LTT Official Folding Month 2018!!!

Go to solution Solved by palespartan,

I figured I would take advantage of the fact this post hasn't been locked yet to spread the word about this years folding month.

Folding month 2019!!

See the thread for detail and don't forget to spread the word!!!

@leadeater you can now lock this one.

-Thanks

4 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

GTX 960

What pcie power does it take? 6 pin?

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

Just now, palespartan said:

What pcie power does it take? 6 pin?

yeah, but the die and sub-straight doesnt look right to me for a GM-206

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

The issue is then it gets too cold hahaha. My window is 2 metres tall... 

My rigs re a few feet away from the furnace. The furnace is a mid efficiency one so it has a 8” flexible duct coming in for outside air for combustion.  I’ve been mulling over a Jaz2cents cardboard and duct tape mod to move the outside air intake over and pre heat it. Should make the furnace more efficient ?

I’ve got the 2 air vents in the unfinished part of the basement where the rigs live both closed and it’s a comfortable 21-24C on the ambient thermal probe I have dangling out the bottom of one of the rigs. Mind you the area is about 400 sq ft and it’s a mid 70s house so not at all air tight. I was running with the basement windows opened for a while in the transition period between A/C and Heating seasons

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

Just now, Ben Quigley said:

yeah, but the die and sub-straight doesnt look right to me for a GM-206

I heard that a lot of the fake 960s were actually 650tis I think. I forgot how to find out though if the die didn't say it.

Folding Community Board:

Just now, palespartan said:

I heard that a lot of the fake 960s were actually 650tis I think. I forgot how to find out though if the die didn't say it.

I mean, I've had this so long, I dont think I even bought it if I'm being honest. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Also guys, daily updates will be posted on this blog as well as on here to give you all an easy place too see all the updates without oter posts in between if you wish. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

28 minutes ago, palespartan said:

I'm not sure with AMD since all of my cards have been Nvidia (total shill I know) but @Ben Quigley seemed to have some luck with his vega 64 when it came to mem OC.

assuming its not the dead one, how are temps on that bottom card? lol

PSU as exhaust is how all of the old top mount PSU systems were.

Okokokok ill give it a shot when I am home and report back

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Just now, Metallus97 said:

Okokokok ill give it a shot when I am home and report back

It was me overclocking the mem on a Vega 64 that made us all realise it actually helped. It Can give quite a good increase in PPD. But, with vega at least it meant even more power, and thus even more heat. Like way over the top increases for the PPD increase.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just got reminded about F@H on the latest WAN show.  Finally got around to signing up for the forum and F@H.  Happy to be part of the team!

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

12 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Just got reminded about F@H on the latest WAN show.  Finally got around to signing up for the forum and F@H.  Happy to be part of the team!

Yeha boiii!

welcome to the team!

51 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Welcome to the team. Glad we could get the word out.

Folding Community Board:

T- 4 days - Folding Month 2018

Well we are starting to heat up with the WAN show shout out there has been an explosion of people signing up, 94 in all as of time of writing! Please remember guys if you are participating them you need to be folding for the Linus Tech Tips team or your points will not be counted. I have seen a couple others points dip the last day or two, I'm guessing you are either experimenting with your overclocks or you have been having some much needed maintenance, either way, I hope it has been helpful.

Overall the Teams points are on a upward trend, it would be great if we could see this continue during and after the event but we will see. One thing I am liking is seeing how much @James seems to be enjoying folding along with us, good to see even just one of the LMG staff wanting to get involved. Lets hope he can try to convince at least one more to get on board before the event starts. 

Happy folding,

Ben.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Guys, I am looking dependable individual to be an event marshal who can help me with record keeping, you must be available 00:20 GMT to help record point productions every day over the course of the month,  If you are interested please drop me a PM. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

Guys, I am looking dependable individual to be an event marshal who can help me with record keeping, you must be available 00:20 GMT to help record point productions every day over the course of the month,  If you are interested please drop me a PM. 

That is 20:20 Eastern, 19:20 Central, 18:20 Mountain and 17:20 Pacific

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

4 days to go. There are 3 people who have signed up who didn't give us their name here on the forum.

If you folding name is as follows please go back to the signup page and edit your entry (if you can avoid it please do not double enter)

Nameless

justinquedible

Byron Jason

If you don't fix this before we start you will lose stats until you to and if not fixed before the 6th you will not be eligible to participate. If you need help for any reason or can't edit please PM me and I will help however I can.

Thanks and happy folding

Folding Community Board:

23 minutes ago, palespartan said:

-snip-

guys, you're doing a really nice job! @Ben Quigley did you already fin someone to help?

Saadly I don't have the time ;( 

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

guys, you're doing a really nice job! @Ben Quigley did you already fin someone to help?

Saadly I don't have the time ;( 

Yes, @Gorgon has offered to help.

Also, thanks for the kind words! ❤️

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

T- 3 days, Folding Month 2018.

Well it is that time again folks. We are now up to 114 sign-ups, damn it is spectacular to see, the only downside is the amount of work I have taken on.  Thanks to Gorgon for helping out to ease some of that!

One thing I have to say is once the month is over I really hope to see you guys continuing to fold. We have always punched well above our weight class when it comes to the number of active folders we have compared to the number of points we can churn out on a daily basis. When I first tarted folding the team was in decline, But we used to hit a billion or more points every month, I'd really like to see our team get back to those numbers.

With three days left to tinker and experiment until the time comes where every point counts are go going to see any major shifts in production? Are you guys ready to deal with the heat, the power, the noise and most importantly the competition breathing down your neck? Well only time will tell! 

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Can the people who have the following folding IDs please get in contact ASAP: Nameless,  justinquedible, Byron Jason.

We have no forum names for you and thus you will not be included in the event if you do not get in contact before the 6th of November at the latest. 

ONCE AGAIN, please remember that to be counted you MUST BE folding for team LTT.

Happy folding,

Ben.

Guys please make sure you are following either this thread or my blog to make sure you get the daily updates. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

i like the timing. i just started up ones again, we shall she what my ageing gtx960 can pump out. its still warm here in Texas so i dont have my Overclock too high plus F@H doesn't always like it anyway. 

Just one question....HOW?!?!?

image.png.687f4b7a1da65217d34f8d4383b57d11.png

How the hell do you get 81 million points a day xD

18 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Just one question....HOW?!?!?

image.png.687f4b7a1da65217d34f8d4383b57d11.png

How the hell do you get 81 million points a day xD

Team curecoin... They are a crypto miner. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

29 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Team curecoin... They are a crypto miner. 

Wait, so curecoin is an actual crypto-currency?

3 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Wait, so curecoin is an actual crypto-currency?

Yeah... It isnt profitable at all unless you have free power and I believe you have to fold for Curecoin to get the tokens

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Yeah... It isnt profitable at all unless you have free power and I believe you have to fold for Curecoin to get the tokens

Interesting, so how does that work with like ASICs and stuff?

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

Interesting, so how does that work with like ASICs and stuff?

What do you mean? ASICs can't fold...

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240