New to consoles. [PS3]

KieuVanQuan

I'm buying a PS3 in 1 or 2 weeks.

I'm new to consoles. I'm 24 years old and I've never touched a controller in my entire life. I'm a console virgin. So I need to gather some information to make sure I don't get caught up in uh...bullshit! Like I mostly do...

1.) I've heard ridiculous things such as "PSN Plus" aka paid subscription, which is present in PS4. It means you've got to pay a certain monthly fee in order to be able to play games online. And then there's micro-transactions. And obviously you have to buy the base game itself and probably DLC's too so yeah gamers are being milked hard. So my question is, is this like that in PS3 too? Today, in 2018? 

2.) The only game I'm planning to play is GTA V Online and GTA V Singleplayer. Of course I'll buy the game itself for PS3 but will I have to pay a fee just to play online? I need a definite answer: yes or no - don't say maybe; I need someone that's still playing GTA Online on last gen today, at the end of 2018. I must make sure coz I'm a brokeboy I can't afford to pay monthly fees as of right now I've got a shitty job maybe if I get a raise.

In other words, 

Is it completely free to play 'GTA V: Online' on PS3?

3.) Since I only got money for a used ps3 (used one but in good condition), how do I make sure the one I'm buying isn't jailbroken (hacked, modified, altered)? Coz as far as I know it results in a ban. 

4.) Is it worth buying a 12GB Super Slim and then replacing the 12GB HDD with a 250+ GB SSD? (Don't say it's not worth buying an SSD in it because I know that. I've got a perfectly functioning SSD in my house that I'm not using for anything so it's basically free real estate for me.)

5.) How do I connect speakers to PS3?

6.) Isn't it extremely uncomfortable to aim with controllers? Like how do you even give headshots? 

Thanks!

CPU i5-4460 @ 3.2 ghzMotherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7RAM 32gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhzGPU GTX-750 TICase Carbide 400R | SSD Plextor M8Pe(Y) 256gb NVME | SSHD Barracuda 1TB PSU CX430Display LG 29UM55-P Ultrawide | Keyboard Trust 3-way LEDMouse Razer Death Adder V2 Left Handed | Speakers Genius SW-HF 5.1 6000Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO | Sound Card Xonar Essence STXIIOS Windows 8.1 x64 Professional, build 9600 | Theme(s) Windows 7, Vista & Aero from DeviantArt

1. - Yes there are games that are pretty sold as incomplete and have the OPTION to buy extra content here in 2018.

2. - Yes you need to pay to play ONLINE. You don't have to play online though to play games. PS access to online is like 60 bucks a year. Around 35-45 during Black Friday for a PS code.

3. - Just ask him to turn it on in front of you and see how it is. Watch some Youtube videos about PS3 startup and default everything. See if the guy can factory reset it for you.

- 4. I wouldn't know honestly so I won't lie to you.

5. - There are multiple ways, google it :D

6. - Actually it's very easy to shoot in FPS games with a ps3 controller. 

6 minutes ago, DVA said:

1. - Yes there are games that are pretty sold as incomplete and have the OPTION to buy extra content here in 2018.

2. - Yes you need to pay to play ONLINE. You don't have to play online though to play games. PS access to online is like 60 bucks a year. Around 35-45 during Black Friday for a PS code.

3. - Just ask him to turn it on in front of you and see how it is. Watch some Youtube videos about PS3 startup and default everything. See if the guy can factory reset it for you.

- 4. I wouldn't know honestly so I won't lie to you.

5. - There are multiple ways, google it :D

6. - Actually it's very easy to shoot in FPS games with a ps3 controller. 

Are you 100% sure GTA Online isn't free on ps3? Because some people said you don't need PSN Plus subscription to play gta online. God.

CPU i5-4460 @ 3.2 ghzMotherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7RAM 32gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhzGPU GTX-750 TICase Carbide 400R | SSD Plextor M8Pe(Y) 256gb NVME | SSHD Barracuda 1TB PSU CX430Display LG 29UM55-P Ultrawide | Keyboard Trust 3-way LEDMouse Razer Death Adder V2 Left Handed | Speakers Genius SW-HF 5.1 6000Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO | Sound Card Xonar Essence STXIIOS Windows 8.1 x64 Professional, build 9600 | Theme(s) Windows 7, Vista & Aero from DeviantArt

20 minutes ago, KieuVanQuan said:

Are you 100% sure GTA Online isn't free on ps3? Because some people said you don't need PSN Plus subscription to play gta online. God.

After taking a little bit of time to read, I'm stumped now too.

How about this: Just buy it and play gta. If you can't access than now you need to buy PS plus. It's 60 bucks for the ENTIRE year. It's even cheaper if you buy it during Black Friday or Cyber Monday. 

1 hour ago, KieuVanQuan said:

GTA Online is the multiplayer mode for GTA V so you would need to buy the game to play it. Playing online is free on the PS3. They changed it with the PS4 in that you need a subscription to play online but they do incentivize you by offering free monthly games and discounts with the subscription.

15 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

GTA Online is the multiplayer mode for GTA V so you would need to buy the game to play it. Playing online is free on the PS3. They changed it with the PS4 in that you need a subscription to play online but they do incentivize you by offering free monthly games and discounts with the subscription.

Do you have GTA Online on ps3? Have you recently played it? BTW thanks for the info I guess

18 minutes ago, KieuVanQuan said:

Do you have GTA Online on ps3? Have you recently played it? BTW thanks for the info I guess

I used to play it years ago. Unfortunately, I don't have the game anymore but as far as I know they have not changed anything with regards to online playability on the PS3.