Tech/Engineering MYP Project Ideas

piemadd

Good evening Yeetaronos and Yeetaronas,

I have just been assigned to start my MYP project, and I was wondering if this spamtastic forum could critique my ideas, and provide their own. Here is a list of general topics that I found: https://www.iss.k12.nc.us/cms/lib/NC01000579/Centricity/Domain/1282/MYP_ideas_for_products.pdf

My Ideas:

1. E-Commerce Website: Create a website that makes it easy to trade goods and services between high school students, such as some tutoring for a candy bar, or a soda for a 5 DOLLAR FOOTLONG(im sorry).
  2. E-Commerce Website: Website selling unlimited backup space (up to 75gb/day so linus doesn't kill it) built to keep devices backed up, and during recurring backups on a device, a program detects only changes programs, and only uploads those, to preserve daily bandwidth. This probably doesn't make since how it will work, but trust me, I've got it figured out.

Please tell me if my ideas are good, bad(and why), and any other ideas.

Thank you!

From,

That Linguini boi that likes to sh*tpost

i like trains 🙂

image.png.15f2c55cdc122d7dc18924d4cb37ed73.png

I'll guess that this is not what MYP stands for.

If you don't plan to use these ideas perfectly then they could well be possible.

10 hours ago, ImplosiveNUTech said:

E-Commerce Website: Website selling unlimited backup space (up to 75gb/day so linus doesn't kill it) built to keep devices backed up, and during recurring backups on a device, a program detects only changes programs, and only uploads those, to preserve daily bandwidth. This probably doesn't make since how it will work, but trust me, I've got it figured out. 

Remember for this you would have to create the website, server program and client program. This won't be an easy task (handling encryption, random failures, user accounts etc). Also 75GB/day would fill up very rapidly (most people would be uploading 1TB or so), limiting access to via your program only should prevent abuse (even then people can find ways around it).

10 hours ago, ImplosiveNUTech said:

E-Commerce Website: Create a website that makes it easy to trade goods and services between high school students, such as some tutoring for a candy bar, or a soda for a 5 DOLLAR FOOTLONG

Focus on the tutoring, small value trades will hardly ever be made via an online platform due to the low reward/work required ratio.