Should I upgrade to free "Windows 10 Education"?

Phil9943

My school is offering free copies of Windows 10 Education. I've never heard of this version of windows. Should I take it? Will it do anything weird to my computer or affect gaming performance?

Thanks for any help

You can view this comparison chart to see what the Education version offers. Appears to be quite a robust offering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions#Comparison_chart

Which version of Windows do you currently have?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Phil9943 said:

I'm unactivated :D

Take it.

Worst case scenario is you uninstall it and go back to unactivated Windows 10 Home/Pro.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Take it.

Worst case scenario is you uninstall it and go back to unactivated Windows 10 Home/Pro.

Aight thanks man

19 minutes ago, Phil9943 said:

Aight thanks man

Can u get an extra code for me hahaha.
Too broke after buying a few rtx cards.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

38 minutes ago, Phil9943 said:

My school is offering free copies of Windows 10 Education. I've never heard of this version of windows. Should I take it? Will it do anything weird to my computer or affect gaming performance?

Thanks for any help

Get it. It's as good as Pro.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, mikedrewsmy said:

Can u get an extra code for me hahaha.
Too broke after buying a few rtx cards.

I would but the client that you use to download it links the number of times you download to your organization-given email address, and you can only download once per email.

I'd definitely sell them for like $2 each if I could tho that'd be dope

6 minutes ago, Phil9943 said:

I would but the client that you use to download it links the number of times you download to your organization-given email address, and you can only download once per email.

I'm not sure, but I imagine the activation code will be tied to your .edu email address.

21 minutes ago, Phil9943 said:

Nah you don't have to. I was just kidding. 

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

This is what I've been using. It does NOT affect gaming performance in any way. It has some cool extra features that Win10 Home doesn't have, like Bitlocker, Hyper-V, and Windows to Go.