Galaxy Note 9 - ALMOST Perfect..

CPotter

Click here to download PUBG MOBILE for free and join the 100+ million players currently playing: http://bit.ly/2Pn8XlM Sponsored by PUBG MOBILE.

The Note 9 isn't perfect.. but I can't find much that's wrong with it..

Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Amazon: http://geni.us/Y1yD

4 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Click here to download PUBG MOBILE for free and join the 100+ million players currently playing

no thanks

56 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Click here to download PUBG MOBILE for free and join the 100+ million players currently playing: http://bit.ly/2Pn8XlM Sponsored by PUBG MOBILE.

No link for floatplane alpha site? No download link? 

FeelsBadMan... 

EDIT: Apparently I missed this a week ago in Floatplane...

Dang I've been busy... 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

I'm done buying flagship phone. now a $300 can give you last year flagship tech.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

35 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Yea, almost. Cause it's not an iPhone

exactly being not an iphone is what got it most of the way to perfect xD

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

44 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Hey linus, where do you buy this headphone  in the video and what it is?

so lets see if we can pad that out into 7 minutes or so

*plays ad*

(i'm just joking i get that sponsors are needed please don't hate me)

She/Her

2 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

I'm done buying flagship phone. now a $300 can give you last year flagship tech.

Not if that flagship is a Note.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

This phone is going to suffer sh*t battery life and performance. 

Performs great and I'm regularly getting 2 days out of it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

6 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yea, I don't get why anyone would buy a flagship phone tbh. All you get is better performance and better camera which means literally nothing on a phone. You aren't going to be regularly rendering 4k video on a phone or play any demanding games (Do people seriously play pubg on a tiny phone screen?). Camera quality is good enough on even a $100 phone. Anyone who actually cares about image quality would own a stand-alone camera.

Mad phone but I'll stick with my Note8. The only thing I'll probably miss out on is the much better battery life on the Note9. 

2 things though;

• Bixby button can be disabled in an upcoming update 
  • When you put it up against the OP6, that Note9 SKU had the Exynos 9810 if the "SM-N960N" model number is correct. 

As a little bonus though, "Did it explode? Nein."

Apparently, one allegedly did in New York but the amount of information is so thin and said info is so fishy that I wouldn't be concerned 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, poochyena said:

Yea, I don't get why anyone would buy a flagship phone tbh. All you get is better performance and better camera which means literally nothing on a phone. You aren't going to be regularly rendering 4k video on a phone or play any demanding games (Do people seriously play pubg on a tiny phone screen?). Camera quality is good enough on even a $100 phone. Anyone who actually cares about image quality would own a stand-alone camera.

To be frank though, the likely person who would buy a Note likely already has several use cases that would justify the huge price.

I've said it before. Have me use a Redmi Note 5 or Nokia 7 Plus and for most of the time, I'll be very happy to use them. But every now and then, I'll miss whatever extras I have on my Note8, whether that's the S Pen or whatever features Samsung slaps onto their phones and software UX.

Is that worth 2-3x the price of the Redmi/Nokia 7+? Of course not from an objective standpoint. But if I actually use those features or if I want the very best for my needs, the unfortunate truth is that I'll have to cough it up. The Note is currently one of the very few phones that meet my usage requirements.

But my point is this. If you're just using your smartphone for typical smartphone things, then the $200 Redmi Note 5 will serve you just as well as a more expensive phone. It's not the best in anything, but it does a more-than-decent enough job for most of them. But if you actually use everything a smartphone has and then some or you somehow want the very best, then there are more expensive options, albeit with diminishing returns.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Did it explode?

Not yet. Tho I doubt it would or if it does it's one in a million, I doubt Sammy would let it happen again.

I also find it a little odd Oppo wouldn't put NFC into a phone they plan on selling where it is used... I've got it on a $400 unit and I love it.

As for PUBG no thanks... Pokemon GO has claimed dominance in the category of battery vampire...

12 hours ago, poochyena said:

It's not really about those things. Not for me.

I upgraded from an S7 to Note 8 because over the past 3 years I use my PCs and laptops less and less at home. My phone is my main computing device, and I'll use the Switch and PS4 for gaming.

