projector characteristic and on line pc usage

johnyb98

Please, I would like your help in the following matter.

I want to install on a pharmacy store a projector that will display on a small-scale wall images or power point transparencies about health information.

But, because I do not know how it will be so functional concerning light (the pharmacy is not so bright), I searched and found this that is economic and with good reviews:

https://microcenter.gr/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=15739

From its characteristics, what is your opinion?

Now, here are the questions (a lot to come to a conclusion).

Should it be continuously connected with the desktop pc (talking about h/w or cabling connection)? What I wanna do is not displaying on the wall what pc monitor displays. Is that possible from the one side display power point transparencies, and from the other work independently on pc windows? Or specific does not support something like that?

How connection takes place? Should I have a second one VGA card on pc, that projector will be connected on? Does a VGA splitter exists for this job?

Is power point version role important?

Or specific one cannot do what I wanna do with power point and can read only pictures from usb flash disk?

Also, can I store images in usb flash disk, and display pictures from there?

What I wanna make is both display power point transparencies independently from pc monitor display, and from the other hand to be able to display images from USB flash disk. Both.

I know questions are too much, and I really need your help.

Thank you!

You can simply install the projector and hook it up to any old computer. Most newer motherboard and graphics cards have at least 2 display outputs. When you plug it in to the computer go to (assuming your on Windows 10) display settings and you can either duplicate or extend. If you want the monitor and projector to display 2 different things, use extend. 

Thank you for your answer.

Motherboard is M4A785T-M. And uses a VGA monitor. But, also, we have another problem. Windows XP installed.

So, (wanting to work only with VGA cables) I guess cabling is to buy a VGA splitter:

splitter.thumb.jpg.467912853451b19f8acf04fbd085fce4.jpg

From one connect pc monitor and from the other projector. And choose extend in order to display different things? Is that all correct?

Manual says about graphics card:

Dual VGA output
This motherboard supports dual display output on digital HDMI/DVI and
analog D-Sub. DVI (Digital Visual Interface) provides high quality visuals
for digital display devices like LCD monitors.

That means that I can concurrently use D-Sub and a or HDMI or DVI device. So, specific motherboard gives two combinations:

a. D-Sub with HDMI

b. D-Sub with DVI

HDMI with DVI does not work.

Have I understood well?