FX 8350 780ti bottleneck Yes or No

Go to solution Solved by deathjester,

Multiplayer BF4? Little bit. The single player games? Nah. At 4.8 you can almost match a stock I7 which is pretty damn fast in a 8 thread game. I mean when you are getting 80's in the low fps? That is freakin fast. :)

NzgCztD.jpg?1

Now if you are talking WoW, Guild Wars 2? You would need about a 8ghz OC to match a Intel. Those darn games only use 3 cores The games you mentioned. Single player GPU bound mostly. 

Hey guys just wanted to know what you think about FX8350 and the GTX 780ti.would there be a bottleneck I mean a really bad one 10% is fine bottleneck.

Here are some specs

Fx8350 at 4.8 cooled with h100i

ROG motherboard formula 4 z

Kingston best ram 2100 8gb

Evga gtx 780ti superclocked acx cooler

Samsung ssd 500g

Games

BF4

Xcom

Skyrim

Bioshock infinity

There are more games but cant think rifht now

(Sorry if there are any mistakes im typing this on my phone)

no not once so ever

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

No....

Very minor :')

How?

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Thanks good to know. This is the first time I have not been spamed by intel fans boy telling. Me that I suck my choice in CPU sucks dont get it. It will bottleneck your comouter so on and so forth :)

How?

Everything has a bottleneck unless they're huge pipes running from both components in real time. But.... the answer I should have said was no cuz it doesn't matter reallyxD

Thanks good to know. This is the first time I have not been spamed by intel fans boy telling. Me that I suck my choice in CPU sucks dont get it. It will bottleneck your comouter so on and so forth :)

Pshhh intel fanboys. Tell me sum new :/

We have a lot of team red fans here. Yeah intel does perform better but AMD offers a damn good value.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

We have a lot of team red fans here. Yeah intel does perform better but AMD offers a damn good value.

Yes yes they do thats why I go for them and the fact I have had 4 intel CPUs break on me and no AMD CPUs break on me.

Yes yes they do thats why I go for them and the fact I have had 4 intel CPUs break on me and no AMD CPUs break on me.

Really? I had an 11 year old intel duo and I have yet to encounter problems. Ever since that mass pentium recall a long time ago where the processor would incorrectly calculate a certain problem Intel has been really strict on what makes it into the consumers hands. I am surprised you have had 4 chips break on you.

That's a LOT of defective CPUs which is very rare.... O_O

There will be no bottleneck, especially with Mantle, that's why I'd recommend pairing your CPU with an AMD R9 290 or an R9 290X instead, to get the benefits of Mantle.

The Sapphire 290X Tri-X card consistently outperformed the 780 Ti.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Sapphire-Radeon-R9-290X-Tri-X-4GB-Graphics-Card-Review/Bioshock-Infinite

Isn't single threaded performance for AMD strongly behind Intel? I saw a benchmark where the AMD FX 9590's single threaded performance was similar to an Intel G3220? AMD simply throws more Watts and Cores at a core problem; AMD, core for core, performs worse than Intel in IPC. I wanted to get a FX6300, but the power draw was shockingly more than my OC'ed 3570k

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

That's a LOT of defective CPUs which is very rare.... O_O

There will be no bottleneck, especially with Mantle, that's why I'd recommend pairing your CPU with an AMD R9 290 or an R9 290X instead, to get the benefits of Mantle.

The Sapphire 290X Tri-X card consistently outperformed the 780 Ti.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Sapphire-Radeon-R9-290X-Tri-X-4GB-Graphics-Card-Review/Bioshock-Infinite

Really? I had an 11 year old intel duo and I have yet to encounter problems. Ever since that mass pentium recall a long time ago where the processor would incorrectly calculate a certain problem Intel has been really strict on what makes it into the consumers hands. I am surprised you have had 4 chips break on you.

Yeah I have had to laptop intel CPUs and when I was working my old computer job I had to of my work computers break I think I just have really bad luck with intel. My 11 year old AMD home computer stills runs to this day lol but thats in the loft now.

Isn't single threaded performance for AMD strongly behind Intel? I saw a benchmark where the AMD FX 9590's single threaded performance was similar to an Intel G3220? AMD simply throws more Watts and Cores at a core problem; AMD, core for core, performs worse than Intel in IPC. I wanted to get a FX6300, but the power draw was shockingly more than my OC'ed 3570k

Yeah AMD does have a lot worse performance but 8 cores for cheaper than an i5 is still a good deal.

Multiplayer BF4? Little bit. The single player games? Nah. At 4.8 you can almost match a stock I7 which is pretty damn fast in a 8 thread game. I mean when you are getting 80's in the low fps? That is freakin fast. :)

NzgCztD.jpg?1

Now if you are talking WoW, Guild Wars 2? You would need about a 8ghz OC to match a Intel. Those darn games only use 3 cores The games you mentioned. Single player GPU bound mostly. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Well I watching a video by teksyndicate and it showed the fx-8350 dedstroying the i5-46xx w/e its called... and it kept up with the i7 4770k :) 

NzgCztD.jpg?1

I was thinking about getting a 9350 instead of the 8350 but the 9350 runs stupid hot. So the h100i wpuod not do a good job.

I was thinking about getting a 9350 instead of the 8350 but the 9350 runs stupid hot. So the h100i wpuod not do a good job.

the 9350 and 8350 are the EXACT same CPU. just the 9350 is cherrypicked and then factory OC'd to 5ghz. (I quite like my 8350 @ 4.8ghz for far less money)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

the 9350 and 8350 are the EXACT same CPU. just the 9350 is cherrypicked and then factory OC'd to 5ghz. (I quite like my 8350 @ 4.8ghz for far less money)

Im thinking the same thing to just not worth the extra money on it when most people can get there 8350 at 4.8 or even the 5.

Trying your luck with an 8320/8350 is always an option. Who knows? Might be one of those that hit 4.8 or more stable. That extra money could be use for other things =)

Well I watching a video by teksyndicate and it showed the fx-8350 dedstroying the i5-46xx w/e its called... and it kept up with the i7 4770k :)

Mmm... No, I don't think so. Maybe we're thinking of a different video, but I think the CPUs it was beating was Ivy Bridge, and it kept up with the 3770K. Not that it really makes much of a difference, but I just thought I'd correct that. Maybe.

Mmm... No, I don't think so. Maybe we're thinking of a different video, but I think the CPUs it was beating was Ivy Bridge, and it kept up with the 3770K. Not that it really makes much of a difference, but I just thought I'd correct that. Maybe.

and lets not forget the I7 ivy/haswells are like £300+ CPU's meanwhile the 8350 is half the price.

if AMD went out of there way to compete with the I7's and produced a CPU for £300 it would beat it hands down and would most likely be an APU

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

and lets not forget the I7 ivy/haswells are like £300+ CPU's meanwhile the 8350 is half the price.

if AMD went out of there way to compete with the I7's and produced a CPU for £300 it would beat it hands down and would most likely be an APU

I support any competition. AMD, bring out a cheap, inexpensive APU that is below 150w, Quad Core / Six Core, and make it competitive core-for-core with an i5..

I would make an ITX Rig. I tell you.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750