this pc building guide that verge made is unbarable

jjtierney02
5 minutes ago, Rethilgore said:

oh god watching that first video hurt my soul so much those poor poor components lol!

pretty funny though. is that in response to a terrible build log or something?

no, the first video is a legit build guide the Verge did and its been ripped apart by every tech tuber out there.. you want to watch a video debunking it.. watch this one:

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Damn i just watched that Verge build guide. That has to be Satire right? Who would release that with a straight face and try to be serious! haha

1 minute ago, Rethilgore said:

Damn i just watched that Verge build guide. That has to be Satire right? Who would release that with a straight face and try to be serious! haha

I wondered the same thing. It's so bad that it has to be sincere. This is the movie "The Room" of computer building guilds 

image.jpeg.f84baf0f80c02c073904dc9bc1a83c64.jpeg

Too soon?

16 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

no, the first video is a legit build guide the Verge did and its been ripped apart by every tech tuber out there.. you want to watch a video debunking it.. watch this one:

"My family in china, who made this product, cringing so hard right now"

id love to see linus rage at the original video... itd be cOOOL

The sec one made me cringe so hard.

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

2 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

Everyday we stray further from god 

Fucking damn right. I've become an athesit from that video.

If anybody is that stupid then there lis literally no god.

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

56 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

You're click bait. JK, just watch the second Video

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

33 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

Yuk.PNG

I'm Done.gif

The putting screws through the radiator without the fans on top of the radiator is a lot worse than putting a ton of paste on when the cooler had pre-applied thermal paste. xD

You can see in the video they either fixed it later or realized the screws damaged the radiator and used a different AIO cooler.

dg04tsghs4m11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&s=5f4ccc2bc2fb6ca816802f087345d87a69733b1c

$2000 dollar build people. It's so beautifully built. Don't mind the missing screw for the cpu cooler mount.

3 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

$2000 dollar build people. It's so beautifully built. Don't mind the missing screw for the cpu cooler mount.

He can just download the screw for the cpu cooler mount later

I can't find a topic about this in the news section, so thought I would give it a go. 

Unfortunately, the original video on YouTube from The Verge has since been deleted, (Mainly due to people reporting it for false information as it was labelled as a guide) It has, however, made it to Reddit, The written article, remains, with an explanation, sorta, 

How this video got past a team of people and sponsors is beyond me, and the Tech Community seem to have roasted the verge on all social media. Not to mention they seem to have lost a lot of credibility. I think this just reinforces the fact that, the tech community online, is pretty tight nit, and when you have your information, so wrong, be prepared for a wide backlash. 

There have been numerous response videos too. From some reputable (An opinion) Tech YouTubers. (GamersNexus even threw some shade in a recent video) 

I mean, the part that got me, was the Thermal Paste on top of Thermal Paste! And the "Yes, We got one" The way he said that in regards to the CPU, made me chuckle. I mean, I got one too! 

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/13/17828092/gaming-pc-build-custom-how-to-asus-intel-geforce-cost

Editor’s note: An earlier version of this article included a video guide detailing similar steps on how to build a PC. Unfortunately, that video included a number of errors in the build process, and as a result we have removed it from this article. We have also updated this article to improve the order of the steps in the process.

BUT WAIT! There's More! It seems this guy actually streams, and rather than taking the criticism, some of it constructive, a lot of it "YouTube Comments" [Nuff Said] He seemed to Alienate everyone and dismiss everyone with his seemingly arrogant views on the people he was delivering the video for. He Says "Some Very angry nerds, are angry with how I built the computer" 

https://clips.twitch.tv/SassyCovertAnteaterBudStar

Idk if it's still news at this point.

Besides, there's already an active post on the General Discussions forum.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Yeah, but it wasn't in the news section, I think it's a really interesting topic, considering the size of the publication. 

Well, Yes, especially if someone hasn't seen it before. I'd say less than a week, is recent events. 

news
njuːz/
noun

1. newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent events.
    "I've got some good news for you"
    • a broadcast or published report of news.
      plural noun: the news
      "he was back in the news again"

• informal
      information not previously known to (someone).

So...

• Mounts RAM in a way that would be single-channel rather than dual-channel
  • Mounts the PSU backwards, blocking the fan
  • That thermal paste application looks messed up. It might work but you don't really have to do that to apply thermal paste
  • Him talking about PCI-e slots is just wrong
  • No mention of stress testing and such?

But you wanna know what's the biggest sin?

dg04tsghs4m11.thumb.jpg.a3e040a00fd30f76e7ce3408e3810c91.jpg
Christ, that's much worse cable management than my Windows XP desktop I had more than a decade ago, and that says a lot.

Also, he didn't need the CPU installer that came with the ASUS mobo. Just plop it in and lock it into place. Also, did he mix his own thermal compound with the pre-applied one? You don't do that. And 2666MHz RAM isn't fast. That's what Coffee Lake officially supports. 3000+MHz is considered superfast memory. 

So many other sins, but at least he put the I/O shield first.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

deflected to:

internet harrassement

feedback in bad faith

part of a campaign

attacks

racism

but it was "minor factual errors". They could cost some clueless viewers hundreds or thousands of dollars, so yep minor errors, little things.

And i guess the editorial standards are to post videos with 10, 20 errors with any prior check from the 7 or so people that have a name on the video, so we are good on this standards.

The funniest part is they claim they are happy to engage with the audiences but block feedback because it's negative, i guess you can only praise them.

And sure some idiot may have gone racist but this is the internet, you are just deflecting playing the race card, the point of the critics is the shit video you made.

What a disgrace. And what shocks me most is the inability to back track on this, just like the "just buy it" RTX fiasco.

The internet is a dangerous place for people to be clueless, because this morons with the power of the subscriptions, views and likes have no morals or decency :(   

As much as I laughed at this, we were all basically like that at one point. I wish I'd had LTT when I built my first computer. I made so many bad decisions based on Internet rumors.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440