Apple Earpods Headphones Review

1823alex

This is my first review, I'm open to any suggestions. I picked up some earpods at best buy recently got them for $10 they price matched Amazon. I got these because one of my friends had a pair and said they're great.

I use a Galaxy S3 so the volume control doesn't work, however the universal middle 1 button does work.

Comfortability:

Not bad, it's pure plastic. Coming from mostly in-ear headphones Skullcandy Ink'd etc. They fit really well in my ear, Apple says these were 3 years in the making, not bad. If they fit nice but easily fall out, you could look into a company who makes these things called EarSkinz which are rubber covers for the earpods. Here are the covers they come in different colors also but there more expensive than Id be willing to pay for rubber.. http://www.amazon.com/EarSkinz-EarPod-Covers-ES2-iPhone/dp/B00CO86V3Q/ref=pd_sim_e_8

Sound:

They don't sound great, however they don't sound bad, in my opinion they have a balanced eq coming from Skullcandy's Supreme Ink'd Series the earpods have a bit less distortion and sound great.

Build Quality:

It's apple what do you expect? It's comes with a small little carrying case which I do like.  Considering Apple's original headphones where the cables started coming out of the headphone itself.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

People actually pay for those? :o

Edit: sorry didn't mean to be rude, are these ones different from the ones that come with iPhones and such?

You're funny.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

They're not that bad and Best Buy is great about price matching. So as I said before I got them for $10

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

They're not that bad and Best Buy is great about price matching. So as I said before I got them for $10

Good option at that price. I might try them out if. I really don't like using 100+ dollar headphones when working out. 

Good option at that price. I might try them out if. I really don't like using 100+ dollar headphones when working out. 

The problem I had when I was trying to find them is there is a billion knock-offs and best buy will only match it if it says 'Ships from and Sold By Amazon.com'

They might let you by with this for 6.50 since it says it's prime and fulfilled by Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Zeimax-Earphone-Earpods-Headset-Microphone/dp/B00CO6TNUQ/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1388892355&sr=8-25&keywords=Apple+Earpods If they don't let you by with that one you could pay $10 like I did and get by I used this to get mine: http://www.amazon.com/Premiertek-Earbud-Remote-Control-iPhone/dp/B00F4O155G/ref=sr_1_48?ie=UTF8&qid=1388892422&sr=8-48&keywords=Apple+Earpods

I just bought these recently and they are very good for the price; just something else for you to consider. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TRUTZS/sr=8-1/qid=1388892412/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1388892412&seller=&sr=8-1

Those fuckers never fit in my ear. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Edit: sorry didn't mean to be rude, are these ones different from the ones that come with iPhones and such?

No, they're Apples new version of their first terrible headphones which never fat in my ears at all. I don't have a 5c/5s so I didn't get a pair. I like android right now.

They sound nice for a few months and then the volume is becoming lower and they will just die.

They are really comfortable tho, I'd give them a 6/10 myself after using them since may.

I only use them with my iPhone for when I have to watch a youtube video or something and not disturb anyone else, if not I have several other headsets I use for my PC and music etc.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Probably can't find better earbuds for under $20. I'd definitely pay $10 for a pair. Wouldn't have any use for them though. I have wrap around sennheisers for running, sennheiser 280s for walking to class and anytime I need a closed set of cans and sennheiser 558s for as my main set.

Well you get what you pay for right? For something that cheap I don't feel there's much to complain about at all, they do the job pretty well.

Obviously I'd never use anything like that if I had the coice :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.