Microsoft might have removed the USB Type C ports from the Surface Laptop 2 and the Surface Pro 6

Master Disaster

But yeah seriously are they insane ignoring to include Type C really!? 

They better reconsider, cause that is such a fail. Everyone should offer 1 or more already. Make the fucking transition already, making it slow is the only actual painful thing. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Keep in mind that these leaks may be false, I hope they are but you never know.

Edit: Like others have said, the Surface Go has a USB-C port, not sure why they would put it on that but leave out the more expensive models.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

5 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

The craptastic dongle fest going on is enough to call it dumb, plus there is no device that could use the extra speed it has over typa A.... As for the rest its only beneficial on phones.

You would need dongles to use a surface anyway. USB C is superior in literally every single way. Unless you have a thunderbolt monitor from 10 years ago, you'll need a dongle to use that MDP port.

4 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

(FIFY) I do not buy netbooks so no issue there ;) .

Netbooks don't really exist anymore. Ultrabooks and netbooks are distinctly different categories. Stop being obstinate.

4 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Then its not faster it just lacks backwards compatibility... :dry:

This is just wrong. The first USB C devices to come out (Nokia N1 in particular) were about 50% USB 2.0.

6 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Unless you have a thunderbolt monitor from 10 years ago, you'll need a dongle to use that MDP port.

Or a cable with mDP on one end. Which while not common in local shops, aren't hard to find online.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

17 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

Netbooks don't really exist anymore. Ultrabooks and netbooks are distinctly different categories. Stop being obstinate.

They are weak, they have almost no ports at all. Pretty much the description of a netbook.... :dry:

USB C is superior in literally every single way.

Aside from the non-existent device market if we exclude the dongles? 9_9

This is just wrong. The first USB C devices to come out (Nokia N1 in particular) were about 50% USB 2.0.

Maybe i misinterpreted it, but its still true that it isnt better just because it supposed to be only 3.0 or above... (BTW i didnt see that much USB 2.0 in type A form so its pretty moot argument)

Not surprising at all

Even if the type C is standard, the implementations are not standardized at all and it seems that everyone does their own thing, just look at the type C headphones situation on phones

5 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

They are weak, they have almost no ports at all. Pretty much the description of a netbook.... :dry:

Aside from the non-existent device market if we exclude the dongles? 9_9

Maybe i misinterpreted it, but its still true that it isnt better just because it supposed to be only 3.0 or above... (BTW i didnt see that much USB 2.0 in type A form so its pretty moot argument)

They really aren't that weak. They haven't been for a long time. Just because they're not gaming laptops doesn't mean they're weak. They come with quad core CPUs now. That's nothing to scoff at.

Also, the device market is pretty healthy. There are options to get pretty much everything in USB C at this point.

And honestly i have no idea what you even mean in your third point.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:13 AM, Master Disaster said:

Even as I was typing the post I was thinking about dongles but I convinced myself that MS couldn't be that stupid. I guess that shows what I get for having confidence in a corporation.

What is it Luis Rossman always says? Companies trying to copy Apples success always copy the bad stuff, not the good stuff.

Not surprised - back when I gamed Console, and bought the Xbox, you had to buy every accessory for it separately. Xbox 360 advertised with as DVD player - sure, but only if you buy the Xbox Microsoft remote control for $30 (couldn't use your controllers you bought) etc.  Typical Microsoft

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

If that was the only issue with the Surface lineup. While they are nice looking and pretty well made, they are ridiculously expensive and the different configurations are idiotic. You want 512GB? Have fun paying a hefty extra since there's no i5 version with more than 256GB. 16GB? have fun going with the i7 again. Seriously, those devices are slim and light with not much room for cooling so you can hardly use the additional performance. And it's not like as if the i5 wasn't up for the task in 9/10 cases. But nope, they want you to max out the models. Even Apple gives you more options.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

New Surface products have launched

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),