Are phones ONLY about Style now?

CPotter

Yeah , the original iphone and motorolla razor weren't stylish.

I feel his point about the phone being a daily companion is why so many people just won't change phones. I use iphones, often when a new one comes out I'm not blown away, but they consistently do what you want them to do so you buy another when you need an upgrade. 

Most people care more about that consistency over buying for some big new feature that you'll barely use or care about.

Well this is the reason this phone isn't going to be sold outside of China.

Also, that problem with hangouts isn't a bug, it's a feature that huawei does as well, aggressive power saving.

Ask any chinese and they will tell you the vivo NEX is better (and cheaper)

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

The phone’s software aggressively killing apps is nothing new, sadly. It’s a tacked-on implementation that they have never fixed either because people didn’t care or Oppo/Vivo didn’t bother to.

I used a Vivo as a backup and that damn “power-saving” thing kept killing Google Maps while I was actively using it

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1