Photo editing laptop (+ some gaming) under 1000 $

Hello,
I need suggestions on a laptop for under 1000$ for primaty photo editing and some slight gaming.
The models i'm currently stopped on are Acer Nitro 5 and Dell G3.

Where are you from? Do you need good quality (high sRGB) display? Preferred max weight and minimum battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

@GeneXiS_X

EU (Bulgaria), weight does not matter. It will be good to have a good quality display and a descent battery life (if possible, i wont be far from a wall outlet ).

1 hour ago, Zhivomir said:

descent battery life

Minimum how many hours?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, Zhivomir said:

4 hours heavy usage 

That is impossible even with Ultrabooks/regular laptops

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

? so a laptop can't handle 4 hours of Photoshop work 
my current old laptop does 

I get a pretty solid 4-5 hours of typing on my nitro 5 in class, but I have to bring that heavy power adapter every day. My typical use case involves having 2-4 tabs in firefox open, 2-5 instances of notepad, and 1or 2 instances of teraterm open at once. I always use it with at least 1 additional monitor. I actually quite like the laptop.

The minute the dgpu kicks in I have maybe 1.5 hours of total use time. So yeah.

1 hour ago, Zhivomir said:

my current old laptop does 

Which model? What's the specs?

BTW doing medium-heavy load unplugged kills battery faster

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Which model? What's the specs?

BTW doing medium-heavy load unplugged kills battery faster

lol I'm guessing their work load isn't heavy. Or even moderate. 

When I'm running lightroom and photoshop together on my Dell XPS 9575 4k which is rated for 8 hours, I can get about 2 hours real world photoshop usage manipulating large files, rendering layers, hand touching using the stylus, or even just using a mouse. 

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

For me that is heavy usage, editing photos and drawing for a long period of time.

48 minutes ago, Zhivomir said:

For me that is heavy usage, editing photos and drawing for a long period of time.

I see. You have to settle for MX150 laptops if that's the case. I don't think a GTX laptop in this price range will have such battery life

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, markr54632 said:

I get a pretty solid 4-5 hours of typing on my nitro 5 in class, but I have to bring that heavy power adapter every day. My typical use case involves having 2-4 tabs in firefox open, 2-5 instances of notepad, and 1or 2 instances of teraterm open at once. I always use it with at least 1 additional monitor. I actually quite like the laptop.

The minute the dgpu kicks in I have maybe 1.5 hours of total use time. So yeah.

As an aside, check out the LVSUN universal laptop charger (or similar) on Amazon. I got one to replace the rather large brick for my old laptop that I was carrying around. It has plug adapters for pretty much every laptop, plus two usb-A charging ports, and provides 90 Watts of power. I hate to sound like an ad, and I was a bit skeptical when I bought it, but I have been very happy with the charger.