Rumor? nVidia RTX 2080 & 2080 Ti Reviewers Guide Leak? Lots of 4K

WMGroomAK
7 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

So about 40-45% without DLSS factored in.

• Won't be enough for people trying for strict P/L,... then again, no one in their right mind would go for top of the line GPUs when aiming at P/L, or expect the top end card to be as good P/L as lower tier cards. (no idea why people suddenly demand it tbh. never been that way)
  • Won't be enough for people that ignore all the added bells and whistles and just look at raster performance and price.
  • Will make people happy that factor in DLSS, or care about better-looking graphics.

So,... just as expected! Very happy here!

Feeling bad for those that just wanted more FPS and less price, but you can't always expect companies to do exactly what you want. 

Why should the price increase at all? It's not like that has happened consistently across all the top end cards across 6+ generations, I strongly object to the notion that it's newer or faster means increase in cost. There might be actual cost increases that justify some kind of increase this time due to how large the die is however a general no, the price should not increase on the top end card just because it's top end or new or faster. That is advocating for pricing that are in no way tied to actual cost of product and also for pricing runaway far above inflation.

Price is justified with cost not performance, I will allow for some performance cost weighting but price should always be grounded by costs.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Price is justified with cost not performance, I will allow for some performance cost weighting but price should always be grounded by costs.

Well, I may not have been clear enough then. I fully agree. 

This is no run of the mill general upgrade though. And 50% bigger die, is expensive, just like GDDR6.

Also, 2080 is only a little bit more expensive than 1080 at launch. Only the 2080ti really falls out of line here.

Most people want to ignore all the facts and just straight look at raster FPS and price.

For those folks I am sorry. This is not the product they wanted, not what they expected.

It also is not what I expected, but most definitely what I wanted! I was hoping to see RT by 2020/21 and kinda freaked out when I saw it included in the current Lineup.

Is it expensive (for an 80ti)? Yes. Very much so. But I could not care any less. Then again, I do use Tensor for work and will use DLSS for every game that supports it. And RT can't come soon enough, though I am fine with "only" Global Illumination. That one is the biggest for me.

Bottom line:

It is a whole different beast of GPU. Those only looking at the basic horses are missing out on so many things that make the value much higher.

Then again, if they don't care about the perks, they are simply out of luck for this generation. And I am honestly sad about that. Amazing tech like that should be enjoyed by everyone and not be limited to those with enough spare income. But it will come to the midrange cards soon. :-)

3 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

And RT can't come soon enough, though I am fine with "only" Global Illumination.

I couldn't care less about RT in gaming however I am definitely looking forward to seeing scientific models being built able to utilize these cores...  I can think of some geologic modelling that would probably benefit from using these, like ore deposit & oil well mapping and seismic surveying.

6 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

But it will come to the midrange cards soon. :-)

Well soon might be different for each person, for me I doubt it'll be soon but I don't consider mid range cards getting it in 20/21 soon ;).

I think we'll have to wait for the GTX 2080 and 2070 (possibly a Ti) to come out before we see the cost meet past generations. It only makes sense for them to release a new tech first to see who bites rather than release the new tech after people have purchased the current tech.  @leadeater

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

If the performance jump is 40+% on average going from 1080ti to 2080ti...I'll gladly keep my pre-order.  I am thinking that may be realistic at 3440x1440.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Well soon might be different for each person, for me I doubt it'll be soon but I don't consider mid range cards getting it in 20/21 soon ;).

I fully expect it to happen by next year. The 2020/21 figure was when I expected RT to POSSIBLY hit the market at all. NVidia made it happen quite a bit sooner.

Pushing Turing into 7nm process, there you go. Should be enough potential to cram 2080 (non ti) performance into a 300-350$ card.

At least with some more fine-tuning, which should totally be possible since it is a new tech. The old stuff has been mastered for the most part. Apart from a node shrink, we don't see any significant jumps anymore. For RT though,... so fine tuning + node shrink. It can happen. Sure hope it does!

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

Why would videocardz put their name on graphs assembled with other peoples data? 

Because they were itching to release some leaks for some time now, at least this is the impression I got from their twitter feed. Obviously they want everyone know it's them :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

26 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Pushing Turing into 7nm process, there you go.

I get the feeling 7nm for Nvidia will be 2020 though, if we're lucky it'll be early in the year but I'm not counting on it.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

I get the feeling 7nm for Nvidia will be 2020 though, if we're lucky it'll be early in the year but I'm not counting on it.

Leave me my optimism!

Did NVidia not say something about 7nm coming in 2019? Or did only AMD mention it?

Given, we will at the very earliest see it in 12 months for obvious reasons, so early 2020 may not be that far off either.

Still expect a pretty significant jump in mid-tier beefiness to make sure AMD stays down, even after releasing Navi.

2 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Leave me my optimism!

Did NVidia not say something about 7nm coming in 2019? Or did only AMD mention it?

Given, we will at the very earliest see it in 12 months for obvious reasons, so early 2020 may not be that far off either.

