Why doesn't ASUS Aura Sync support Corsair's Vengeance RGB Pro?

Started a new build a week or so ago and with a little more cash in my hand, I ended up buying 2 sticks (2x8GB) of Corsair's new Vengeance RGB Pro. I think it's one of the best looking RGB RAM stick's on the market and I was super excited to get it only to find out it isn't compatible with ASUS's Aura Sync software which is what my motherboard uses to control the RGB lighting. Why? Corsair's Vengeance RGB memory sticks work with Aura Sync, so why not the pro lineup? 

Kinda confused and since it's been months since the RAM has been released, both companies have had plenty of time to develop support for each other's software. One of the things I'm very peculiar about is downloading multiple software just to control the RGB modules on my build. Is there anyway to merge the LED backlight that comes with my ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming Motherboard and my Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM? If not I might just opt-out of getting the ram and go for something that is compatible with Aura Sync like Tridgent G Skill RGB memory.

because corsair has their own software platform to use throughout their products.

so they dont have to pay the asus royalty for all the corsair products.

paulshardware ran into the same issue:

oh okay that makes more sense. I thought they were just having technical issues, but yeah I guess the financial incentive one makes more sense. It really sucks that either company won't support the other's RGB lighting software.

• 2 weeks later...

same problem here, bought the ram thinking it was compatible with aura and it is not. I am probably going to return the ram, the icue software uses wayyyy too much ram and cpu to run in the background and i can get tridentz for same price and they actually work with aura

On 10/10/2018 at 2:43 PM, labriola907 said:

same problem here, bought the ram thinking it was compatible with aura and it is not. I am probably going to return the ram, the icue software uses wayyyy too much ram and cpu to run in the background and i can get tridentz for same price and they actually work with aura

Yeah I'm honestly still debating what to do here... I REALLY like the look of the Vengeance Pro RAM, while the Trident Z seems a bit less vibrant.

• 3 months later...