this pc building guide that verge made is unbarable

jjtierney02

ahahahah lol

shifting blame to racism, this is just too much gold!

yo verge, just stick to macbooks for future videos, some people are just that incompatible with technology and there's nothing you can do to change that 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Spent $2000, doesn't have a damn Titan or Ti. 

Spent $2000, didn't do custom water cooling. 

Spent $2000, didn't get 32GB of RAM. 

$pent S2000, didn't get a bottle of JD Honey to keep himself company through this shit-storm. 

Spent $2000, didn't get a good sponsor for the video. Didn't even make an attempt to integrate the sponsor. "Hey! Capital One could support your PC build with 0% APR for 24 months if you apply at the link below!"

But he got an 8700k. And it's not like you can just walk into any Best Buy and pick one of those up. xD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

But he got an 8700k. And it's not like you can just walk into any Best Buy and pick one of those up. xD

But you can't, at least not ones with "INTEL CONFIDENTIAL" written on them xD

The whole video is a mockery and an insult to anyone who knows anything about building PCs.

5 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Spent $2000, doesn't have a damn Titan or Ti. 

Spent $2000, didn't do custom water cooling. 

To be fair, with $2000 you can have one or the other. I personally wouldn't be trying to fit custom LC in a $2000 PC - the threshold of performance upgrade possibility isn't met yet so before I spend $500-700 on custom LC components I'd rather get more powerful system in the first place.

Ugh, I have watched one Lyle video and now YT is pushing me about ten other unknown tech channels with 10k subs or so doing exactly the same thing.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

On 17/9/2018 at 6:38 AM, cartdog said:

I have been building gaming PC's for over 15yrs, none of which have failed, so I know a little bit about how it's done.

Having said that I don't see anything wrong with this build guide. Sure the terminology for certain parts isn't accurate, like the I/O shield being called a "brace", but none of what he has described or how to do it is going to kill your PC.

HAHAHAHA well I feel sorry for your buildings if you say that , just looking at that psu if you saying that is not going to kill that pc well .... over 15 years you wont see a psu fault? , psu's fault because of power spikes on the electric.net and heat, and guess what happens when u put a fan just in the opposite zone that you should had mounted?. That is a common mistake if you have 1 year maybe 2 mounting pc's , but  with 15 years? , you just played urself dude,  radiator + bad screws = kill , psu with blocked fan(if its a tier 4 or lower i bet that would be 100% kill on 2-3 years)

I use to help people and build friends pc's and help random people to build his pc, but allways I have the same fear that I can brick anyones investment , this is just the opposite , I've studied an IT career , I work on IT repairing computers, and never that fear goes off completely, saying those things or doing that video offend me and another IT that has some respect for someones else's hard earned money.

Sometimes we can go troll (Sometimes not all mobo screws needs to go in :P , sometimes a ziptie can do the work of a screw.....) but thats not the norm, and making a how to video should be almost perfect on the basis (there are people that likes more to mount his pc on the mobo cardboard , a la Linus, I prefer to mount first on the case... , that is not this video) 

and I'm a mess with organization but there's a need of some cable management, its not for aesthetic,  people can say  that cables doesnt build dust , but loose cables + fans = cable hitting the fan , and thats another potential risk of damagin new components.

TDLR : That is how I build a 10$ computer not how to build a 2000$ one. (And I never will put a psu on the wrong side and let that on the public video omg....., if its a tier 1-3 it can be ok but if its a tier 4-7 like the majority of  people that see a how to video, that is going to brick that psu 100%)

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

I found this forum because of this topic. I never saw the original video. I joined the forum to see what people are saying. It is all quite funny but I think the most hilarious part was where they guy thinks people are planning on playing BF5. Makes me wonder what their real audience is. I understand the Verge is part of Vox who themselves publishe a lot of hyper-partisan trash.

5 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

shifting blame to racism, this is just too much gold!

yes this is what caught my attention. The Verge is practically Vox who publishes a lot of racially-themed clickbait. If I'm going to be conspiracy theoretical I would say they intentionally did this bad so can bank on more click-baity trash. Clicks are their gold.

15 hours ago, leadeater said:

Running Windows not activated hence you did not purchase it is illegal. 

How many people stopped using WinRar because of that?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

8 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

And when did it stop becoming illegal when people kept using it....