Still expect a pretty significant jump in mid-tier beefiness to make sure AMD stays down, even after releasing Navi.

Think that's AMD, pretty much basing my assessment on time frame on what a typical product cycle tends to be. Who knows current RTX cards could sell so much and be produced so quickly that enough could sell to justify a short product life cycle but I doubt there is production capability for that amount of sales in that sort of time period.

Maybe Nvidia could do a mid range card launch first next time and have xx60 7nm cards out for 3-6 months with current RTX 2080 performance, that might not be too insulting to RTX 2080/2080 Ti buyers.

I'm still wondering what unicorn dust they sprinkled in to the 20 series to make them outperform Pascal like this in non-HDR situations that also don't involve RTX or DLSS. Are they on an optimized 14nm node they are calling 12nm for marketing purposes or is it an actual 12nm node? (very doubtful) 

Either way it sounds like a stopgap to the real show at 7nm which is why I'm skipping.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

Image1.png.15e9b731da96201ebb3cff34fa979670.png

But seriously, those are some nice numbers. It is what I expected, the 2080 beating the 1080 Ti.

If true, It looks like, at max settings, the 2080 non-Ti is the card to get for 60fps 4K assured experience (granted these are avg fps, but if we go with that as  the big part of the game, than that is amazing)

7 hours ago, Arika S said:

Wouldn't surprise to to see a release a few months to a year down the track that will make the 20 series line up look like

RTX2080ti

GTX2080ti

RTX2080

GTX2080

RTX2070ti

GTX2070ti

RTX2070

GTX2070

GTX2060

GTX2050ti

GTX2050

given how many different variants of each card they like to make

2080ti will also not be the high end card, there will be some "titan" like version or versions

just wait review for 1 question :( 4k 144hz 2080ti ?

2950X +XSPC raystorm nero + EK PE 480 + XSPC 480 WHITE + DDC 3.2 18W + Enthoo Primo
X399 Zenith Extreme + 32GB 4x 8 3200 cas16 +
AORUS 1080TI WB + DELL UP316Q + Onkyo SE-U55sX + FSP 1KW
sm961 1tb + Intel 600P 1TB +Crucial MX300 750GB + WD BLACK 2TB

7 hours ago, leadeater said:

It won't be 2019. They have no reason to bring out consumer-level GPUs that early. We'll see the next Volta with HBM2 (or 3) in probably mid to late 2019, though.

2 hours ago, asus killer said:

2080ti will also not be the high end card, there will be some "titan" like version or versions

There is actually room for several Titan T variants, given how big the TU100 die is. The TU102's 2080 Ti takes up enough of the die that they won't release a Titan based off of it. They're going to have defective dies in large enough quantity to be worth selling the Titan T for 3K.

7 hours ago, Phentos said:

I'm still wondering what unicorn dust they sprinkled in to the 20 series to make them outperform Pascal like this in non-HDR situations that also don't involve RTX or DLSS. Are they on an optimized 14nm node they are calling 12nm for marketing purposes or is it an actual 12nm node? (very doubtful) 

Either way it sounds like a stopgap to the real show at 7nm which is why I'm skipping.

Memory bottlenecks and their version of Async Compute. It's the same reason that the RX Vega series trades where it does at 1440p and 4K compared to the 1070/1080 series.

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Image1.png.15e9b731da96201ebb3cff34fa979670.png

But seriously, those are some nice numbers. It is what I expected, the 2080 beating the 1080 Ti.

If true, It looks like, at max settings, the 2080 non-Ti is the card to get for 60fps 4K assured experience (granted these are avg fps, but if we go with that as  the big part of the game, than that is amazing)

The information given in this graphs looks like 2 things. 3 games where there are memory bottlenecks on the 1080 and 1 game (Rainbow 6 Siege) where it looks like Nvidia solved whatever the reason AMD's GPUs were faster on a per-tier basis. Likely down to Async.

At 1080p, I expect there to be a collection of Games where the 1080 Ti is faster, possibly by a bit, than the 2080. Higher the resolution goes, the different bottlenecks will effect things.Turing looks to have significant improvements over Pascal in the sub-systems, but the utter lack of any 1440p discussion isn't what I'd call a good thing from Nvidia's front.

From the leaked slides, the 2080 Ti comes in almost on the dot 25% faster than the 2080 in all 4 games. That probably tells us how they decided their settings differences.

Also, that seems really strange, unless the 2080 Ti is actually, still, quite memory bandwidth bottlenecked. Which it probably is, actually in gaming.

RTX is the new VR, it's a cash grab to secure funds for the next generation, except that this time there is no competition around so the consumer is fucked.

something does not add up  (edit: used the wrong pic at first)
image.png.7261f4286fe7f404fa2f5f902d05fcc6.png
56bbeb1abfa3dbbec56638c29fdfc4f23c9265a2db66a87d796c28c5073c5c06.png

Bildergebnis für thonking

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

6 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

something does not add up 

These are 2 different games.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones