Android and Ios Application for LINUSTECHTIPS FORUM

KoreanDudeKR

I think it would be great to have an application on mobile devices to post, reply, and get notifications. Since browsing and refreshing every second to see notification isn't very convenient, an application would be an ideal solution.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Nah, the mobile website works extremely well, and I don't think that they are going to spend all that extra development time to develop and maintain a desktop website, mobile website, mobile app for iOS and a mobile app for Android, when the website works well enough.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, KoreanDudeKR said:

I think it would be great to have an application on mobile devices to post, reply, and get notifications. Since browsing and refreshing every second to see notification isn't very convenient, an application would be an ideal solution.

The only benefit to having an app would be push notifications.

This suggestion has also been brought up many times, and has been declined every time:

A forum app
Due to limited resources available, and the functional mobile site, there are no plans to develop an app for the site at this time.

It'll likely never happen.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!