Help first build ever

This is my first ever build and while I have these following parts: 

Ballistic sport 4 GB DDR 3 form factor at UDIMM

Radeon XFX graphics card R7-260X-CNF4

AMD FD8320FRHKBOX FX-8320 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor

I still need the follow: a case, one more stick of ram, a motherboard, some form of cooling, and a power supply. 
While I have the case, ram, and motherboard on amazonFAB1B49D-F18D-413F-9962-D6894AB2BFB2.thumb.png.8574805385004e7c24c80a6826cd5183.pngI would still like help making sure they fit the parts I already have. And I have no idea where to start for the power supply. 
Thanks for the help and sorry for the bad grammar and spelling.

3 minutes ago, Budddy27 said:

This is my first ever build and while I have these following parts: 

Ballistic sport 4 GB DDR 3 form factor at UDIMM

Radeon XFX graphics card R7-260X-CNF4

AMD FD8320FRHKBOX FX-8320 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor

I still need the follow: a case, one more stick of ram, a motherboard, some form of cooling, and a power supply. 
While I have the case, ram, and motherboard on amazonFAB1B49D-F18D-413F-9962-D6894AB2BFB2.thumb.png.8574805385004e7c24c80a6826cd5183.pngI would still like help making sure they fit the parts I already have. And I have no idea where to start for the power supply. 
Thanks for the help and sorry for the bad grammar and spelling.

Do u already have these parts or r u planning to upgrade them??

Well, am3+ is an ancient platform ND fx 8xxx series chips run hot.

Instead I'd suggest u to buy a cheapo optiplex with a 3rd/4th gen i5/i7 ND pop in a GPU. I'll be a much better investment.

Are you building this new? The fx cpus are seriously out to date; you can much faster cpus for cheaper these days.

What's your total budget? I can make a list for you.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

9 minutes ago, SHROUD said:

Do u already have these parts or r u planning to upgrade them??

Well, am3+ is an ancient platform ND fx 8xxx series chips run hot.

Instead I'd suggest u to buy a cheapo optiplex with a 3rd/4th gen i5/i7 ND pop in a GPU. I'll be a much better investment.

I seriously thank you for the help buuuuut I’m also I newbie to this and half of what you just said just flew right over my head could you brake it down. All the parts in the picture are the parts I am looking to buy. I have the mad processor, one stick of 4gb ddr3 ram and the Radeon gpu. Sorry for being a pain.

7 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Are you building this new? The fx cpus are seriously out to date; you can much faster cpus for cheaper these days.

What's your total budget? I can make a list for you.

@DocSwag The parts that I already have where given to me by a cousin from his old build that’s how I have them. As far as by budget I’m not too sure because I’m 15 and trying to save for a car. Any list would be great so I could get an idea of prices and parts. This hole build might have to wait till I turn 16 and get a good paying job.

3 minutes ago, Budddy27 said:

I seriously thank you for the help buuuuut I’m also I newbie to this and half of what you just said just flew right over my head could you brake it down. All the parts in the picture are the parts I am looking to buy. I have the mad processor, one stick of 4gb ddr3 ram and the Radeon gpu. Sorry for being a pain.

I'd suggest u to sell ur processor ND gpu.

And purchase a Dell optiplex with an i7 3rd/4th gen fr about $220-250 and pop in that extra stick of ram that u hv in it.

Purchase a new/used GPU like a gtx 1050ti/960/770/780 fr cheap ND pop it in. ND u'll hv a decent gaming system.

Happen to have any mom and pop pc shops around? They'll usually lower prices even lower and throw in a power supply if they see how you're so young.

I agree with Shroud, as those components are really out-dated and probably won't play many of the games you want to play. 

Time to do the good old, mowing lawns and doing chores for some money. 

The PC will be well worth the effort :D

2 minutes ago, Budddy27 said:

The parts that I already have where given to me by a cousin from his old build that’s how I have them. As far as by budget I’m not too sure because I’m 15 and trying to save for a car. Any list would be great so I could get an idea of prices and parts. This hole build might have to wait till I turn 16 and get a good paying job.

