Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CPotter

Are phones ONLY about Style now?

I feel his point about the phone being a daily companion is why so many people just won't change phones. I use iphones, often when a new one comes out I'm not blown away, but they consistently do what you want them to do so you buy another when you need an upgrade. 

Most people care more about that consistency over buying for some big new feature that you'll barely use or care about.

Well this is the reason this phone isn't going to be sold outside of China.

Also, that problem with hangouts isn't a bug, it's a feature that huawei does as well, aggressive power saving.

Ask any chinese and they will tell you the vivo NEX is better (and cheaper)

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition @ 2Ghz

The phone’s software aggressively killing apps is nothing new, sadly. It’s a tacked-on implementation that they have never fixed either because people didn’t care or Oppo/Vivo didn’t bother to.

I used a Vivo as a backup and that damn “power-saving” thing kept killing Google Maps while I was actively using it

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

I'm on iPhone because it's simple and the OS keeps out of my way. the consistency between iOS and macOS is also nice to have. 

They/Them 

Phone: Nokia 7.2 | 128GB | Android

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro | Core i5 7360U | Iris 640 | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD | macOS

Gaming PC: Asus Prime Z370-P | Core i3-8100 | R9 290X | 16GB RAM | 250GB SSD | Bitfenix Whisper | Windows 10