iPhone XS Not Charging

yolosnail

Not the first time iPhone users were "charging it wrong" ay? ?

_IF6WAVE.gif.cf81bbafe01e4453ca945075a0cfe275.gif

i had to put my FPS up for adoption because i couldn't raise it

-unknown

33 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

From what I'm reading, users aren't even part of the equation. Regardless of the meme, the title should only pertain to the content itself. It's a Tech News post. As far as I'm concerned, higher standards should be placed on them, versus any other post.

Don't know why you're all up on his case in this particular instance. We get plenty meme headlines or content in the news section and I haven't seen all that many complaints. At best I've seen Goodbytes changing the posts himself but usually only when it's about something he's invested in one way or another. Other than that it's been fair game as far as I can tell (within reason of course).

5 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Don't know why you're all up on his case in this particular instance.

Simple.

I'm not on the forum very much anymore, so I don't see a ton, so it would make sense for me to miss things.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

8 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

i wonder how apple will spin this, blaming the user (kinda like the old iphones crappy reception if you held it in your hand) 

"something something small percentage of users are affected, something something charging it wrong"

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

FWIW; I’ve got a 256GB 10s MAX and I’m charging my phone just fine! I’m on iOS 12 as well.

However, I am not using the crappy 5w Apple charger to charge my phone. I am using a 44w Anker 5 port charger and a 24w Anker 2 port charger.

My theory is that the 5w Apple charger isn’t carrying the correct wattage and or current to initiate the charge correctly.

However, I am a iSheep when it comes to my phones, I prefer Apple phones to any others. Glorious upgrade over my 6s+.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

ya'll wrong that's a new feature made by apple, when your iphone runs out of battery you need to buy a new one

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

58 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

ya'll wrong that's a new feature made by apple, when your iphone runs out of battery you need to buy a new one

iOS 12 includes a new feature to prevent battery degradation, and subsequently performance degradation. By not allowing the battery to charge, battry health is guaranteed to be 100% everyday,  For a small fee of $1,000 per day, you too can enjoy this revolution.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, ESPImperium said:

FWIW; I’ve got a 256GB 10s MAX and I’m charging my phone just fine! I’m on iOS 12 as well.

However, I am not using the crappy 5w Apple charger to charge my phone. I am using a 44w Anker 5 port charger and a 24w Anker 2 port charger.

My theory is that the 5w Apple charger isn’t carrying the correct wattage and or current to initiate the charge correctly.

However, I am a iSheep when it comes to my phones, I prefer Apple phones to any others. Glorious upgrade over my 6s+.

Shame on you for liking Apple products on a tech forum! 

9 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Cant entirely blame u for saying such words as he did step away from the best iphone ever made to an inferior device. 

I am offcourse saying the iphone 6s os the best iphone ever made. 

23 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

LOL; Think I can live with more shame! I’ll sleep more soundly with it!!!

14 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Cant entirely blame u for saying such words as he did step away from the best iphone ever made to an inferior device. 

The 6s+ may be the best iPhone ever, but the battery was killing me, charging 3, 4 or even 5x daily! I miss the headphone jack, but I did switch to Bluetooth Shure 215s last year I’m preparation for it.

Not missing the home button on my 10s MAX.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

4 minutes ago, ESPImperium said:

The 6s+ may be the best iPhone ever, but the battery was killing me, charging 3, 4 or even 5x daily! I miss the headphone jack, but I did switch to Bluetooth Shure 215s last year I’m preparation for it.

My sister had the same issue. She swapped to the X as work paid for most of the phone

10 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Cough Android One.....

Cough major Android distros will follow suit shortly after

Ehhhh i highly doubt that

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

I think I can agree, since I love my iPhone 7. The loss of the headphone jack doesn’t bother me at all. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:24 AM, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I find this all kinds of odd. 

Isn't charging a phone a basic thing? 