Plus 7zip is better

I watched this video yesterday and cringed so hard what do you mean anti-static wrist bracelet lol

6 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

Ugh, I have watched one Lyle video and now YT is pushing me about ten other unknown tech channels with 10k subs or so doing exactly the same thing.

Gotta love them YouTube algorithms! lol ...smh 

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

Did anyone download the video? or have a mirror for the lulz?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

1 hour ago, MandoPanda said:

Did anyone download the video? or have a mirror for the lulz?

Never seen someone so willing to contract cancer before

Lmao they took down the mirrors on copyright grounds.

Did you see his reply, he called his critics, "nerds", because that's apparently still an insult in 2018.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

15 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

I bought my license for WinRAR.....

15 hours ago, leadeater said:

Plus 7zip is better

WinRAR has some advantages over 7Zip.  For example, if I want to extract multiple archives at once, but put them each under their own newly created directory; I can't do that with 7Zip, but I can with WinRAR.  It handles batch processing much better.

26 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I bought my license for WinRAR.....

WinRAR has some advantages over 7Zip.  For example, if I want to extract multiple archives at once, but put them each under their own newly created directory; I can't do that with 7Zip, but I can with WinRAR.  It handles batch processing much better.

Wait, not sure I understand this but doesn't 'Extract to "*\"' do exactly that?

image.png.93886229f143190fb993467c1a8b1636.png

27 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I do that using the explorer plugin and extract to folder with name of archive option, can spawn off as many as I want.

Has everyone not noticed that the title says "is unbarable"? As in totally legit and shouldn't be discredited.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

37 minutes ago, JuNex03 said:

Wait, not sure I understand this but doesn't 'Extract to "*\"' do exactly that?

Spoiler

image.png.93886229f143190fb993467c1a8b1636.png

Nope, that extracts the contents out in the current directory.  Which is fine if the archive contains another directory within it, but if there's a bunch of loose files, then you want to create a new directory to dump those loose files into.  WinRAR can create a new directory for each archive with multiple archives selected at once.  It's not the only reason I use it (though I do have 7Zip installed as well), but it's one feature I do actually use fairly often.

5ba31cd7cfd9e_WinRARbatchextract.png.ba4ecb3e7caf9e27cccf8a309259c35a.png

*EDIT*
Oops, missed @leadeater's post

35 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I do that using the explorer plugin and extract to folder with name of archive option, can spawn off as many as I want.

But with 7Zip, you have to do each archive one at a time.  With WinRAR, I can highlight as many archives as I want, and create new directories for each archive in bulk.

31 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Nope, that extracts the contents out in the current directory.  Which is fine if the archive contains another directory within it, but if there's a bunch of loose files, then you want to create a new directory to dump those loose files into.  WinRAR can create a new directory for each archive with multiple archives selected at once.  It's not the only reason I use it (though I do have 7Zip installed as well), but it's one feature I do actually use fairly often.

5ba31cd7cfd9e_WinRARbatchextract.png.ba4ecb3e7caf9e27cccf8a309259c35a.png

*EDIT*
Oops, missed @leadeater's post

But with 7Zip, you have to do each archive one at a time.  With WinRAR, I can highlight as many archives as I want, and create new directories for each archive in bulk.

It extracts it like this:

image.png.7c2b15767c7d4a27420f8527f72380e3.png

Not really sure what's in WinRAR now though, its been so looooong since I used it.

49 minutes ago, JuNex03 said:

It extracts it like this:

Spoiler

image.png.7c2b15767c7d4a27420f8527f72380e3.png

Not really sure what's in WinRAR now though, its been so looooong since I used it.

Actually, you are correct and I apparently must have missed that.  However, there seems to be a flaw in the way 7Zip does it (at least with certain archives).  I couldn't replicate it with every archive, but when I tested with some RAR SFX files that were virtually identical, it dumped everything into a directory titled "[0]~" and asked me what to do with the "duplicates".  In any event, I stand corrected on 7Zip and extracting multiple archives, though I'll probably still stick to WinRAR for the foreseeable future.

5ba32f9d81e6e_7Ziperror.JPG.c8ffd39a7cea763f6752e4f765a3d042.JPG

On 9/19/2018 at 10:02 PM, leadeater said:

Plus 7zip is better

That's the most controversial comment in this thread...and I agree 100%

Image result for grin gif