Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
palespartan

LTT Official Folding Month 2018!!!

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

As the title says this will LTT's first ever folding month!!!

 

Starts November 1st (12:00am GMT)

Ends December 1st (12:00am GMT)

UPDATE: Timezone changed to GMT thanks to @Ben Quigley volunteering to do daily updates and score tracking.

 

Folding@home team LTT id#: 223518

 

 

Fall/Winter is that time of year where things get cold for those of us in the northern hemisphere (sorry to those of you in the southern one just a lot less people down under) so instead of turning your heat all the way up why not put that power bill to good use and help find cures to diseases that plague the world from Hep C to Breast Cancer to Alzheimer's .  It s pretty simple format. The whole idea is to fold as much as you can for a month straight. The entire goal is to make as many points for the LTT folding team as we can (we do encourage all folding not just for team LTT if you really prefer not to) As a bonus there will be a spreadsheet to sign up for so that we can track your folding progress over the course of the month, with bragging rights at stake. Special badges will be awarded to all who meet the minimum participation requirement including for this event only a Founders badge. (minimum requirements: 100k points, 15WUs, and 15 days of having activity over the course of the whole month)

 

Sign up for the competition here:

Sign up now: https://goo.gl/forms/u5HJRQ8M2kBxJwik2

 

If you need a little encouragement our last folding event turned into the Folding community board but all of the info can be found here (as well as a great way to ask for help from anyone in the folding community here, we love to help whoever we can from beginners to pros) :

 

Don't forget to sign up for a passkey!

info to do so can be found in the threads below.

 

 

If you need a little more encouragement the purpose of folding is for disease and cancer research and more information on it can be found on their website here:

 

https://foldingathome.org/

 

 

 

FAQ/Tips and Tricks:

 

 

Facts and Fiction (ideal config help):

 

 

@Whiskers @Ithanul @Ben Quigley @iamdarkyoshi @straight_stewie @James


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to get folding again...

 

I took a break since it messed with my GPU drivers, but I'll probably start again. This is right about the time of year where I won't be able to do as much gaming(which is what my problem was), so I might plan on getting in on this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I need to get folding again...

 

I took a break since it messed with my GPU drivers, but I'll probably start again. This is right about the time of year where I won't be able to do as much gaming(which is what my problem was), so I might plan on getting in on this.

That's awesome and having a month to iron out all the kinks will hopefully help but if when we did the "folding week" is anything to go by problems are inevitable. Lol.


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, palespartan said:

That's awesome and having a month to iron out all the kinks will hopefully help but if when we did the "folding week" is anything to go by problems are inevitable. Lol.

I think it was just a problem of drivers and support.

 

I had to keep my drivers up to date in order to game(weird issue, I know) and Folding@Home wasn't directly compatible with the most recent drivers, causing me to have to reinstall in order to game. It's kind of hard to explain, I hope that does it justice.

 

Hopefully when I get a new card, I don't have this problem. If all goes according to my plan, I won't be pulling 250W on a single GPU but we'll see how that goes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I think it was just a problem of drivers and support.

 

I had to keep my drivers up to date in order to game(weird issue, I know) and Folding@Home wasn't directly compatible with the most recent drivers, causing me to have to reinstall in order to game. It's kind of hard to explain, I hope that does it justice.

 

Hopefully when I get a new card, I don't have this problem. If all goes according to my plan, I won't be pulling 250W on a single GPU but we'll see how that goes.

What card(s) are you running now. Only time I had driver issues like that was when I was running SLI 970s (it would literally corrupt drivers over time to the point where they were broken in games too) but I am also lazy now that I run a single 1080 ti on my main rig usually just updating drivers whenever I feel like it or when I get a new game rather than staying up to date.


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, palespartan said:

What card(s) are you running now. Only time I had driver issues like that was when I was running SLI 970s (it would literally corrupt drivers over time to the point where they were broken in games too) but I am also lazy now that I run a single 1080 ti on my main rig usually just updating drivers whenever I feel like it or when I get a new game rather than staying up to date.

Single GTX 780, stable overclock. For some reason, games won't run if my drivers aren't up to date. Just last night, I had a really bad crash in one game because it wasn't up to date. A hard reboot and driver update fixed that problem though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't be missing this one. Going to use 4x 1080 Tis and 2x Vega 64 a single GTX 1080.


