Best DSLR for occasional use

iwant.luffy

I'm planning to buy a DSLR but i'm just gonna use it for occasional and travel. I'm looking for the best budget DSLR for beginner.....

Aaaand i like portraits haha probably gonna buy 50mm

Get a Canon 800d if its within your budget, if not, look for a used one.

If that is still too expensive, look at the nikon d3400. But the Canon is by far the better camera

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

If you are set on getting a DSLR (a camera with a mirror), then the 800d and d3400 are great choices, but these days, mirror-less is really taking over the mid range market, and the WYSIWYG with an electronic viewfinder is a nice touch for beginners. Mirrorless cameras can also be a little smaller, but there isn't a huge difference.

I would push you toward the X-T20 or X-T100. They are both great cameras, and Fuji's film simulations are a nice bonus for beginners. Note that the X-T100 is hot garbage for video, with 4K limited to 15fps.

3 hours ago, Bustapalapeno said:

If you are set on getting a DSLR (a camera with a mirror), then the 800d and d3400 are great choices, but these days, mirror-less is really taking over the mid range market, and the WYSIWYG with an electronic viewfinder is a nice touch for beginners. Mirrorless cameras can also be a little smaller, but there isn't a huge difference.

I would push you toward the X-T20 or X-T100. They are both great cameras, and Fuji's film simulations are a nice bonus for beginners. Note that the X-T100 is hot garbage hfor video, with 4K limited to 15fps.

The guy's looking for an all round camera, even if they were to record video, they probably wouldn't use 4k.  For the average consumer, these are non issues.

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/