help finding the right headphone for gaming

Biggerandreas !!N00B!!

You can just use razer surround, it works with any headphones and any source if that's what you fancy.

Sennheisers 558s or 598s with zalman mic or snowflake.

EDIT I saw you already ordered the snowball but the 558s and 598s work great with it anyway.

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

I don't think they are that different.

on amazon it says 

"AKG K702 Open-Back Dynamic Reference Headphons" i don't know what open-back do

on amazon it says 

"AKG K702 Open-Back Dynamic Reference Headphons" i don't know what open-back do

They're open, meaning they let in sounds around you, and leak sound from your headphones, so people around you can hear it if you're at high volume. Also open headphones have a better soundstage than closed, so they'll be good for gaming, giving you a more accurate positional sound. But they're both open, I'd just take the one that is cheaper, but I don't know of any major differences between them. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

They're open, meaning they let in sounds around you, and leak sound from your headphones, so people around you can hear it if you're at high volume. Also open headphones have a better soundstage than closed, so they'll be good for gaming, giving you a more accurate positional sound. But they're both open, I'd just take the one that is cheaper, but I don't know of any major differences between them. 

ok thanks

ok thanks

There is nothing wrong with the k701/k701, q701. If you like the sound they produce then they are good.

But I've heard that those headphones have bumps in the headband, and the bumps are quite uncomfortable. They are not present in some models, so if you go the AKG route look into that.

As for the Amplifier, I really don't know how hard they are to drive. Fiio E10 might work, but I think the O2 set should work if nothing else. And maybe some amps thet I'm not aware of

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I have a pair of Q701's and I love them, but my friend isn't a fan after giving them a listen . As far amping, I just pair them with my STX (yes, I know there are better solutions but I found one for $100 lol), but I also have a E17 that I use for amping them on my laptop and it's fine, so I'd imagine the cheaper E7 or even cheaper options like the Fireye Mini might work pretty well(?)

i know i ask alot but will the AKG k702 open back be better then AKG Q701?

Both the K702 and Q701 are open headphones, the sound signature seems to be slightly different due to different impedance but not much more than that.

Current PC: AMD FX8320 || PNY GTX 770 || 2x4GB || ASUS M5A97 || Corsair TX 750 V2 || Asus Essence STX || CM Storm Enforcer
Peripherals: Logitech G500S || Cooler Master Quickfire TK || Audio-Technica AT2020 || Focusrite iTrack Solo || Q701 + DT990 Pro

Fiio E10 might work, but I think the O2 set should work if nothing else. And maybe some amps thet I'm not aware of

E10 is fine volume-wise, but as always, the O2 is still nicer.

Both the K702 and Q701 are open headphones, the sound signature seems to be slightly different due to different impedance but not much more than that.

I haven't found any evidence that impedance has any direct correlation the sound signature.

thanks for the help guys, but i changed mind.

i just wanna know if there are a headphone out there have immersive(don't know what to say) sound and accuracy so i can pinpoint enemys and when explosions come it will give a big "boom" "good" (bass?) sound

budget is the same(180-240£) but now is a combo headphones+amp/soundcard i really want help because i don't know very much about sound:(

i will also be using them for movies

Edited by Biggerandreas !!N00B!!

thanks for the help guys, but i changed mind.

i just wanna know if there are a headphone out there have immersive(don't know what to say) sound and accuracy so i can pinpoint enemys and when explosions come it will give a big "boom" "good" (bass?) sound

budget is the same(180-240£) but now is a combo headphones+amp/soundcard i really want help because i don't know very much about sound:(

i will also be using them for movies

An open headphone (which is the best for positional audio) with good bass? well here's the one for you, Beyerdynamic DT990 250 ohm. But for these you will need an amp. The FiiO E10 is one of the most recommended ones here, but I think you could use a FiiO E6, which is just an amp. not sure about this though, if anyone knows, please correct me. Another headphone that is good is the Sennheiser HD558, but they don't have that much bass. Those do not need a new amp or dac or though. 

You could get a soundcard like the Xonar DGX, but it's not something I'd usually recommend, as they get a lot of interference, the output impedance might be too high, which might do some bad stuff to your sound, (note: it MIGHT, not saying it DOES) and also the drivers are not good, if you're gonna get it, I'd use the Xonar unified drivers which are developed by someone who is not asus, and are actually updated.

An open headphone (which is the best for positional audio) with good bass? well here's the one for you, Beyerdynamic DT990 250 ohm. But for these you will need an amp. The FiiO E10 is one of the most recommended ones here, but I think you could use a FiiO E6, which is just an amp. not sure about this though, if anyone knows, please correct me. Another headphone that is good is the Sennheiser HD558, but they don't have that much bass. Those do not need a new amp or dac or though. 

You could get a soundcard like the Xonar DGX, but it's not something I'd usually recommend, as they get a lot of interference, the output impedance might be too high, which might do some bad stuff to your sound, (note: it MIGHT, not saying it DOES) and also the drivers are not good, if you're gonna get it, I'd use the Xonar unified drivers which are developed by someone who is not asus, and are actually updated.

ok thanks but are there any closed headphones there have good positional audio?

ok thanks but are there any closed headphones there have good positional audio?

Uhm.. usually closed headphones have pretty crap soundstages, don't know of any myself, but googling lead me to believe that AKG K550's have a good soundstage for being a closed headphone. I have no experience with them though. 

O i can confirm that the DT990 Pro 250 Ohm is an epic headphone. Bass you will be granted when using the DT990 Pro 250 Ohm.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

Uhm.. usually closed headphones have pretty crap soundstages, don't know of any myself, but googling lead me to believe that AKG K550's have a good soundstage for being a closed headphone. I have no experience with them though. 

O i can confirm that the DT990 Pro 250 Ohm is an epic headphone. Bass you will be granted when using the DT990 Pro 250 Ohm.

are there other headphones there have a "nicer" look, and what amp/soundcard do i need?

I have never tried the Beyerdynamic Custom One but they look nice to my standards.

Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

I have never tried the Beyerdynamic Custom One but they look nice to my standards.

yeah they look pretty nice but are there a headphone there look like the akg Q701/K702-701?

i just need to buy this now, while theres deals on, can you just not recommend a good headphones for my needs

or is the AKG Q701 worth it?

i just need to buy this now, while theres deals on, can you just not recommend a good headphones for my needs

or is the AKG Q701 worth it?

I'd say get the 990's and an amp like the FiiO E10, but you could get the Q701 if you wanted to. They have good soundstages, and have a very nice mid and high range. 

I'd say get the 990's and an amp like the FiiO E10, but you could get the Q701 if you wanted to. They have good soundstages, and have a very nice mid and high range. 

but every place i read and what you guys say at the q701 have little bass, i like when explosions happen and it give a big "bang"

If you want bass jist get the heaphobe and enable bass boost on your computer sound settings. or amp bass boost.

If you want bass jist get the heaphobe and enable bass boost on your computer sound settings. or amp bass boost.

what will bass boost do? i'am a noob ;)

It will make explosions go boom