Build Logs: Cotton Candy Threads | ZEN CLARITY + | Just NCASE mITX | NUC | Storage Log

 

Cotton Candy Threads - CPU AMD Threadripper 2950X | GPU 2x ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti | MOBO Asus ROG Zenith Extreme | MEMORY 128GB (8x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 | STORAGE 3x Samsung 960 Evo SSD + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 8TB 7.2k HDDs | PSU Corsair HX1200i w/ Cablemod Pro Extensions | COOLING Enermax LiqTech TR4 II 360 | CASE Lian Li O11 Dynamic Black | LIGHTING 2x Corsair HD120 Fans, 4x Corsair Addressable RGB Strips, 2x Corsair Commander Pro | PCPP
 
ZEN CLARITY + - CPU AMD Ryzen 2700X | GPU Radeon Vega 64 STRIX | MOBO Crosshair VII Hero | MEMORY 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Pro SSD + 2x SanDisk Ultra II SSDs | PSU Corsair RM1000i | COOLING Corsair H150i Pro | CASE Crystal 570X | LIGHTING 6x Corsair SP120 Fans, Cablemod Addresible RGB Strip, Corsair Lighting Commander Pro | PCPP
 
Just NCASE mITX - CPU Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz | GPU Asus GTX 1080 STRIX | MOBO Asus Z370-I Gaming | MEMORY 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Triden-Z RGB 3000 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Evo 500GB SSD + Corsair MX500 1TB M.2 SSD | PSU Corsair SF600 | COOLING Noctua NH-U9S w/ Redux Push/Pull Fans | CASE NCase M1v5 | LIGHTING 2x Cablemod Addressable RGB Strips | PCPP
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Densetsu said:

I won't be missing this one. Going to throw 4x 1080 Tis and 2x Vega 64 at it.

You know just a bit of computing power.


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, palespartan said:

You know just a bit of computing power.

Gotta heat the house somehow.


Build Logs: Cotton Candy Threads | ZEN CLARITY + | Just NCASE mITX | NUC | Storage Log

 

Cotton Candy Threads - CPU AMD Threadripper 2950X | GPU 2x ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti | MOBO Asus ROG Zenith Extreme | MEMORY 128GB (8x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 | STORAGE 3x Samsung 960 Evo SSD + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 8TB 7.2k HDDs | PSU Corsair HX1200i w/ Cablemod Pro Extensions | COOLING Enermax LiqTech TR4 II 360 | CASE Lian Li O11 Dynamic Black | LIGHTING 2x Corsair HD120 Fans, 4x Corsair Addressable RGB Strips, 2x Corsair Commander Pro | PCPP
 
ZEN CLARITY + - CPU AMD Ryzen 2700X | GPU Radeon Vega 64 STRIX | MOBO Crosshair VII Hero | MEMORY 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Pro SSD + 2x SanDisk Ultra II SSDs | PSU Corsair RM1000i | COOLING Corsair H150i Pro | CASE Crystal 570X | LIGHTING 6x Corsair SP120 Fans, Cablemod Addresible RGB Strip, Corsair Lighting Commander Pro | PCPP
 
Just NCASE mITX - CPU Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz | GPU Asus GTX 1080 STRIX | MOBO Asus Z370-I Gaming | MEMORY 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Triden-Z RGB 3000 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Evo 500GB SSD + Corsair MX500 1TB M.2 SSD | PSU Corsair SF600 | COOLING Noctua NH-U9S w/ Redux Push/Pull Fans | CASE NCase M1v5 | LIGHTING 2x Cablemod Addressable RGB Strips | PCPP
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Since I do crowd source a lot of the ideas for this let me know what information you would like to see tracked over the competition. Right now I have points (generated over the course of the month by tracking difference between points at start and end of month), work units (tracked same as points), and team rank differential (tracked same way with team rank at start and end of month [must be a team member before month starts to be in this otherwise tracking is too hard]). If there is anything else any of you want included (not sure what other stats exist for folding) let me know and I will do my best to include them. Also I am creating the event registration page and right now only have forum name and folding name (to keep track of who is who where.) Is there anything else you think should be included that I am missing. Sign up page will probably go live by the weekend at the latest.

 

 


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Just made the signup sheet live. Go ahead and sign up if your in for this one. All it takes is your forum name and folding name and I will take care of the rest. If anyone has any questions you can pm me or if you need help feel free to post it here or in the Folding Community thread and someone should be able to help you out.


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in, as you may have noticed I've come into a little more folding power recently. Let's see how far I can push my new gear! OH A FOLDING WE SHALL GO! 


