First PC-build, any flaws?

Heyo guys, so i'm going to build my first desktop beauty in a couple of weeks and have some questions that needs solving. I got the final partlist right here. And no, please don't flip your shit when you see the case. It's literally one of the 3 cases i can pick up in my local store, and it's the best choice i've got atm. Might buy the mesh front if temps get problematic. I'm debating with myself if i need the G2 powersupply, or just go for the 20$ cheaper GQ version. Heard the G2 version is a safer bet, higher quality and longer lasting? And also, the riser cable is for bling only, got it for free from a friend.

Anybody of you pro's see any flaws in my list?

2 minutes ago, Chickentandoori87 said:

Heyo guys, so i'm going to build my first desktop beauty in a couple of weeks and have some questions that needs solving. I got the final partlist right here. And no, please don't flip your shit when you see the case. It's literally one of the 3 cases i can pick up in my local store, and it's the best choice i've got atm. Might buy the mesh front if temps get problematic. I'm debating with myself if i need the G2 powersupply, or just go for the 20$ cheaper GQ version. Heard the G2 version is a safer bet, higher quality and longer lasting? And also, the riser cable is for bling only, got it for free from a friend.

Are you using this for gaming or rendering? Also are you on a budget because if so and would like to upgrade the rest of your pc the i5-5600k unclocked is good for gaming but when overclocked can compete with an i7 for much cheaper.

That's a really excessive cooler for a non-k cpu. Saving with a single rad is a good idea, unless you forsee a CPU upgrade real soon. You still can't overclock without upgrade motherboard as well.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You do not need that 650w PSU either and if there are cheaper alternatives at around the 550-600 mark I'd downgrade.

The 'puter is meant for gaming and maybe some light rendering. I've already bought the cooler, GPU and motherboard on sale. The cooler is definitely overkill, but got if for cheaper than the 120mm version, so win-win i guess? Might switch out the motherboard for a Z-version and get the i7-8700k? That might end up in a gpu bottleneck tho. Reason i chose the i7 over the i5-5600k is because i'm not confident with having a overclocked cpu at all times, and the i7 is faster stock.

1 minute ago, Chickentandoori87 said:

The 'puter is meant for gaming and maybe some light rendering. I've already bought the cooler, GPU and motherboard on sale. The cooler is definitely overkill, but got if for cheaper than the 120mm version, so win-win i guess? Might switch out the motherboard for a Z-version and get the i7-8700k? That might end up in a gpu bottleneck tho. Reason i chose the i7 over the i5-5600k is because i'm not confident with having a overclocked cpu at all times, and the i7 is faster stock.

Agreed however if you want to save money and downgrade you can barely tell a difference when gaming.

7 minutes ago, Chickentandoori87 said:

That might end up in a gpu bottleneck tho. Reason i chose the i7 over the i5-5600k

Trust me that's nothing to worry about. Also, I think you mean 8600k.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You got a point there mate. The price difference between a Z-motherboard and a B-one kinda defeats the whole saving money thing though (Atleast where i live). Also, the 650W PSU is there for future proofing for any upgrades. The EVGA PSU's have 10 year warranty, so that definitely helps too.

3 minutes ago, Chickentandoori87 said:

Nope, meant the i5-5600k. Last part of reply was meant for kian. Sorry for not clarifying.

There is no 5600k, the previous comment was probably made in error.

Primary PC:

7 minutes ago, Chickentandoori87 said:

, the 650W PSU is there for future proofing for any upgrades. The EVGA PSU's have 10 year warranty, so that definitely helps too

And which systems can be run on a 650W but not on a 550W? Possibly SLI 1080 Tis. But any single GPU system can be run on 550W, unless it's an HEDT platform. 

:)

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

There is no 5600k, the previous comment was probably made in error.

Welp, guess you're right. No joke, always thought the i5-line was "5600". 

35 minutes ago, Chickentandoori87 said:

Build something like this....

It'll be way better....

