Monitor Gamplay feel different RGB Full PC Color vs RGB limited Console

MarkEbaby

please try answer my question this is something i have noticed for years but asking now

a question about pc monitors with console i need try explain this fully so you can hopefully fully understand me

the xbox one console in its settings as shwon in picture, on video output there are 2 different color choices of RGB PC and Standard Recommended, i assume this standard recommended setting is RGB limited

the standard option is default which the xbox recommends

so connecting my samung tv the colors looks great as tvs have RGB limited color space

but i have a HP x2301 which is a pc monitor with a better response time so i connect this to xbox, my HP monitor does color RGB FULL color as its a pc monitor, on my pc colors look fine

but when i connect my HP monitor to my xbox one the colors look so so bad, horrible

so in xbox settings video output in color space were it has the standard recommended option selected which i know is RGB limited

i change xbox to color PC RGB then my HP monitor colors look alot better as the xbox now matches my monitor RGB full color

i understand this colors need be set for correct for tv or monitor connected

but i dont get this different feeling in gameplay am going to explain

now i notice when playing on my HP in PC RGB color on xbox

when am playing say a game of fifa the gameplay feels different bit quicker

did not feel right to me

so in xbox settings during a game of fifa

i changed the color back to standard recommended colors went horrible again but the game now felt bit slower

i notice when xbox is on standard recommended color the game plays bit slower than on color PC RGB

then when switch back to PC RGB the game feels different again

e.g on PC RGB gamplay feels abit quicker harder to time my skill moves sometimes its like also they dont register as good because the pace of the game has got a fraction bit faster but noticable

were as on changing back to color standard recommended again fifa feels bit slower can time my skill moves better and register more consistently feels easier to do

also seem have that extra fraction of time to pass ball around easier when opponent pressures me around pitch

the point am getting at is i just expect when changing in xbox settings between PC RGB and standard recommened just the colors to change

not the feel of how the game plays

i actaully play better on xbox being color standard recommended

but the colors look so bad for my HP monior on this standard setting

i dont know about other first person shooter games think it harder to notice but in a fast paced game like fifa i notice this big difference

why is the game feeling different on fifa? when switching the color on xbox?

my tv has a rubbish response time so i try play with my HP monitor with a better response time but because of how bad the colors are when using my HP monitor on color standard recommended i cant do this so back to tv with bad response

let me know please your opinions you can try a game out yourself if you have fifa, maybe it does on another game i not sure but fifa it does

xbox video output rgb pc standard.JPG