Please help with AMD SenseMI

New Ryzen 7 build. Please help me make sense of what is going on with my system using SenseMI.

What I have:

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
  • G.Skill FlareX DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 8GBx2 CL14-14-14-34 1.35v
  • Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Radeon Vega 64
  • Samsung 500GB 860 EVO SSD
  • Seagate 4TB SSHD (ST4000DX001)
  • Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 800W
  • Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout
  • Asus VS247H-P
  • Logitech G502
  • Logitech G910
  • HyperX Cloud II

What I would like to do:

• I wish to have two partitions on the 4TB drive with the second half of it as a second drive letter (D:) for putting files on as a kind of backup without being part of the OS drive.
  • I want to have the full capacity of the 500GB SSD for use with the OS and general use along with the first half of the 4TB SSHD for those applications and games that are huge. (C: 2.5TB SenseMI; D: 2TB - end result)
  • I wish to have the benefits of how AMD SenseMI works - the speed of my SSD while it automatically moves data around between the SSD and SSHD depending on how often it's being used, etc.

Attached are screenshots of my Disk Management and of This PC to show the drives being shown along with the mess in Disk Management.

Did something go horribly wrong with my SenseMI setup? How can I achieve that I would like to do with this software and how can I fix this before going forward with adding my games, streaming software, etc.?
I really wish there was a good How-To for using this software. Please help me understand all that is going on here and being shown. I'm used to using Disk Management with physical drives and drive letters, etc.

*Mods: If this would be better in the Troubleshooting section, you can move it there. I was a little unsure where to ask about this.*

Disk Management.png

This PC.png

• 1 year later...

To conclude this topic and from what I have been able to tell. SenseMI was designed to be used with 256 GB SSD's or smaller because at that time they were the more cost effective solution to SSD storage for a main drive. In the case that I have a 512 GB SSD, there isn't much reason to even bother with SenseMI although I did want to test it out and play with it to see if there would have been any performance benefit from using it.

Bummer.

Hope this helps someone else out there!