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($36.40 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty H370 Performance ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($149.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.39 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.39 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card  ($654.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake -  View 71 TG RGB ATX Full Tower Case  ($165.49 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1596.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-15 18:16 EDT-0400

5 minutes ago, SHROUD said:

It'll be way better....

Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty H370 Performance ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($149.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.39 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.39 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card  ($654.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.88 @ OutletPC) 

He already purchased some parts. Check the posts to see which.

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, seon123 said:

And which systems can be run on a 650W but not on a 550W? Possibly SLI 1080 Tis. But any single GPU system can be run on 550W, unless it's an HEDT platform. 

The 650w version is literally cheaper than the 550w/500w versions, at least in my store. Think i'll take the 650w G3.

3 minutes ago, Chickentandoori87 said:

The 650w version is literally cheaper than the 550w/500w versions, at least in my store. Think i'll take the 650w G3.

Then don't get the G3. Unless you like loud PSUs that have issues with their protections. Each to their own, but personally, I prefer PSUs that aren't super loud, and that don't have issues with their protections. 

8 minutes ago, SHROUD said:

It'll be way better....

As said earlier, i've already purchased the GPU, motherboard and cooler. Regardless, that build would be far out. I live in northern Norway, and half of those parts are not even remotely available. Would never go for many of those anyways, looks sketchy. ASRock? ADATA? Cryorig? Never heard of any of them. Also, Seagate Barracuda? Nope. Thank you for the suggestion though, preciate it.

4 minutes ago, Chickentandoori87 said:

As said earlier, i've already purchased the GPU, motherboard and cooler. Regardless, that build would be far out. I live in northern Norway, and half of those parts are not even remotely available. Would never go for many of those anyways, looks sketchy. ASRock? ADATA? Cryorig? Never heard of any of them. Also, Seagate Barracuda? Nope. Thank you for the suggestion though, preciate it.

Well they r some of the prominent brands here in US....

Anyways good luck with your build....

5 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Then don't get the G3. Unless you like loud PSUs that have issues with their protections. Each to their own, but personally, I prefer PSUs that aren't super loud, and that don't have issues with their protections. 

Could you elaborate? I've read very good reviews about the G3, and the fan-noise problem seems to be resolved, according to the recent reviews.

Just now, Chickentandoori87 said:

Could you elaborate? I've read very good reviews about the G3, and the fan-noise problem seems to be resolved, according to the recent reviews.

What recent reviews? The G3 presumably needs a lot of airflow, since all of the versions run the fan silly fast. 

Here's actual testing. 

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=database&manfID=36&volts=1

And the OTP and OPP is set way too high. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-g3-psu,5533-6.html

Since you're in Norway, get the RMx. The 550-750W version cost nearly the same as each other, for whatever reason. 

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

What recent reviews? The G3 presumably needs a lot of airflow, since all of the versions run the fan silly fast. 

Here's actual testing. 

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=database&manfID=36&volts=1

And the OTP and OPP is set way too high. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-g3-psu,5533-6.html

Since you're in Norway, get the RMx. The 550-750W version cost nearly the same as each other, for whatever reason. 

Thank you. I'll look into Corsair's RMx-series. Are the Cooler Master PSU's shite? Never heard anybody actually recommend them.

4 minutes ago, Chickentandoori87 said:

Thank you. I'll look into Corsair's RMx-series. Are the Cooler Master PSU's shite? Never heard anybody actually recommend them.

Depends on which one you're looking at. The V series and MIJ (and the yet to launch Masterwatt V) are good, and the Masterwatt is a good budget unit. The rest are pretty crap. 

17 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Depends on which one you're looking at. The V series and MIJ (and the yet to launch Masterwatt V) are good, and the Masterwatt is a good budget unit. The rest are pretty crap. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Chickentandoori87 said:

53 minutes ago, SHROUD said:

He hasn't mentioned what parts he has purchased.

Kindly read the post again

Primary PC: