Samsung's Galaxy S10 Will Look Completely Different

It looks exactly the same as all the other smart phones to me.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

2 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

It looks exactly the same as all the other smart phones to me.

Unofficial render 9_9

3 hours ago, Arika S said:

it looks like they are still trying to make their Edge shit work which means get ready for random screen touches when holding the phone like a regular human person

Honestly, many current phones aren't very good in terms of ergonomics.

While much better than last time, the Edge phones from Samsung have a tendency to register palm touches. The iPhone X/XS/XS Max aren't made for people with hobbit hands, most glass phones are slippery, and more.

Hell, I remember using my Moto Z without any attachments on it and it was one of the least ergonomic phones I've used, not just because it was ludicrously thin but also due to its sharp angular flat back design. It really was uncomfortable.

MZ_1.jpg

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

If the screen isn't a sphere then I will be disappointed. Everyone is doing flat screens but what about spherical? It's never been done so someone needs to start innovating and think outside of the box and it a sphere. 

IMG_0401.JPG.529c9fbad234a663e06cd242cdf01814.JPG

1 hour ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Honestly, many current phones aren't very good in terms of ergonomics.

While much better than last time, the Edge phones from Samsung have a tendency to register palm touches. The iPhone X/XS/XS Max aren't made for people with hobbit hands, most glass phones are slippery, and more.

Hell, I remember using my Moto Z without any attachments on it and it was one of the least ergonomic phones I've used, not just because it was ludicrously thin but also due to its sharp angular flat back design. It really was uncomfortable.

MZ_1.jpg

This is why the iPhone 6/6S/7/8 are so good. The ergonomics are on point. Yes the bezels are ginormous by today’s standards. Yes the screens could be sharper. Yes the batteries could be larger. With these new iPhones and Samsungs I just wonder if they’re built for human hands. There’s just nothing to grab onto. It’s all screen! 

56 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

This is why the iPhone 6/6S/7/8 are so good. The ergonomics are on point. Yes the bezels are ginormous by today’s standards. Yes the screens could be sharper. Yes the batteries could be larger. With these new iPhones and Samsungs I just wonder if they’re built for human hands. There’s just nothing to grab onto. It’s all screen! 

The iPhone 6 design wasn't perfect too. 

It was pretty slippery for one (even worse on the 8 because glass), and had the sin of a power button which directly opposed the volume rocker. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 hour ago, James said:

This looks like the definition of iterative. "major design change! new colors!"

It has a thinner bezel and an in-screen fingerprint reader..

Inb4 it's the watch from Spykids 2.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

The iPhone 6 design wasn't perfect too. 

It was pretty slippery for one (even worse on the 8 because glass), and had the sin of a power button which directly opposed the volume rocker. 

I always had a case on my iPhone 7 and it’s very easy to hold that way. Any case fixes the problem of being too slippery. I do struggle keeping the phone in my hand without a case because it’s so thin and slippery. I didn’t know that the power button was in a weird spot on the iPhone 6. 

9 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Completely different applies to new colors?

WTF?

Where have we seen “innovative” new colours before?

Who actually takes a $800+ phone with them without a case? Glossy colors as a selling point to me is like trying to push a salad on a Texan at a BBQ.

That coat will just be covered by a matte case.

6 hours ago, kokakolia said:

I find my Xs is pretty ergonomic. Try one out. 

> bitch about plastic phones

> praise premiumness of metal and glass build devices

> pays overpriced fees to own said device

> puts "premium" phone inside 5 buck plastic case the instant it's taken out of the box.

can we stop with this glass and metal BS and go back to when phones were designed functionally? 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

18 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

It looks the same to me?

They're rumored to remove the chin and put in display fingerprint scanner and speakers. That's a fundamental design change.

1 hour ago, laminutederire said:

They're rumored to remove the chin and put in display fingerprint scanner and speakers. That's a fundamental design change.

You cannot see the fingerprint scanner or speaker change, and even with the chin change I wouldn’t say it “will look completely different”, so my point still stands.

See? No. Notch. THIS is how you design a phone for maximum screen to body ratio.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

See? No. Notch. THIS is how you design a phone for maximum screen to body ratio.

Unofficial render 

6 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Unofficial render 

Well, that doesn't change how good the design is :I

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

22 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Well, that doesn't change how good the design is :I

Doesn't necessarily mean the actual S10 will look like that though 

I remembered how good the leaked render for the HTC One M9 looked but the actual phone we got looked nothing like that 

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

When I read "completely different" in the title, I was expecting S10 to look like a donut, toroid shaped. Now, that would be "completely different"...

Thats actually not a bad idea...

15 hours ago, Mooshi said:

Who actually takes a $800+ phone with them without a case? Glossy colors as a selling point to me is like trying to push a salad on a Texan at a BBQ.

That coat will just be covered by a matte case.

Though my Note 3 and case I use contrasting colours. Looks nice. :)

9 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

> bitch about plastic phones

> praise premiumness of metal and glass build devices

> pays overpriced fees to own said device

> puts "premium" phone inside 5 buck plastic case the instant it's taken out of the box.

can we stop with this glass and metal BS and go back to when phones were designed functionally? 

"no" - Phone makers

10 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

"no" - Phone makers

"And have no headphone jack, with a messed up standard to replace it. And while we're at it, here's a notch."

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

"And have no headphone jack, with a messed up standard to replace it. And while we're at it, here's a notch."

"If Apple does it, that means it's something cool that we must do!"