Loop keep clogging

My loop keeps clogging for some reason and I don't know why. This is my first custom water cooling build and I'm using the Thermaltake kit with a few add on of ek fitting and Darkside valve. Using the red Mayhem pastel concentrated with Walmart great value distilled water. I forgot to clean my radiator when I first did the build and didn't know to clean it. I flushed the system and cleaned the parts. So this is the second time this has happen and it only last for a day or two before it clogs up like in the picture. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

20181001_175118.jpg

22 minutes ago, Yakko21 said:

My loop keeps clogging for some reason and I don't know why. This is my first custom water cooling build and I'm using the Thermaltake kit with a few add on of ek fitting and Darkside valve. Using the red Mayhem pastel concentrated with Walmart great value distilled water. I forgot to clean my radiator when I first did the build and didn't know to clean it. I flushed the system and cleaned the parts. So this is the second time this has happen and it only last for a day or two before it clogs up like in the picture. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

If your are using the pacific kit from Thermaltake the pastel fluids are not recommended for it since their radiators are aluminum based. Ideally your best off to swap out that rad with a copper based rad and completely eliminate a mixed metal loop as there are more issues than good. 

49 minutes ago, W-L said:

If your are using the pacific kit from Thermaltake the pastel fluids are not recommended for it since their radiators are aluminum based. Ideally your best off to swap out that rad with a copper based rad and completely eliminate a mixed metal loop as there are more issues than good. 

Is my cpu water block also aluminum? I truly would prefer not to buy a whole new setup lol. I'm assuming their c1000 clear fluid would work for their build without a problem I hope?

1 minute ago, Yakko21 said:

Is my cpu water block also aluminum? I truly would prefer not to buy a whole new setup lol. I'm assuming their c1000 clear fluid would work for their build without a problem I hope?

The CPU block is copper based, it's the rad that is the issue. Personally I wouldn't use their C1000 I've seen some issues with settling of their pastel series even before use in the bottle, I suspect the particle size is too large causing it to precipitate/settle out too readily.

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

The CPU block is copper based, it's the rad that is the issue. Personally I wouldn't use their C1000 I've seen some issues with settling of their pastel series even before use in the bottle, I suspect the particle size is too large causing it to precipitate/settle out too readily.

Is there any radiators you could recommend? Thanks. Also what should I use to clean my loop right now? Before I was just using distilled water and vinegar on my tube. 

1 minute ago, Yakko21 said:

Is there any radiators you could recommend? Thanks. Also what should I use to clean my loop right now? Before I was just using distilled water and vinegar on my tube. 

For copper radiators there are lots of options, EKWB, Alphacool, Hardware labs are all good options. As for cleaning your going to want to tear down the whole loop and all the blocks for a thorough cleaning, you can use regular tap water and soap to remove the bulk of any precipitate and give everything a few final rinses in distilled water to remove any minerals before assembly. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

For copper radiators there are lots of options, EKWB, Alphacool, Hardware labs are all good options. As for cleaning your going to want to tear down the whole loop and all the blocks for a thorough cleaning, you can use regular tap water and soap to remove the bulk of any precipitate and give everything a few final rinses in distilled water to remove any minerals before assembly. 

Thank you I'll try that.

c1000 is known to do this. you can run a cleaner through it run mayhems or primochill not vue.

but both make waterloop cleaners.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

• 1 month later...

I am about to buy the EK-CoolStream PE 360 Rad from EK.

It is a copper rad with Alluminium Housing.

Any problems with that?

That should be a good one.  The loop I just setup I'm using a CoolStream CE 420.

BTW: On cleaning.  I cleaned out the radiator manually and got a TON of stuff out of it with 6 refills of distilled water (had a little vinegar in the 1st).  THEN I left it with distilled water and primochill SysPrep running for 2 days.  THEN I ran 3 fills of distilled water before I put the final liquid in.  I'm just running clear Cryofuel.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator