help finding the right headphone for gaming

Biggerandreas !!N00B!!

I have a pair of Q701's and I love them, but my friend isn't a fan after giving them a listen . As far amping, I just pair them with my STX (yes, I know there are better solutions but I found one for $100 lol), but I also have a E17 that I use for amping them on my laptop and it's fine, so I'd imagine the cheaper E7 or even cheaper options like the Fireye Mini might work pretty well(?)

Both the K702 and Q701 are open headphones, the sound signature seems to be slightly different due to different impedance but not much more than that.

i just wanna know do it leak sound/can you hear sound nearby?, i really don't understand "open headphones"

what amp do i need for bass boost?

The FiiO E10 does bass boost. Also in control panel of ypur computer you can enhance bass.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

e11 can only be run when on battery you cannot run it while it is plugged in so it is pretty well horrible for on pc and everyday use

e11 can only be run when on battery you cannot run it while it is plugged in so it is pretty well horrible for on pc and everyday use

oh ok, thanks:)

will you guys think it will be stupid to buy the AKG Q701 or should i just choose another set of headphones?

Could look at http://www.thomann.de/gb/shure_srh1440_b_stock.htm, a bit easier to drive than the Q701. Though the Q701 are cheaper so you would have a bit of money left over for an amp.

right now the AKG Q701 is 208£ http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004444O3W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AT7F9D8A6ELCP

Could go with them and get a Fiio E10, should get them to a reasonable volume plus it has a bass booster. You won't be getting 100% out of the headphones but you could always buy a better amp a while down the line

Headset

Could go with them and get a Fiio E10, should get them to a reasonable volume plus it has a bass booster. You won't be getting 100% out of the headphones but you could always buy a better amp a while down the line

can you recommend a better amp?

What?

The DT 990 looks amazing :).

But as i see you play alot of FPS.

So my question would be do you play CS:GO ''competetively'' ?

Than id recommend the Audio Technica ATH-AD700x.

If you only play for fun the DT 990's are probably the best choice though :).

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

What?

The DT 990 looks amazing :).

But as i see you play alot of FPS.

So my question would be do you play CS:GO ''competetively'' ?

Than id recommend the Audio Technica ATH-AD700x.

If you only play for fun the DT 990's are probably the best choice though :).

i play it for fun, not really competitive, but i like to hear where enemys are

i play it for fun, not really competitive, but i like to hear where enemys are

Than you will be perfect with the DT 990

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

can the fiio e10 go through soundcard or it is a usb only?. if i buy a amp how will this work with soundcard?

Than you will be perfect with the DT 990

im not only playing cs:go i also plays other games, so i dont want to focus on cs:go :)

can the fiio e10 go through soundcard or it is a usb only?. if i buy a amp how will this work with soundcard?

Its usb and believe me its way better than a sound card.

And no i think it wont work with a sound card.

i was just thinking about sorround sound, is there a amp that can go through a soundcard, because i will buy a soundcard later on

are there a amp man can connect to a soundcard?

i was just thinking about sorround sound, is there a amp that can go through a soundcard, because i will buy a soundcard later on

No need to buy a soundcard though, unless there is something wrong with your onboard.

are there a amp man can connect to a soundcard?

Plenty, but they will run just as well of onboard. 

No need to buy a soundcard though, unless there is something wrong with your onboard.

Plenty, but they will run just as well of onboard. 

can you recommend a amp theres not usb?

Most amps run on line-in or RCA in I think. external DACs usually run on USB. however, I don't know of many amps, and the ones I do know of, I don't have experience with. A lot of people here recommend the o2 amp, like this http://www.headnhifi.com/O2-desktop-amplifier

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

The only amps I know of are Fiio's and the o2. Since Fiio is ridiculously marked up in Europe, that o2 amp is probably your best bet.