What makes the Note useful me

- Screen size

- RAM

- CPU to drive everything in all that RAM

- S Pen for more precision tasks on non mobile friendly sites or believe it or not apps (SSH, Remote desktop, etc)

Cringe. They could literally put feces in  a plastic bag and say it's Samsung galaxy/note ''insert number'' and some people would still buy it.

10 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

the likely person who would buy a Note likely already has several use cases that would justify the huge price.

Likely true for the note but sadly most units sold on the top tier end is done by social sheep... Which is how Apple and Sammy like it...

12 hours ago, poochyena said:

(Do people seriously play pubg on a tiny phone screen?). Camera quality is good enough on even a $100 phone. Anyone who actually cares about image quality would own a stand-alone camera.

Yes people do play it (never seen anyone however, more PoGo lol) tho I doubt 100 million have downloaded the app (and/or actually used it at least once)

I personally wouldn't trust a $100 phone for anything other than a kids toy, I owned a $120 LG phone several years ago, very basic android phone but I would never go back to it or anything in the 150 or less category. So the person you quoted about $300 I would say is the baseline for any one who uses their phone daily for more than talk and text, might be able to push $250 but that's a per situation base.

Yes buying a stand alone camera is best since a tiny lens can only do so much but social sheep have taken over the planet and.... The opening lines in this video are perfect.

Go back in time 15 years everyone owned a standalone, FF to today almost no one has one. Maybe in 100 years phone cameras will finally surpass standalone units, but we'd all be dead before then xD

41 minutes ago, Ok243 said:

Cringe. They could literally put feces in  a plastic bag and say it's Samsung galaxy/note ''insert number'' and some people would still buy it.

Well, the people who would likely buy a Note probably knows their phones 

4 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Well, the people who would likely buy a Note probably knows their phones 

I know multiple people that bought the Note 3 because there wasn't a good selection of large phones at the time. They didn't know jack about phones, but they're all repeat customers now

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

52 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I would never go back to it or anything in the 150 or less category.

Why? I owned a $60 LG phone between 2016 - 2017 and the only complaint I had was it had slightly too little ram since pokemon go would crash every once and a while, but i'm sure a ~$150 2018 phone would be plenty powerful enough if my $60 phone just barely wasn't. I got a (free) LG G6 in mid 2017 and can't see any reason to upgrade it in the next ~3+ years. Checking emails, processing credit cards, and playing pokemon go doesn't require much hardware to do. Idk what else people do on phones that require more power tbh.

1 hour ago, poochyena said:

Why? I owned a $60 LG phone between 2016 - 2017 and the only complaint I had was it had slightly too little ram since pokemon go would crash every once and a while, but i'm sure a ~$150 2018 phone would be plenty powerful enough if my $60 phone just barely wasn't. I got a (free) LG G6 in mid 2017 and can't see any reason to upgrade it in the next ~3+ years. Checking emails, processing credit cards, and playing pokemon go doesn't require much hardware to do. Idk what else people do on phones that require more power tbh.

Pokemon Go runs nicely on 2GB ram tho it does lock up from time to time but that could be the game itself. The reason why I won't go back to a sub $200 phone is mainly lack of features. No under $200 phone has NFC, finger sensor (some do, but if they act like the Stylo 2 Plus one I won't want it) or a 1080 screen. You might say you can't see the true 1080 like you did with 4K but it's not just that, it's the pixel density. So you throw in a 720 screen with a pixel density of 75% the amount that you're used too on a screen thats smaller it will look like garbage.

Also a 2500mah (I know there are a few that have 3000) battery wouldn't last me the minimum of 2 hours in Pokemon Go, granted my battery barely can handle 1.5 hours but that could have been due to it being summer.

Then there is the fact your camera likely records at 1080 but you can't view it at 1080 which is great because the cheapo camera in the unit will look better at 720 over 1080... While I don't use my front camera at all I do need a decent sensor and lens for the back for times I need to send pictures on the fly for various non memory keeping reasons (or unexpected ones, since I don't own anything trust worthy that is slim enough to carry).

My next phone will need 3GB ram at least, I've decided to keep my Stylo 3 Plus for at least 2 years (because it is far better than the 2 plus), even if I need to buy a new battery for it. That said maybe next year we will see NFC in the sub $200 but I doubt it.