Sony Announces The PlayStation Classic

See this is where i am able to be smug and save money.. emulators are great enough already on PC, plus i use a DualShock 2 with both Xebra & PCSX2.

FragBox: i7-2700k 4.7-12GB Samsung 1600mhz CL8-ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN 3-R9 Fury Nitro custom bios-NZXT HALE90 750W-NZXT s340

AOC i2267WH IPS

48 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Playstation Now is what used to be OnLive But it's laggy unresponsive hell to play now.  I tried Last of Us and couldn't shoot a damn thing

I tried Onlive when it was still a thing.. it was terrible.

FragBox: i7-2700k 4.7-12GB Samsung 1600mhz CL8-ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN 3-R9 Fury Nitro custom bios-NZXT HALE90 750W-NZXT s340

AOC i2267WH IPS

This is dope.

I was a kid when the PS1 came out, so I have great nostalgia for the system.

If they release it with Fifa World Cup 98 on it, I might just have to buy this.

heck, Tekken 3 might be enough to make me buy it.

Then again, I could just go on Ebay and buy a PSOne console and some games for less money.

The decision to not go Dualshock is a poor one I think. Then again, I didn't have a PSOne and I feel no nostalgia towards it.

The Nintendo 64 on the other hand... I'd happily pay Nintendo for a N64 Classic Edition.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

1 hour ago, TheSLSAMG said:

The Nintendo 64 on the other hand... I'd happily pay Nintendo for a N64 Classic Edition.

If they can include Mario Party games and I can pick up a few extra controllers, man that's something else. That would be very enticing.

On 9/19/2018 at 2:37 AM, bleedblue said:

Lordy, everyone's cashing in on the nostalgia. Thankfully I wasn't born yet when the Playstation release, so there's no nostalgia to compel me to buy one.

Until either a Nintendo 64 classic, or possibly even a Gamecube/PS2 classic comes around.

1 hour ago, ZacoAttaco said:

If they can include Mario Party games and I can pick up a few extra controllers, man that's something else. That would be very enticing.

Nintendo would be kind of stupid not to include any mario party games on an N64 classic, especially since the modern mario parties don't do the old ones justice.

1 minute ago, ZcanKal said:

Nintendo would be kind of stupid not to include any mario party games on an N64 classic, especially since the modern mario parties don't do the old ones justice.

Agreed but then you would need 4 controllers, my guess is you might only get 1, maybe 2 with the system and then the rest would be quite expensive, that's what makes me skeptical. I'm looking forward to that system, I wonder if it'll have Banjo Kazooie? Could Nintendo and Microsoft strike a deal?

24 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Agreed but then you would need 4 controllers, my guess is you might only get 1, maybe 2 with the system and then the rest would be quite expensive, that's what makes me skeptical. I'm looking forward to that system, I wonder if it'll have Banjo Kazooie? Could Nintendo and Microsoft strike a deal?

Microsoft and Nintendo do seem to have a pretty good relationship right now, so they could possibly have Rare games, and at the very least, DK64.

27 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Seriously doubt it, we won't see Goldeneye either. It's not in 2015's Rare Replay.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Seeing that Banjo was excluded from the recent Rare compilation, probably not.

Wait what compilation? It was on Rare Replay. Was there another one?

Just now, ZacoAttaco said:

Wait what compilation? It was on Rare Replay. Was there another one?

Edited my post, I confused it with Goldeneye. :$

3 minutes ago, ZcanKal said:

Microsoft and Nintendo do seem to have a pretty good relationship right now, so they could possibly have Rare games, and at the very least, DK64.

Yeah I think to add to the positive cross-play relationship, I think it would be a really good look for Microsoft if they could strike a deal with Nintendo.

Just now, Raskolnikov said:

Edited my post, I confused it with Goldeneye. :$

Oh yeah, I doubt that's coming across :(

1 minute ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Oh yeah, I doubt that's coming across :(

Come to think of it Donkey Kong Country made it to the SNES Classic.

Goldeneye probably not though, since you also need to renew the James Bond license, which belongs to Activision.

On 19/09/2018 at 7:44 PM, Master Disaster said:

Excellent, so we can all relive the first generation 3D goodness once again. /S

<snip>

Let's hear some suggestions on which games you'd like to see.

A short list in no particular order that I would like to play again, and there are others that would need their storyline evaluated before sitting down to, but anyway...

Darkstalkers - The Night Warriors 
Dead or Alive
Doom
Final Doom
Dragon Ball GT - Final Bout
Duke Nukem - Total Meltdown
Duke Nukem - Time to Kill
Duke Nukem - Land of the Babes
Einhander
Galaga - Destination Earth
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat 3
Tekken
Tekken 2
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Tomb Raider II - Starring Lara Croft
Tomb Raider III - Adventures of Lara Croft
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six - Lone Wolf
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six - Rogue Spear
Ultimate 8 Ball
XS Airboat Racing
Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

You missed off Tekken 3 :)

@leadeater

True, however, I could not sit through the storyline to get to the actual gameplay. Maybe, with new internals, the storyboard could be skipped but from what I can recall there were more story scenes than action ones in Tekken 3.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

45 minutes ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

@leadeater

True, however, I could not sit through the storyline to get to the actual gameplay. Maybe, with new internals, the storyboard could be skipped but from what I can recall there were more story scenes than action ones in Tekken 3.

I really like the Tekken Force game mode, that was a lot of fun.

Just get raspberry pi 3 b+ kit with 32 GB SD card, power cord, 2 gamepads for about 80$ and write retropy to the sd card. You will be able to play any old console games till PS2.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

On 25/09/2018 at 12:00 AM, TheBritishVillain said:

If they release this gem for it, i'm sold :D

hogs.jpg

I played the shit outta this with my pals, still got the original :D

On 24/09/2018 at 9:32 PM, TheSLSAMG said:

Same, though i swear i still have my original in some box in the cellar somewhere with all the games etc. Never sold it and my mum knew better than to touch it "because its not doing anything".

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

19 hours ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

A short list in no particular order that I would like to play again, and there are others that would need their storyline evaluated before sitting down to, but anyway...

You're missing Gex 3: Deep Cover Geckoimage.jpeg.a3f99e02daded87717a821484e43fb78.jpeg

Otherwise a good list though.

Still no complete game list despite coming out in 5-6 weeks?

Really want to see twisted Metal on this!

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE