I'm sure you could have done better than that for the money.

These people are just trying to nicely tell you that you messed up but still have a good PC.

yea he did mess up and should of went the route of building his own pc or getting a better one for that price but it's true to be happy with what you have :)

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

Does it really matter?

You have it now, use it and enjoy it. No point in feeling bad about something you can't change.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

yea he did mess up and should of went the route of building his own pc or getting a better one for that price but it's true to be happy with what you have :)

Yeah, at that point I didn't know much at all about PCs, let alone how to build one. A few friends were moving from console to PC, so i decided to do the same.

9 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

too late to worry, so why think about it?

I guess you're right

15 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

No I'm not. I meant what I said and wasn't implying anything.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

If you had spent that money on individual parts and put together your machine, yeah, you could have gotten something a bit better. But don't go beating yourself up over it too badly because it's not like you've flushed the money down the drain. You still have an OK system that can be used for a lot of things.

Plus if you feel you need something better you can always use it as a base and upgrade some parts rather than starting again from scratch.

1 minute ago, DezGalbie said:

if you feel you need something better you can always use it as a base and upgrade some parts rather than starting again from scratch.

Yeah, that was what i thought. I just wish i got a more upgrade friendly motherboard, so i don't have to replace that too

1 minute ago, ainsleysoup said:

Yeah, that was what i thought. I just wish i got a more upgrade friendly motherboard, so i don't have to replace that too

Some people may advise against buying certain parts 2nd hand but not me. I've bought two 2nd hand AM4 B350 motherboards for my Ryzen systems this year for £40 each and haven't had a single problem from them.

If you were keen to upgrade you could go down a similar route - maybe using a 2nd hand AM4 board and one of the less expensive Ryzen chips. Obviously that would require the switch from DDR3 to DDR4 but it might be the best value upgrade route.

Just now, DezGalbie said:

Obviously that would require the switch from DDR3 to DDR4 but it might be the best value upgrade route.

I think i would probably want to switch to DDR4 anyway.

32 minutes ago, ainsleysoup said:

So there are two sides to this:

1. Yes, you got bad value. Most of the system seems fine (16GB RAM + 1050 Ti), but the FX-6300 is literally a 6 year old CPU - it came out in 2012. Even in 2012 it wasn't a good CPU, so it's incredibly outdated now.

2. With that in mind? If it does what you need it to do, it's not really that big of a deal.

Options: You could sell the CPU + Motherboard + RAM, and buy a new platform. Or you could just continue to use the PC until the point where it no longer satisfies your needs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Here's probably the ideal upgrade path for you:

Use the PC for a good few months and then sell CPU, motherboard, and ram like a few have already said and get yourself some Ryzen. 3000 series should come out at some point so you can expect good used prices for first gen and some discounted second gen. The power supply, case, graphics card, and storage will all transfer without issue.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'd regret it myself, but I'm really fussy about what I buy. I think I've made my mind up on something then I realise I'm about to spend ludicrous amounts of money on it.

Like this week when I needed a new laptop so I bought a thinkpad for £650, but realised it only had an i3, 4gb ram and 120gb SSD. I've returned the ThinkPad right now but I ended up spending £540 on an Inspiron 5000 with much better specs and it's great so far.

It's a huge life lesson to research before buying. Some companies have old stock but sell it at like-new price because they overbought and don't want to accept the losses.

As people above have said though, enjoy your PC, but think about upgrading it, think about what you're gonna do next, and weigh up whether the cost is worth it. I hate the feeling of being had personally.

Think about it, I say yes we/he/her/they should think about what happened in the buying process to learn more about ourselves and why we do what we do.

It is a learning experience, we have to learn from our mistakes. Its like anything in life. Have to learn to be an informative shopper whether it be pc's, vehicles, houses, tools, motorsports. Otherwise we lose out of a few things, like resale value and of course performance, and perhaps in some cases we get ripped off, or unknowingly pay too much. In the computer case, most never use anything near the full potential of their pc's, yet in the North American culture it is taught that " We must keep up with the Jones'  " or that items are too old so we must throw it out. This is what keeps a lot of business' thriving. What comes to mind is the new car sales, a smart consumer would evaluate their needs and requirements and come to a determination that buying used is a million times better then buying new. People are more in debt now then ever before, monthly payments, OAC, 0.99%, eating out, gaining weight, health concerns. The list goes on and on and on.

Conclusion - Nothing you can do about it now! The most important factor here is to learn from the mistakes, never ever ever make the same mistake(s) twice and most importantly enjoy the pc!

does it play minesweeper? most computers can’t.. it is too complex of a game. i suggest trying it. if it can, it was worth it

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

For the price you've spend, you could have done better for the money by getting updated parts. AMD FX is ancient technology that belongs in a god damn museum. Why would you even pick the FX in the first place when the much superior AMD Ryzen was available, was it because of the good deal, or you just want a system so badly, you've fail to stop and look at your choices more carefully.

Enjoy what you have for now, and during your next upgrade, let this be your own self taught lesson, when doing an upgrade, take your time, and look over the parts more carefully before getting it. Get up to date on the latest computer tech stuffs, so you won't be wasting your money by buying ancient parts. This does not only apply to computers, but to everything else you buy. The amount you spend is small, what happened if one day you're buying a house, it's going to cost way more than just £600, you don't want to have regrets on that house you're got, after spending over £600,000 on it.

The system you got lacks the following

• USB 3.0
  • DDR4
  • PCIe 3.0, it's running at PCIe 2.0, which means your video card is never running at it's true potential
  • M.2
  • Support for NVMe

Just looked the board you got, it's even has IDE and Floppy connectors...

https://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-GS4 FX/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

600 gbp for a N68... holy fucking fuck dude that was a top tier scam

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

For the price you've spend, you could have done better for the money by getting updated parts. AMD FX is ancient technology that belongs in a god damn museum. Why would you even pick the FX in the first place when the much superior AMD Ryzen was available, was it because of the good deal, or you just want a system so badly, you've fail to stop and look at your choices more carefully.

Enjoy what you have for now, and during your next upgrade, let this be your own self taught lesson, when doing an upgrade, take your time, and look over the parts more carefully before getting it. Get up to date on the latest computer tech stuffs, so you won't be wasting your money by buying ancient parts. This does not only apply to computers, but to everything else you buy. The amount you spend is small, what happened if one day you're buying a house, it's going to cost way more than just £600, you don't want to have regrets on that house you're got, after spending over £600,000 on it.

The system you got lacks the following

• USB 3.0
  • DDR4
  • PCIe 3.0, it's running at PCIe 2.0, which means your video card is never running at it's true potential
  • M.2
  • Support for NVMe

Just looked the board you got, it's even has IDE and Floppy connectors...

https://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-GS4 FX/

Not that board, It's the N68-GS4 FX R2.0