Sounds a bit like a software bug to me

Confirmed a software bug, not a hardware one /close thread lol. https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/29/iphone-xs-automatic-power-charge-issue/

CPU: Ryzen 2600x       Motherboard: Gigabyte Tomahawk Max    GPU: EVGA 2070     RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz            

18 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Software bugs happen, fine. But how do you fuck up the ability to charge the damn device?

in Apples defense, wireless charging works 100% of the time and tapping to wake the phone, causing it to charge works 99% of the time. 

It shouldn't have happened, but its not like people have bricked iPhone Xs and Xs Max devices. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

On 9/29/2018 at 7:04 PM, DrMacintosh said:

Yeah, sure they can. So far the only one even close to being able to do that is Google and their phones are worse than Apples. 

I can fork the Android AOSP from source code and port the latest Android P to my phone if OEM doesn't provide support, can iOS do that? I can delete any part of the OS and add any part I want to it, creating a custom ROM that fits my needs, can iOS do that? 

You are at the mercy of apple to provide bug fixes and functionalities. That is just sad. 

Go on XDA, you will find plenty third party  custom roms that are much more updated than the ones from OEM. 

Worst a phone is a useless phone and useless phone is useless when it lacks basic functionality like file browser. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

I can fork the Android AOSP source code and port the latest Android P to my phone if my own doesn't provide support, can iOS do that?

No, because you don't need to when your phone is supported for 5 years or more. 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

I can delete any part of the OS and add any part I want to it, creating a custom ROM that fits my needs, can iOS do that? 

No, because nobody does that. You might do that, but for every person like you there are thousands, possibly millions of others who don't and would not want to. 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

You are at the mercy of apple to provide bug fixes and functionalities. That is just sad. 

Its worked well enough for the last 42 years. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

*laughs in iPhone X*

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

5 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

No, because you don't need to when your phone is supported for 5 years or more. 

No, because nobody does that. You might do that, but for every person like you there are thousands, possibly millions of others who don't and would not want to. 

Its worked well enough for the last 42 years. 

Funny how you watered down every last lack of functionality as "user doesn't want to"

I know for a fact if my phone is able to talk to me and fix me a sandwich, I would totally want it to. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

Funny how you watered every last lack of functionality as "user doesn't want to"

Because Apple is a technology company for the masses. People like you like and use Linux for a reason. iPhone is deigned to be a good phone for the most amount of people. It's been succeeding at doing that for the past 11 years. 

7 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

in Apples defense, wireless charging works 100% of the time and tapping to wake the phone, causing it to charge works 99% of the time. 

It shouldn't have happened, but its not like people have bricked iPhone Xs and Xs Max devices. 

Not everyone has a wireless charger nor is interested in wireless charging. Sure, that works, but when I have to pay for an extra charger to circumvent a pretty large software bug, it tells me that they didn't really check for what should not have happened.

Especially if I owned a $1100 phone.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

22 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

but when I have to pay for an extra charger to circumvent a pretty large software bug,

Well the way to get around the bug is to have the phone on when you plug it in or to wake it up after plugging it in. Sure its a bug, but its not a bug that breaks the users ability to use the phone. 

Most people know how an iPhone is supposed to behave once it gets plugged it, when they see that its not doing what its supposed to they turn it on and it works and they move along with their day. 

So yes it means they didn't check, but in this case the consequence is effectively nothing while users wait for the patch.  

19 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Well the way to get around the bug is to have the phone on when you plug it in or to wake it up after plugging it in. Sure its a bug, but its not a bug that breaks the users ability to use the phone. 

Most people know how an iPhone is supposed to behave once it gets plugged it, when they see that its not doing what its supposed to they turn it on and it works and they move along with their day. 

So yes it means they didn't check, but in this case the consequence is effectively nothing while users wait for the patch.  

Again, not everyone is going to turn on their phone just to get it to actually charge.

This is a stupid bug that I'm really surprised that made its way into iOS 12 for these phones.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.