The Brewery - My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB)
  • GPU
    RX VEGA 64, GTX 980 ti, GTX 980, GTX 970
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Crucial BX200 240GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA 850 GQ x2
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Old Dell 17"(portrait)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 12:03 AM, palespartan said:

Since I do crowd source a lot of the ideas for this let me know what information you would like to see tracked over the competition. Right now I have points (generated over the course of the month by tracking difference between points at start and end of month), work units (tracked same as points), and team rank differential (tracked same way with team rank at start and end of month [must be a team member before month starts to be in this otherwise tracking is too hard]). If there is anything else any of you want included (not sure what other stats exist for folding) let me know and I will do my best to include them. Also I am creating the event registration page and right now only have forum name and folding name (to keep track of who is who where.) Is there anything else you think should be included that I am missing. Sign up page will probably go live by the weekend at the latest.

 

 

I'm thinking if you can make the spreadsheet work I can record daily production values everyday and do a written commentary kinda like the pentathlon. But, it wont be anywhere near as good! 


The Brewery - My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB)
  • GPU
    RX VEGA 64, GTX 980 ti, GTX 980, GTX 970
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Crucial BX200 240GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA 850 GQ x2
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Old Dell 17"(portrait)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites

I fact I can even keep the database and you ju do the final one @palespartan


The Brewery - My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB)
  • GPU
    RX VEGA 64, GTX 980 ti, GTX 980, GTX 970
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Crucial BX200 240GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA 850 GQ x2
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Old Dell 17"(portrait)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

Count me in, as you may have noticed I've come into a little more folding power recently. Let's see how far I can push my new gear! OH A FOLDING WE SHALL GO! 

Yeah also noticed you really start to pull away from me and I think your top 2 ppd right now. What did you get?

2 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

I'm thinking if you can make the spreadsheet work I can record daily production values everyday and do a written commentary kinda like the pentathlon. But, it wont be anywhere near as good! 

 

51 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

I fact I can even keep the database and you ju do the final one @palespartan

And for these two pm me your gmail and I'll add you to the spread sheet.


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Yeah also noticed you really start to pull away from me and I think your top 2 ppd right now. What did you get?

 

And for these two pm me your gmail and I'll add you to the spread sheet.

1080 ti to replace the vega 64, but sold the 970 to fund the upgrade. 


The Brewery - My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB)
  • GPU
    RX VEGA 64, GTX 980 ti, GTX 980, GTX 970
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Crucial BX200 240GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA 850 GQ x2
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Old Dell 17"(portrait)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

1080 ti to replace the vega 64, but sold the 970 to fund the upgrade. 

So remind me again of all the GPU's you have?


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, palespartan said:

So remind me again of all the GPU's you have?

atm, 980, 980ti, 1080ti... But that at the moment ;) at least thats what I have running


The Brewery - My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB)
  • GPU
    RX VEGA 64, GTX 980 ti, GTX 980, GTX 970
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Crucial BX200 240GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA 850 GQ x2
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Old Dell 17"(portrait)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Ben Quigley said:

atm, 980, 980ti, 1080ti... But that at the moment ;) at least thats what I have running

Ok that makes sense why your so far ahead. Well time to get the 970 and 670 back up and in their own systems this time. lol


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, palespartan said:

Ok that makes sense why your so far ahead. Well time to get the 970 and 670 back up and in their own systems this time. lol

I have a little more gas left in the tank yet ;)


The Brewery - My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB)
  • GPU
    RX VEGA 64, GTX 980 ti, GTX 980, GTX 970
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Crucial BX200 240GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA 850 GQ x2
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Old Dell 17"(portrait)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Ben Quigley said:

I have a little more gas left in the tank yet ;)

Damn I might have to fold on my laptop this time just to keep up.


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, palespartan said:

Damn I might have to fold on my laptop this time just to keep up.

I think I'm declaring you as my rival, the gauntlet is thrown, will you take up this challenge? 


The Brewery - My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB)
  • GPU
    RX VEGA 64, GTX 980 ti, GTX 980, GTX 970
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Crucial BX200 240GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA 850 GQ x2
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Old Dell 17"(portrait)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 10/2/2018 at 3:44 PM, Densetsu said:

I won't be missing this one. Going to use 4x 1080 Tis and 2x Vega 64 a single GTX 1080.

Well that deescalated quickly. Whats with the change down to just a 1080?

Just now, Ben Quigley said:

I think I'm declaring you as my rival, the gauntlet is thrown, will you take up this challenge? 

Yep to the end. For the month though. there is no way Ill be able to keep up with you 24/7. lol


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×