. hi i need help about maximum pcie cable ampere

anh le

hi. im going to buy new gtx 1070ti which has 1 x 6 pin + 1 x 8 pin connector. 

My PSu is s12ii 520 and has two 6+2 connector but splited from one  8-pin single cable at the end. ( it is not 2 rails 2 cables separately )

i did google and see that my entrie system will draw about 340 watt under gaming and gtx 1070ti use about 175-180 watt while my psu is 520 watt and 12 volt rail is 480 watt at max

with 1 6 pin and 1 8 pin. in case my card is hungry and needs at maximum 150 + 75 = 225 watt ( even though i think it will never reach that limit cuz i won't do OC ), will it burn my pcie cable ? because my card will suck power from one cable , not 2 cable separately like i described above. 

i assume at maxmium 225 watt, each wire will handle about 225 / (12x3) =6.25 ampe. am i right about it ? and if so. is it safe for my psu ? will it burn ? my s12ii 520 can handle 1070ti  with 8 +6 pin pcie well ?  because this s12ii series are quite old. it come from 2010 if i rmb correctly.  Please help me answer. thank you so much  so much..

The cable will be fine, Its designed to be used that way. Those cables can easily handle that current. Also some power goes over the slot.

Whats the rest of the system?

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The cable will be fine, Its designed to be used that way. Those cables can easily handle that current. Also some power goes over the slot.

Whats the rest of the system?

thank you for your answer, happy to hear. my system is an i7 7700 3.6 ghz with 16 gb ddr4 ram and one 7k2 rpm hdd , thats all

Just now, anh le said:

thank you for your answer, happy to hear. my system is an i7 7700 3.6 ghz with 16 gb ddr4 ram and one 7k2 rpm hdd , thats all

That will be fine. That system won't be anywhere near 500w under load. Probably about 350w max under load. What gpu are you replacing?

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

That will be fine. That system won't be anywhere near 500w under load. Probably about 350w max under load. What gpu are you replacing?

i m going to buy msi 1070ti gaming ( im msi fan) eventhough other 1070ti brands require only one 8 pin pcie connector like asus strix 1070ti and this strix version perform the same as msi 1070ti does, same fps. same power comsumption.. i can't find any reason why beside msi version need an extra 6 pin for stability OC ...