triple monitor setup

Wessel123

Hello,
I've been looking for a long time now for new monitors for my gaming setup, and i'm struggling to find the right combination.
My plan is to buy a triple monitor setup, but there are a few things i will point out.
I've been looking for 3x a 1080p 144hz monitor, because most of the times i will be gaming on the monitors, therefore i think 1080p144hz is better than 1440p60hz (correct me if i'm wrong). 
It isn't really my intention to play games on 3 monitors at the same time, but just on the middle screen, and use the 2 at the sides for other things. 
However i want 3 of the same type monitors, because i will probably play a racing game on the 3 monitors at the same time every now and then, so i would like to have this option (but not the main reason for triple monitor setup).
I've been thinking of the following monitor 1080p 144hz: AOC G2590PX
Currently i have a rx 480 as my GPU, but it has only 2 displayport (and 2 hdmi ports) which means i can only run 2 of the 3 monitors at the 144hz.

I think these are the options i currently have, and i really appreciate every advice to help me out:

- 3x the 1080p 144hz monitor mentioned above (aoc g2590px).

- 3x a 1080p 60hz monitor (maybe iiyama g2530hsu-b1) because i'm not sure if my rx 480 will be able to reach the 144hz, and because it only has 2 displayports.

- 3x the 1080p 144hz monitor mentioned above AND upgrading my gpu (a gpu which has 3 displayports, like the gtx 1070) so i will be able to reach the 144hz better and also on all 3 monitors. However this means i won't be able to use
the Freesync the monitor has.

Thanks for taking the time to read throught the topic :)

what is your budget? and what are you going to do with this setup?

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

@ricksteendam1

most of the times just playing games on the middle monitor, and like youtube/discord/my ps4 on the monitors on the sides, but i'm planning on playing games like project cars 2 on the 3 monitors are the same time every now and then (but not the main focus of this setup)

I don't really have a pre-set budget that i want to spent on it. Defenitely don't want to buy really expensive monitors with 1440p 144hz because it seems unnecessary to me.

Currently running a single cheap 1080p60hz monitor, and it looks oke to me. 

I think the max will be around 250 for each monitor, so 750 in total, but i'd prefer having a good price/performance so if anyone can persuade me to take a much cheaper (like the 3x 1080p60hz monitor, which would mean around 400 euro's in total) or a littlebit more expensive monitor, i'm willing to take that into consideration. I don't want to spend the extra 300 euro's if i don't gain a big advantage from it.

I also mentioned potentionally upgrading my gpu, i want to do that if it has massive benefits for me, but that upgrade has nothing to do with the 750 for the monitors.