I see. If that's the case, I'd recommend you sell the stuff you're getting and then either look at the used market or buy an APU based build such as this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($98.89 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill - Galaxy-03 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $258.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-14 09:32 EDT-0400

If you're not buying yet though you should hold off. New stuff might come out or maybe during black Friday there could be some good deals.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, SHROUD said:

I'd suggest u to sell ur processor ND gpu.

And purchase a Dell optiplex with an i7 3rd/4th gen fr about $220-250 and pop in that extra stick of ram that u hv in it.

Purchase a new/used GPU like a gtx 1050ti/960/770/780 fr cheap ND pop it in. ND u'll hv a decent gaming system.

Ok thanks will try to sell them what price would your recommend since they are old and used?

7 minutes ago, DVA said:

Happen to have any mom and pop pc shops around? They'll usually lower prices even lower and throw in a power supply if they see how you're so young.

I agree with Shroud, as those components are really out-dated and probably won't play many of the games you want to play. 

Time to do the good old, mowing lawns and doing chores for some money. 

The PC will be well worth the effort :D

Haha that’s my job right now is mowing lawns. 15 dollars a lawn and an average of 3 lawns a week, it’s good money for my age but not for regularly buying expensive things like this. ?

Well I tell you what, it will all be worth it. 

I love the fact that you are working very hard. I remember being 15 and doing the same thing just to take my girlfriend out to a movie or to a theme park. 

Keep at it. 

Give us a budget you feel comfortable at and some people here can build a PC on pcpartpicker's website for you. 

Don't forget to include your max limit WITH taxes. 

15 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I see. If that's the case, I'd recommend you sell the stuff you're getting and then either look at the used market or buy an APU based build such as this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($98.89 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill - Galaxy-03 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $258.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-14 09:32 EDT-0400

If you're not buying yet though you should hold off. New stuff might come out or maybe during black Friday there could be some good deals.

I can care less about the case it was just a  relatively cheap case within ATX form factor on Amazon. Are the parts you just posted upgradable with all the latest and greatest stuff to if I get new parts I won’t have to buy a hole lot again. What is a apu build? And all that for under 300, yeah that’s in my price range that’s pretty awesome. Thanks 

59 minutes ago, Budddy27 said:

Are the parts you just posted upgradable with all the latest and greatest stuff to if I get new parts I won’t have to buy a hole lot again.

The motherboard should support new CPUs from AMD until 2020 ish. If you want something a little newer this is the newer version of that board that's $10 more

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PCKcCJ/asrock-b450-pro4-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-pro4

1 hour ago, Budddy27 said:

What is a apu build?

APU is AMD's term for a CPU with integrated graphics. So the GPU is integrated onto the CPU so that you don't need to buy another one. I believe the GPU on the 2200G should be a bit faster than the 260x so you could just sell the GPU

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

On 9/14/2018 at 10:55 AM, DocSwag said:

The motherboard should support new CPUs from AMD until 2020 ish. If you want something a little newer this is the newer version of that board that's $10 more

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PCKcCJ/asrock-b450-pro4-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-pro4

APU is AMD's term for a CPU with integrated graphics. So the GPU is integrated onto the CPU so that you don't need to buy another one. I believe the GPU on the 2200G should be a bit faster than the 260x so you could just sell the GPU

@DocSwag I’ve done some thinking and I will do like you said and go with amd but will most likely save a little more and get a ryzen 3 and motherboard so later down the line I can upgrade to a ryzen 5 or 7. And I’m not really gonna spend my money now and get a cheap rig that can’t grow with out a lot more money. Thanks for your guys help you’ve been awesome...... how do you close a form, or dose it just sit like this forever 

Just now, Budddy27 said:

@DocSwag I’ve done some thinking and I will do like you said and go with amd but will most likely save a little more and get a ryzen 3 and motherboard so later down the line I can upgrade to a ryzen 5 or 7. And I’m not really gonna spend my money now and get a cheap rig that can’t grow with out a lot more money. Thanks for your guys help you’ve been awesome...... how do you close a form, or dose it just sit like this forever 

It's going to stay open, unless a staff member deliberately locks it, or deletes it.

Just now, m0n4rchy said:

It's going to stay open, unless a staff member deliberately locks it, or deletes it.

Ooh ... ok .

18 hours ago, Budddy27 said:

GL :). BTW if you're willing to you could consider looking into the used market. IDK if that's something you want to do though.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler