PC Restarts suddenly while gaming

Wanted-x
Go to solution Solved by Wanted-x,

Dear Members, 

I know that i am replying very late but i think everyone needs to know what exactly happened to my rig. Actually it was faulty PSU. Yeah a faulty  Antec truepower new 650w. Actually it was very old variants and i didn't do proper research before buying PC back then. Now i ma using Corsair CX 550 which is working very fine as it is one of the best budget PSU even better than Antec truepower new 650w. So, guys before building a PC, do some research specially for PSU. 

Whenever I try to play any games, my PC restarts   without any warnings or anything . I faced This problem occurs while gaming and I have been trying to figure out the prblm for a while now . Specially this happened when i played far cry 4, it was restarted several times at that time. I  checked out my cpu gpu temperature at the time of gaming with hw-monitor , it never rose above 55 degrees. So, so far um 100% sure that my gpu and my hard drive is perfectly fine and may be my cpu is also ok (not sure about it though).  I have searched about it a lot on the internet and most of the people stated that it is a PSU issue. So, can anyone atleast give me some hints about what the problem could be??? Um guessing it is a psu issue , but i need to be sure about the problem otherwise it would be a waste for me if the problem still persists after changing the psu . 
MY PC SPECS:
CPU :  core i 5 7400
MOBO: gigabyte b250m hd3
HDD : WD 2TB green refurbished 
RAM : Coresair vengeance 8 gb 2400mhz(running at 2133mhz)
GPU : Gigabyte nvidia gfx 1050 ti oc edition 
PSU : Antec truepower new 650w 
I would be really grateful if anyone suggest me any solution :) 

TIA

When this happens, it's usually a PSU issue yes, how old is it?

Just now, Nutroll said:

When this happens, it's usually a PSU issue yes, how old is it?

1 year old. But my PC is kind of full of dust. is there any possibility for that?

3 minutes ago, Wanted-x said:

Whenever I try to play any games, my PC restarts   without any warnings or anything . I faced This problem occurs while gaming and I have been trying to figure out the prblm for a while now . Specially this happened when i played far cry 4, it was restarted several times at that time. I  checked out my cpu gpu temperature at the time of gaming with hw-monitor , it never rose above 55 degrees. So, so far um 100% sure that my gpu and my hard drive is perfectly fine and may be my cpu is also ok (not sure about it though).  I have searched about it a lot on the internet and most of the people stated that it is a PSU issue. So, can anyone atleast give me some hints about what the problem could be??? Um guessing it is a psu issue , but i need to be sure about the problem otherwise it would be a waste for me if the problem still persists after changing the psu . 
MY PC SPECS:
CPU :  core i 5 7400
MOBO: gigabyte b250m hd3
HDD : WD 2TB green refurbished 
RAM : Coresair vengeance 8 gb 2400mhz(running at 2133mhz)
GPU : Gigabyte nvidia gfx 1050 ti oc edition 
PSU : Antec truepower new 650w 
I would be really grateful if anyone suggest me any solution :) 

TIA

what are your temps? when was the last time you cleaned inside your pc?

if at first you don't break it you must have followed the directions

Get a can of duster and q-tips clean everything sure, even the PSU fan. Give it a shot, it's worth it.

2 minutes ago, Finwillwin said:

Is the PSU 80+ certified if not, I would take it out before it turns your rig into a campfire.  It is probably the PSU.

Yes it is.

AbDh.jpg

Just now, Wanted-x said:

Yes it is.

before you tear everything apart get a good strong vacuum and clean your pc of dust. if you can pull the CPU fan and get the heat sink real good. if you can't get a bottle of compressed air and blow it out.

5 minutes ago, Onboard87 said:

what are your temps? when was the last time you cleaned inside your pc?

Not that much. pic given below. around 6 months ago but not tat deep cleaned like reapplying thermalpaste etc etc etc
AbDp.jpg
AbDB.jpg
AbDD.jpg

Those temps look fine., Try cleaning it anyway, it's worth a shot.

5 minutes ago, Wanted-x said:

Not that much. pic given below. around 6 months ago but not tat deep cleaned like reapplying thermalpaste etc etc etc

the max temps are not up there near auto shutoff are you playing CPU intensive games? and is your side panel on or off?

9 minutes ago, Onboard87 said:

the max temps are not up there near auto shutoff are you playing CPU intensive games? and is your side panel on or off?

I purchased my pc in july'17. From then till now, i played gta v, wwe 2k14, 16, far cry 4, 5 cod ww2, batman origins etc. The problem i faced a month ago when i played far cry 4, but during these month i played only fifa 18 and that problem wasn't repeated during the time. But half n hour ago when i tried to play ets2, the problem occured again   

Also check all power connectors (PSU side and hardware side). I once had random restarts because a connector wasn't fully plugged in.

My boring Github   /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

1 minute ago, Wanted-x said:

I purchased my pc in july'17. From then till now, i played gta v, wwe 2k14, 16, far cry 4, 5 cod ww2, batman origins etc. The problem i faced a month ago when i played far cry 4, but during these months i played only fifa 18 and that problem wasn't repeated during the time. But half n hoir ago when i tried to play ets2, the problem occured again   

give it a good cleaning and get into the heat sink then try it. i bet you are having the same problem i had last year. MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG YOUR PC AND CYCLE THE POWER BUTTON TO PREVENT ARCS!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Onboard87 said:

give it a good cleaning and get into the heat sink then try it. i bet you are having the same problem i had last year. MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG YOUR PC AND CYCLE THE POWER BUTTON TO PREVENT ARCS!!!!!!!!

I think so, i will clean a to z of my pc tomorrow 

1 minute ago, Wanted-x said:

I think so, i will clean a to z of my pc tomorrow 

Let me know how it goes.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:41 PM, Onboard87 said:

Let me know how it goes.

Finally after cleaning all the stinky dust, it works perfectly. Played The crew 2 for 6 hours non stop. No sign of restart. The main thing is stress tasted of PSU with OCCT about 22 minutes, no sign of restart. :D

So, i think it was the stinky dust causing that restart problem. :dry: 

A8cC.png
A8c9.png
A8c3.png
A8cc.png
A8cw.png

4 hours ago, Wanted-x said:

Finally after cleaning all the stinky dust, it works perfectly. Played The crew 2 for 6 hours non stop. No sign of restart. The main thing is stress tasted of PSU with OCCT about 22 minutes, no sign of restart. :D

So, i think it was the stinky dust causing that restart problem. :dry: 

Right on happy gaming to you! 

• 1 year later...

Dear Members, 

I know that i am replying very late but i think everyone needs to know what exactly happened to my rig. Actually it was faulty PSU. Yeah a faulty  Antec truepower new 650w. Actually it was very old variants and i didn't do proper research before buying PC back then. Now i ma using Corsair CX 550 which is working very fine as it is one of the best budget PSU even better than Antec truepower new 650w. So, guys before building a PC, do some research specially for PSU.