Blue Yeti Review

cjeffcoatjr

OK, so this is my review of the Blue Yeti. 

p26NCQE.jpg

Audio Quality - 10/10

Features -9/10 Like everyone else in the world, I didnt read the instructions when setting it up, so at first you will be comfused about which settings are which, but you will quickly learn.

settings_chart.jpg

ID (industrial design)-11/10 The ID is amazing. The entire thing is metal, and it is really sturdy. One thing to be aware of however, is that the box picture is deceiving. The actual microphone is about a foot tall.

Onboard sound-7/10 The Yeti has a 3.5mm jack for plugging in headphones, and to be perfectly honest its not the best, but also not the worst. It sounds about like onboard. Better can be done with a real DAC.

Onboard AMP-10/10 It does what it should do. It amplifies your headphones. I use my 250ohm DT990's in it, and it along with onboard audio powers then just fine. 

I hope this was informative, and if there is anything else that you want to know, just ask.

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

I have a blue yeti, ghetto rigged on a mic arm, with the shockmount. It's hot glued on, I should have just bought a proper stand but I cheaped out. 

I have a Blue Yeti that I use for recording electric guitar. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Nice review.  I picked up the Blue Snowball a couple of months ago as my portable USB mic, but have had my eye on the Yeti for a while.

Corsair 700D | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i7 4790K | Corsair H110 | EVGA GTX 980Ti SOC ACX | Patriot 1600LL - 4 x 4GB |

Crucial C300 128GB SSD | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | Western Digital Black 1TB | Corsair AX850 Pro Gold | ASUS Xonar DS |

That was a bad audio quality test tbh...with the background noise, can sound way better than that.

That was a bad audio quality test tbh...with the background noise, can sound way better than that.

Yes

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Snip

Nice review indeed :) Informative and not to long to be boring ^^

Funny thing is that I am thinking of buying the exact same combo you have got so I just wondered: Do you by any chance have a review of the DT990 Pro's as well or are you planning one?

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Weird video, I even hear noise on there. it shouldn't

Make sure to use pop filter whenever you can, and don't keep the distance too short between you and the mic.

Thanks for the review though, I'm happy with my Blue Snowball.

Nice review indeed :) Informative and not to long to be boring ^^

Funny thing is that I am thinking of buying the exact same combo you have got so I just wondered: Do you by any chance have a review of the DT990 Pro's as well or are you planning one?

I will make one once I get a FiiO E10

Weird video, I even hear noise on there. it shouldn't

Make sure to use pop filter whenever you can, and don't keep the distance too short between you and the mic.

Thanks for the review though, I'm happy with my Blue Snowball.

Yea, that was my fault, I am replacing the video later today. 

I will make one once I get a FiiO E10

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

---- THE NEW VIDEO IS UPLOADED ----