Forza horizon 4 demo crashing on startup

gingerjax

crashing at microsoft studios logo.

I tried resetting game multiple times,

Running as administrator, running at 640x480, reinstalling. Nothing helps.

My resolution is 1680x1050.

I have intel core 2 quad q6600 8gb ddr2 ram and amd radeon r7 360 2 gb oc gigabyte.

7 minutes ago, gingerjax said:

crashing at microsoft studios logo

K.

List your full PC specs please, and what you've tried so far to remedy this situation.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 hours ago, gingerjax said:

I have the same problem. But right when I open the game it shuts down. I've closed background programs to see if that would help. But nop.

I have a GTX1060, I5 6600K and 8GB DDR4

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

1. Update your drivers to the absolute latest. Forza Horizon 4 needs it.

2. That CPU might, uh, not be the greatest.

Windows and gpu drivers are up to date 

12 hours ago, gingerjax said:

I have intel core 2 quad q6600 8gb ddr2 ram and amd radeon r7 360 2 gb oc gigabyte.

It should check CPUID and tell you that your CPU is to crappy to run the game. 

Check the Shop Site, dude:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-4/9pnqkhfld2wq?activetab=pivot:regionofsystemrequirementstab

Memory 8 GB
Video Memory 2 GB
Processor Intel i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz OR Intel i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz
Graphics NVidia 650TI OR NVidia GT 740 OR AMD R7 250x

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

13 minutes ago, gingerjax said:

Then how I can play Battlefield V 30fps

what has Battlefield to do with Forza Horizon 4??

I don't think there is anything...

Its like saying: Why do I barf when drinking Cola? I don't barf when drinking Earl Grey.

59 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

what has Battlefield to do with Forza Horizon 4??

I don't think there is anything...

Its like saying: Why do I barf when drinking Cola? I don't barf when drinking Earl Grey.

Minimum cpu for bf is i5 6600k...

Just now, gingerjax said:

21 hours ago, gingerjax said:

Same thing happened with forza horizon 3 demo. I wasn't trying to run it for a few months. Then one day I opened the game and it was running 45 fps

22 minutes ago, gingerjax said:

Yes, and??

BF5 uses Origin.

Forza uses M$ Store

BF5 is Multi Plattform

Forza is primarily on XBox and also available on PC

BF5 might use an older Engine, that doesn't use modern instructions.

Forza is optimized hard for XBox One and might use SSE4.2, wich your CPU doesn't have.

Your claim is bullshit. And you have to look at the minimum recommendation and stop using some 12 year old garbage and complain when something doesn't work.

A couple of years ago, you'd be laughed at if you'd come with a 10 Year old CPU!

Because back in the day, in 2006 a 10 Year old CPU would mean a Pentium! And the 200MHz Pentium was just released in June 1996!

And now you are talking about an 11 year old CPU, that doesn't work with Software that was released 11 years later....

At some point in time you have to upgrade and throw away your thing and that time does seem to be rather close...

I dont know where you get your information Forza may be a franchise that has it's origin on XBOX, but fact is, since Battlefield 4 they have ALL used Frostbite 3, along with many other games from EA during that period. All the games have differing levels of stability and that comes down to the developer. Frostbite, Unreal engine, Cryengine and Unity are all native to PC and are only used to maximum effect on a PC. PC's have scaleable settings you can use to enable slower machines to run everything smoothly, if at all and low to medium, in essence, is usually the console version. So Battlefield V and Forza 4 are using identical code routines at their core, as do FIFA, Madden, Battlefront and much more. I Have and i5 6600k CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 4 SSD's Running in RAID 0, an Nvidia 1080 GTX which can run everything at 4k 30-120fps and Frostbite hasn't CTD since the last Forza. It Microsoft's store DRM. 100%.

1 hour ago, Driller said:

So Battlefield V and Forza 4 are using identical code routines at their core,

???

Where did you got that Information?

The Developers were talking about the Turn10 engine.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-forza-horizon

And different games have different things they need, so an Engine that is made for shooter has to be heavily modified for a real racing game, to a point where you'd want an Engine for a Racing game.

And since Playground and Turn 10 only do Forza games, Turn 10 the Motorsport series, Playground the Horizon series, it makes sense to use their own engine, especially since it is one of the biggest titles for XBox...

I don't think it would run very well if it even did. The demo worked just fine for me so it should be on your end.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

I did find a way to fix it. But I'm not sure if it will fix it for you guy's as well. But my problem was my sound settings. I have purchased Dolby Atmos for better sound for my headphones that I use on the PC. And normally I always have to automatically turned on. Well I guess that was my problem. When I went to my headphone properties and turend off the Dolby Atmos and just used default sound settings my game started working. Maybe you guy's can also check in your sound settings for something. But this was my problem.

But my other problem now is that I have no in game sound... There are also more people with this problem. I'm going to try if I can also fix this problem for me as well. But so far it nothing worked.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:08 AM, SwippyOG said:

I did find a way to fix it. But I'm not sure if it will fix it for you guy's as well. But my problem was my sound settings. I have purchased Dolby Atmos for better sound for my headphones that I use on the PC. And normally I always have to automatically turned on. Well I guess that was my problem. When I went to my headphone properties and turend off the Dolby Atmos and just used default sound settings my game started working. Maybe you guy's can also check in your sound settings for something. But this was my problem.

But my other problem now is that I have no in game sound... There are also more people with this problem. I'm going to try if I can also fix this problem for me as well. But so far it nothing worked.

Players may experience loss of sound and possible inability to progress in the game if they 'Disable all enhancements' under Sound > Playback tab > Select your playback device > Properties > Enhancements.