Robslav

I need help

6 minutes ago, Robslav said:

I need a suggestion for a good gtx 1080ti looks nice but also performing great and lasting for years my budget is 2000 but can be extended because of selling old computer. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kd2XMZ

Gigabyte AORUS makes a black one and a white one, both look good.  Great cooling on them as well.

But honestly any aftermarket 1080Ti is going to rock.  Grab one you like the looks of, they all have 3 year warranties for the most part too.

i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 860 EVO 1TB M.2 + Toshiba P300 3TB - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" Ultrawide - Logitech G910, G502, G933, Z5300

13 minutes ago, Andrew.Schickowski said:

Strix or Msi gaming x should be good

I advise not taking MSI cards as of now. GIGABYTE or ASUS is a good pick

Motherboard: MSI BM250-PRO-VD                       HDD: 1TB 7200RPM                            Mouse: Steel series Rival 500
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700                             CaseFans: 3 140mm                           Monitor:  LG 24 144hz 1ms
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080                    PSU: 620W Gold+                             Phone: Nokia 7 plus
RAM: DDR4 8GB 2133MHz                               Case: Black

I have really good experience with Zotac's amp extreme edition of 1080Tis and they are beast. My office bought multiple of these and they are always under full load as a lot of data science services (training with Cuda cores) are running on them.

It has been over a year and we have found zero issues regarding it.

4 minutes ago, voiha said:

I advise not taking MSI cards as of now. GIGABYTE or ASUS is a good pick

Why not? MSI makes some fine products.

I have heard lately that their gpu's have been made cheaply. Is that why you say this?

3 minutes ago, DVA said:

I have heard lately that their gpu's have been made cheaply. Is that why you say this?

Yes their motherboards are fine but as of graphics cards there's better options for almost the same price. A friend of mine has MSI GTX 1080 and his temps are a bit higher than mine - I have Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming. 

Motherboard: MSI BM250-PRO-VD                       HDD: 1TB 7200RPM                            Mouse: Steel series Rival 500
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700                             CaseFans: 3 140mm                           Monitor:  LG 24 144hz 1ms
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080                    PSU: 620W Gold+                             Phone: Nokia 7 plus
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, DVA said:

6 minutes ago, Drunk.EU said:

I have really good experience with Zotac's amp extreme edition of 1080Tis and they are beast. My office bought multiple of these and they are always under full load as a lot of data science services (training with Cuda cores) are running on them.

It has been over a year and we have found zero issues regarding it.

I would quite like an amp extreme tho one with a higher clock speed is cheaper than the more expensive one?

Just now, voiha said:

Yes their motherboards are fine but as of graphics cards there's better options for almost the same price. A friend of mine has MSI GTX 1080 and his temps are a bit higher than mine - I have Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming. 

How do you like your Gigabyte? I always get skeptical about buying their products because they're usually the lower priced ones. I always see the lower price battle between them and Zotac.

12 minutes ago, DVA said:

How do you like your Gigabyte? I always get skeptical about buying their products because they're usually the lower priced ones. I always see the lower price battle between them and Zotac.

I don't have problems with it for now - but I havent OC'ed nothing more than putting it in "OC mode from the software". It's really quiet when you don't push it a lot.

It has one problem when fans start working higher than 60% (Which only happens when playing a really demanding game like AC:Origins), it has a little buzzing sound which can be easily fixed by pushing the card a bit higher - I guess it's bad design or could be my fault dunno. I don't really hear it tho, because I use headphones.

Other than that is solid 8/10. 8 because I don't like the software, it's terrible - and sometimes the RGB is tricky to use.

Are you going to be only gaming with the PC? or you have a legit use for 32gb of memory and a 1000w PSU?

Also if you really are planning on 240hz gaming you should really reconsider this Ryzen and go with the i7 8700K (or wait next month's release of the i7 9700K / i9 9900K).

Furthermore you might even manage to fit a RTX 2080 Ti in this build already if you also wait till next month and do some money management.

Personal Use Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i7 8700 @4.4ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212x |~| MOBOGigabyte Z370 D3H mATX |~| RAM: 16gb G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200mhzCL16 |~| GPU: EVGA FE Geforce GTX 1080 Ti |~| Boot: 480GB SSD SanDisk G26 |~| Storage: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm  + (2x 480gb) 1TB SSD SanDisk G26 |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 2017 80Plus Gold |~| Display: LG 29UM69-G 2560x1080p100hz |~| Case: CoolerMaster Case Pro 3 OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Workstation Rig(My brother's, I use it too [:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X @4.1ghz |~| Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 |~| MOBO: Asus X370 Prime-Pro |~| RAM: 64gb DDR4 3200mhzCL16 Corsair Vengeance LPX |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V |~| PSU: Corsair RM850x 80Plus Gold |~| Boot: 500gb Samsung EVO 850 |~| Storage: 3x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda |~| Display Setup: Acer X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
10 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Are you going to be only gaming with the PC? or you have a legit use for 32gb of memory and a 1000w PSU?

Also if you really are planning on 240hz gaming you should really reconsider this Ryzen and go with the i7 8700K (or wait next month's release of the i7 9700K / i9 9900K).

Furthermore you might even manage to fit a RTX 2080 Ti in this build already if you also wait till next month and do some money management.

If he dropped down that 240 hz monitor he'd definitely have a nice chunk of change left. I personally don't feel like I'd max out the benefit of having a 240hz screen. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

Another couple of questions, would Corsair platinum be good? Do I need 32gb should I get coffee lake or wait for the "refresh" also I am considering the 2080 but not the founders I love the 9 series and 10 series look but rtx looks (in my opinion bad) so I might wait for the pro amp or an msi gaming x