Free Games (For Free) Update

JZStudios

Just want a bit of a notification thread to share with people about games that are currently free for a limited. Starting with: Humble Monthly trove is doing a "special" giveaway!

Currently the free games include:

• Alan Wakes American Nightmare (Standalone DLC for Alan Wake)
  • Limbo
  • Uurnog
  • Fortune 499
  • Tiny Echo
  • Cat Girl
  • Drawkanoid
  • THOR.N

Limited time offer that expires on 9/16

If anyone else gets any free game deals/notifications, please share them in this thread, I'll keep it updated whenever I get notifications.

Edit*

Instead of making new posts I'm just going to add any new free games here.

Distraint DRM-free free on GOG.com until Jan. 25

Jackbox Party Pack free on Epic Store until Feb 7th.

Deponia The Complete Journey free on Humble until Jan 26th.

#Muricaparrotgang

Just to make it completely clear, the humble trove is normally only available to active humble monthly bundle subscribers, but they do open up some of the available game to everyone.

Also, these games won't be added to your humble account and you have to keep the installers that you download to be able to keep the games since you can't redownload them once access to those games in the trove are locked back to bundle subscribers only.

19 minutes ago, demonix00 said:

Just to make it completely clear, the humble trove is normally only available to active humble monthly bundle subscribers, but they do open up some of the available game to everyone.

Also, these games won't be added to your humble account and you have to keep the installers that you download to be able to keep the games since you can't redownload them once access to those games in the trove are locked back to bundle subscribers only.

Huh. Well the only ones really worth a damn frankly are Alan Wake and Limbo, which I think go through Steam. Or maybe Gog.

#Muricaparrotgang

21 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Free Games (For Free)

Hmm, not sure if I can afford any new games at the moment. Are they free? :D

21 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Alan Wakes American Nightmare (Standalone DLC for Alan Wake)

Didn't they remove Alan Wake from sale due to some music licensing issues? Maybe the standalone DLC wasn't affected?

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/alan-wakeis-disappearing-from-steam-and-xbox-live-because-the-future-is-weird/

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Hmm, not sure if I can afford any new games at the moment. Are they free? :D

Didn't they remove Alan Wake from sale due to some music licensing issues? Maybe the standalone DLC wasn't affected?

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/alan-wakeis-disappearing-from-steam-and-xbox-live-because-the-future-is-weird/

Must've been the base game. Forgot that got removed. Wonder what the music license was since I think it was only Poets of the Fall, who did a song for the game. But they might've put in a standard song as well.

Though what is odd is that the DLC for sure has a song that isn't made for the game.

Also, in my book once a game gets removed from sale/store shelves is the point that I look across the bay. Don't know how else you're supposed to acquire them afterwards.

#Muricaparrotgang

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Gog.com currently has Shadow Warrior 2 for free during their 10th anniversary sale.

I love old-school FPS games. Simple gameplay, fun maps and simple UIs.

Knowing this, and being a stickler for memories of when I was a young gamer, I bought Shadow Warrior 2 upon release.

Within the first 10-15 minutes of gameplay, I was confronted with what's in the screenshots below.

What the hell have they done? I mean, check out the third screenshot! They've turned it into a game for RPG nerds.

I then went into the control settings and saw: Healing Flame, Vanish, Chi-Blast, Grip of Darkness, Shadow Fury etc.

It's just too complicated now.

Such a shame that they had to ruin such a fun, simple series.

I actually much prefer Duke Nukem Forever due to its simplicity and fun level design. Fun multiplayer, too.

eb_sw2crap-1.jpg

eb_sw2crap-2.jpg

eb_sw2crap-3.jpg

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Gog.com currently has Shadow Warrior 2 for free during their 10th anniversary sale.

Wow, thanks for this. I was planning to play that game. :)

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

if you think about it... any game is free if you know where to look ?

FBI OPEN UP

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Oh I'm from a poor Eastern European country. I know all about free games. ;) 

Still prefer to have legit ones, though, if for no other reason than that I don't need to fill up my hard drives with installation files.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

1 hour ago, Giganthrax said:

if for no other reason than that I don't need to fill up my hard drives with installation files.

Once they're installed, you can simply delete the installation files.

55 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Once they're installed, you can simply delete the installation files.

But then I would have a bunch of installations of games I don't have time to play that take even more space on my hard drive than the installation files. 

Also, I really love the Steam overlay and the ability to see exactly how many hours I played. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

Just now, A Random Dude said:

That's what multiple 3TB HDD's are for. And if you don't plan to invest time into a game, why install it in the first place?

Why do you need to know how many hours you've put into a game?

You're being purposefully confrontational.

Leave him be.

41 minutes ago, Giganthrax said:

But then I would have a bunch of installations of games I don't have time to play that take even more space on my hard drive than the installation files.

EDIT: This is where multiple 3TB HDD's come in handy.

41 minutes ago, Giganthrax said:

Also, I really love the Steam overlay and the ability to see exactly how many hours I played. 

Fantastic. Knowing how many hours you've invested into a game can also come in handy.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, asus killer said:

the crew2 free weekend to play on steam or origin

subnautica is (should be soon) free to keep on epic store 

The Crew 2 has a free weekend on Steam and Origin, but not uPlay?

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

The Crew 2 has a free weekend on Steam and Origin, but not uPlay?

my bad, it is uplay not origin

On 9/15/2018 at 3:50 PM, Spotty said:

On 9/15/2018 at 3:53 PM, JZStudios said:

Must've been the base game. Forgot that got removed. Wonder what the music license was since I think it was only Poets of the Fall, who did a song for the game. But they might've put in a standard song as well.

They were removed, but they're back now after Microsoft re-licensed the music for them. Good thing, too, because the first game is pretty much a masterpiece. I haven't played the American Nightmare DLC.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

They were removed, but they're back now after Microsoft re-licensed the music for them. Good thing, too, because the first game is pretty much a masterpiece. I haven't played the American Nightmare DLC.

Why would MS relicense? Even if they're still getting an amount of royalty from the game... assuming that they do on PC, I can't imagine sales were high enough.

#Muricaparrotgang

3 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Why would MS relicense? Even if they're still getting an amount of royalty from the game... assuming that they do on PC, I can't imagine sales were high enough.

I think it was to promote an upcoming TV show based on Alan Wake, and also to try to build some favour from the PC gaming community for the Windows Store.

An Alan Wake TV show is in the works

Maybe if the show is popular, an Alan Wake 2 will be made.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...