H100 v2 Temp too high?

I'm not really sure what I'm suppose to do right now, but I have a Corsair H100 v2 that I'm not sure if it works properly. Let me explain, if I go into Corsair Link I can see that the pump works fine, however the fans are not spinning at all. However the fan that sits at the back of the case seems to be doing the job that h100s fans should be doing. If I play a raw 8k video or edit a big file in premier pro, the case fan is spinning based on the CPU temp, where the h100s fans only spin for a second every now and then. Can anyone tell me what I'm suppose to do?

Update: I think I fixed it in BIOS now, but I feel as though my temp is too high on Idle sitting at around 33C, I've seen people having temp between 20 to 25C

2018-09-20 (2).png

get rid of the Y and USB cables and plug the fans directly into the mobo

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, Riziko said:

-

The pump should be connected to a header supplying a constant 12 V, and the fans should be connected to the fan headers coming off the pump headers for the H100i v2

If your pump has fan headers coming off them. Plug your fans there, not the motherboard. These fans should be 4-pin PWM regulated fans.

While the AIO pump may have temperature sensors in them for the fluid, your computer does not know anything about them by default. This is why the fans should be connected to the AIO and not the motherboard. NZXT and Corsair AIOs have 4-pin fan headers which should be populated with 4-pin PWM regulated fans. If you plug a 3-pin fan, it will likely spin at full speed and not be regulated (which is because a 4-pin fan header works with a constant 12 V voltage, which is max speed on DC mode). 

If you plug your fans into the motherboard, then the fan will be regulated via the CPU temperature, which makes no sense if you were cooling a GPU, but even for cooling a CPU is not efficient. In a heaviliy overclocked system going for 75 degrees is not unusual even on water. However more motherboards have safety features that send all fans to 100% rpm when the CPU goes over some critical temperature (typically 75 degrees). This means that you can get fans going to turbo mode, despite the water temperature in the AIO being quite cool. Meaning you get all the noise with little gain in temperatures since you are probably limited by the IHS's ability to dissipate heat to the cold plate.

Does anyone know what the right temp should be with H100 v2, I have it at around 33C on idle, but I've seen people having in mid 20sC. Should I remove the thermal paste that came with it and apply Arctic Silver 5?

5 minutes ago, Riziko said:

Does anyone know what the right temp should be with H100 v2, I have it at around 33C on idle, but I've seen people having in mid 20sC. Should I remove the thermal paste that came with it and apply Arctic Silver 5?

idle temps depend mostly on your room temp, and 33C is perfectly fine btw

as long as your load temps are good i wouldn't worry about those idle temps.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

2 hours ago, wildthing said:

idle temps depend mostly on your room temp, and 33C is perfectly fine btw

as long as your load temps are good i wouldn't worry about those idle temps.

Well I've done some testing, I played the 3d mark demo and under load it goes up to 45C which is awesome, but the CPU Package(Corsair Link) goes up to 70C, so why this big difference, is the h100 v2 even doing it's job?

15 minutes ago, Riziko said:

Well I've done some testing, I played the 3d mark demo and under load it goes up to 45C which is awesome, but the CPU Package(Corsair Link) goes up to 70C, so why this big difference, is the h100 v2 even doing it's job?

The reported H100i v2 is the water temperature, which must be kept under ~55 degrees at all times otherwise the pump will die prematurely.The 7700K is a hot chip, with a layer of TIM between the die and IHS. Your temps are fine, and the H100i v2 is definitely doing its job.

18 minutes ago, For Science! said:

The reported H100i v2 is the water temperature, which must be kept under ~55 degrees at all times otherwise the pump will die prematurely.The 7700K is a hot chip, with a layer of TIM between the die and IHS. Your temps are fine, and the H100i v2 is definitely doing its job.

Alright but then why is one Case fan spinning really fast when the cpu is under heavy load, it's the fan at the back(it's pluged into cpu header 3, does that matter?) It's spins the most, more then any other.

Probably its because its set to an auto-fan curve in the BIOS, and ASUS motherboards by default have a 75 degree critical temperature limit that causes fans to go to 100% if the processor hits 75. If you want to avoid it and are fortunately enough that you are using windows, then you can change the critical temperature using AI Suite.

Alternatively plug it into something not CPU oriented, such as HAMP_FAN or CHA_1, and set the temperature source to something other than the CPU, such as motherboard or something that doesnt go to 75 degrees and setup a suitable fan curve

3 minutes ago, Riziko said:

Alright but then why is one Case fan spinning really fast when the cpu is under heavy load, it's the fan at the back(it's pluged into cpu header 3, does that matter?) It's spins the most, more then any other.

54 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Probably its because its set to an auto-fan curve in the BIOS, and ASUS motherboards by default have a 75 degree critical temperature limit that causes fans to go to 100% if the processor hits 75. If you want to avoid it and are fortunately enough that you are using windows, then you can change the critical temperature using AI Suite.

Alternatively plug it into something not CPU oriented, such as HAMP_FAN or CHA_1, and set the temperature source to something other than the CPU, such as motherboard or something that doesnt go to 75 degrees and setup a suitable fan curve

Ok so I've been in Bios and I'm not sure if the CHA1 FAN should be in pwm or DC, the h100 v2 is in DC and full power, because that's the only.way it actually works when in corsair link and ai suite 3, so am I supposr to set the cha1 fan to full speed as well?

15374539516774316484257185164504.jpg

1 minute ago, Riziko said:

Ok so I've been in Bios and I'm not sure if the CHA1 FAN should be in pwm or DC, the h100 v2 is in DC and full power, because that's the only.way it actually works when in corsair link and ai suite 3, so am I supposr to set the cha1 fan to full speed as well?

Depends on if your fan is 3-pin (DC) or 4-pin (PWM). I assume you plugged this rear fan in CHA1_FAN, then you actually need to go to the text based Q-fan in advanced configurations, then there is a combo box that lets you select the temperature source, which you need to set to something other than CPU. Then enter in the text boxes what percentage you want.

13 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Depends on if your fan is 3-pin (DC) or 4-pin (PWM). I assume you plugged this rear fan in CHA1_FAN, then you actually need to go to the text based Q-fan in advanced configurations, then there is a combo box that lets you select the temperature source, which you need to set to something other than CPU. Then enter in the text boxes what percentage you want.

Yo thank you so much for the help, I didn't know the difference between DC and PWM.

Problem solved, again thank you so much