Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjtierney02

this pc building guide that verge made is unbarable

oh god watching that first video hurt my soul so much those poor poor components lol!

pretty funny though. is that in response to a terrible build log or something?

5 minutes ago, Rethilgore said:

oh god watching that first video hurt my soul so much those poor poor components lol!

pretty funny though. is that in response to a terrible build log or something?

no, the first video is a legit build guide the Verge did and its been ripped apart by every tech tuber out there.. you want to watch a video debunking it.. watch this one:

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-38 3600mhz | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 2400mhz | Corsair RM550x (2018) | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 

Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Damn i just watched that Verge build guide. That has to be Satire right? Who would release that with a straight face and try to be serious! haha

1 minute ago, Rethilgore said:

Damn i just watched that Verge build guide. That has to be Satire right? Who would release that with a straight face and try to be serious! haha

I wondered the same thing. It's so bad that it has to be sincere. This is the movie "The Room" of computer building guilds 

16 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

no, the first video is a legit build guide the Verge did and its been ripped apart by every tech tuber out there.. you want to watch a video debunking it.. watch this one:

"My family in china, who made this product, cringing so hard right now"

The sec one made me cringe so hard.

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com
2 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

Everyday we stray further from god 

Fucking damn right. I've become an athesit from that video.

If anybody is that stupid then there lis literally no god.

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com
56 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

You're click bait. JK, just watch the second Video

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

33 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

Yuk.PNG

I'm Done.gif

The putting screws through the radiator without the fans on top of the radiator is a lot worse than putting a ton of paste on when the cooler had pre-applied thermal paste. xD

You can see in the video they either fixed it later or realized the screws damaged the radiator and used a different AIO cooler.

I can't find a topic about this in the news section, so thought I would give it a go. 

Unfortunately, the original video on YouTube from The Verge has since been deleted, (Mainly due to people reporting it for false information as it was labelled as a guide) It has, however, made it to Reddit, The written article, remains, with an explanation, sorta, 

How this video got past a team of people and sponsors is beyond me, and the Tech Community seem to have roasted the verge on all social media. Not to mention they seem to have lost a lot of credibility. I think this just reinforces the fact that, the tech community online, is pretty tight nit, and when you have your information, so wrong, be prepared for a wide backlash. 

There have been numerous response videos too. From some reputable (An opinion) Tech YouTubers. (GamersNexus even threw some shade in a recent video) 

I mean, the part that got me, was the Thermal Paste on top of Thermal Paste! And the "Yes, We got one" The way he said that in regards to the CPU, made me chuckle. I mean, I got one too! 

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/13/17828092/gaming-pc-build-custom-how-to-asus-intel-geforce-cost

Editor’s note: An earlier version of this article included a video guide detailing similar steps on how to build a PC. Unfortunately, that video included a number of errors in the build process, and as a result we have removed it from this article. We have also updated this article to improve the order of the steps in the process.

BUT WAIT! There's More! It seems this guy actually streams, and rather than taking the criticism, some of it constructive, a lot of it "YouTube Comments" [Nuff Said] He seemed to Alienate everyone and dismiss everyone with his seemingly arrogant views on the people he was delivering the video for. He Says "Some Very angry nerds, are angry with how I built the computer" 

https://clips.twitch.tv/SassyCovertAnteaterBudStar

Idk if it's still news at this point.

Besides, there's already an active post on the General Discussions forum.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.