Issues With External Screens/Windows 7 And Laptop (Asus U57A)

So i have an Asus U57A (running windows 7), which has had a broken screen for a very long time, however it was used with an external monitor for a very long time via the VGA port, however after a decent while of not being used. The system will boot and when enter is pressed the system seems to restart until enter is pressed again a while later - whilst pushing the screen there as a glimpse of the windows log in screen with a dialogue box with the options yes/no, however no matter if i press left or right before enter, it still does not output to the external monitor. I dont necessarily need to fix any issue outside of the output to the monitor, i have tried using windows key + P, and FN + F3, F5, F8 and F9 - none giving any results - is there any way to force safe boot to an external screen? this doesnt seem to be hardware related as the cables and monitor work with other VGA outputs, just not this laptop. Please help!

I would just replace the laptop screen, personally.

It's relatively cheap and fairly easy.

As far as I know, you can't force a laptop to show an output on an external screen from boot.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

You have several options. If Windows 7 Pro is installed, you can log into it remotely via another computer or phone app, as long as it is already set to allow RDP connections, then change the display settings. You could try entering your password blind, then try the projection hotkeys once logged in. If you haven't already tried it, you could connect the monitor AFTER the system has booted, and hopefully Windows will automatically detect that and activate the monitor. FYI, Windows will probably still black out the monitor until logged in, at which time you will get an extended version of your desktop, and can then set it to only show on the monitor. Just right-click on the desktop to open the display settings, then Windows+arrow keys to move the window into view.

Another option is to put the drive into and boot from a different system, install Teamviewer, and set it to allow unattended login. Reinstall the drive in the laptop, login via Teamviewer, and change your display settings from there. Hope some of that helps, good luck.