Issue with MacBook display

Sashgnarg

The image in my screen is distorted, I have no idea how it happened since I got it 2nd hand. The area distorted is like a perfectly shaped rectangle.  Is there any fix?

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

that should be pretty easy to fix just replace the screen

How much would that cost?

6 minutes ago, Sashgnarg said:

should be the same as any other used mac air screen , i don't think it would be any higher or lower than usual for them

26 minutes ago, Sashgnarg said:

More than the machine is worth in time & part cost. /s ... but not really. Honestly, it depends on the available repair shops you have in your area that are comfortable working on Mac's - some will do it for $300, others will want closer to Apple's rates of double that or more. That being said, it is a MacBook Air so the repair will be easier to do than the new MacBook Amateur laptops with all the glue and tiny-er screws.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

18 hours ago, Sashgnarg said:

The image in my screen is distorted, I have no idea how it happened since I got it 2nd hand. The area distorted is like a perfectly shaped rectangle.  Is there any fix?

The cable connecting the display to the rest of the laptop may have been partially disconnected. 

Disconnecting and reconnecting that cable might work. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord