DocSwag

Apple announces iPhone Xs, Xs Max, and Xr

6 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

they just paid $1000 for an iPhone.

For the record the only times the iPhone have been at or above $1000 is the iPhone X and Xs/Max

iPhone XR is a $750 phone and the iPhone 8 starts at $600 and used to be the baseline.

8 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I mean you said it yourself that if they marketed battery it would sell like crazy....so which side are you on here

I was not aware that I could not be ok with iPhone battery life but also be ok with having more battery life. 

Laptop: 2016 13" nTB MacBook Pro Core i5 | Phone: iPhone 6s Plus 64GB Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 2 CPU: i5 4690k | Mobo: Gigabyte Z97-N WI-FI | RAM: 8GB Ballistix Sport | GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p, Samsung SyncMaster 940BX 19" 1024p | Cooling: Corsair H55 AiO | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I was not aware that I could not be ok with iPhone battery life but also be ok with having more battery life. 

The whole point about saying "best battery of any iPhone" is because iPhone battery in general is meh. 

Any battery life improvement is good, but I shouldn't have to charge my work iPhone with my S8+ at 2pm on some work days

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

Any battery life improvement is good, but I shouldn't have to charge my work iPhone with my S8+ at 2pm on some work days

Normally people would use battery packs, but yeah you shouldn’t have to. Most people get through the day on a single charge. Now if “your day” starts at 6AM and doesn’t end till 5PM and are using your phone instead of the things you should be doing (working, studying, etc.) then you might need to charge it during the day. 

Also context is key. “Charge my work iPhone with my S8+” tells nobody about what kind of iPhone it is. It could be an iPhone 6 for all I know and yeah, that thing is by going to lose 10/10 times by default. 

Laptop: 2016 13" nTB MacBook Pro Core i5 | Phone: iPhone 6s Plus 64GB Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 2 CPU: i5 4690k | Mobo: Gigabyte Z97-N WI-FI | RAM: 8GB Ballistix Sport | GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p, Samsung SyncMaster 940BX 19" 1024p | Cooling: Corsair H55 AiO | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball

5 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Normally people would use battery packs, but yeah you shouldn’t have to. Most people get through the day on a single charge. Now if “your day” starts at 6AM and doesn’t end till 5PM and are using your phone instead of the things you should be doing (working, studying, etc.) then you might need to charge it during the day. 

Also context is key. “Charge my work iPhone with my S8+” tells nobody about what kind of iPhone it is. It could be an iPhone 6 for all I know and yeah, that thing is by going to lose 10/10 times by default. 

Its when I am at work. I am a network engineer and need to dispatch to customer sites when assisting with configuring their networks. Between calls, photos, G drive, low signal in data closets, battery drains like crazy. My S8+ can tank through it no problem but I hate using personal at work. While I just have the 6 (which is 8 months old) it blows my mind how they can last a day of use. 

The XR will be better but I don't get why they don't throw an extra large battery to at least come close to Android phones. 

4 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

While I just have the 6 (which is 8 months old)

The iPhone 6 has a 1,810 mAh battery. The iPhone 8 Plus has a 2,691mAh and the XR will have even larger than that. Considerably larger actually since it will more than likely have the L shaped battery cell. 

Dont be surprised if the XR has 3,000mAh.

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Wow what a battery. 3,000mah AND a 720p screen! What a bargan

Yep, coupled with what is going to be the most powerful and power efficient SoC and also the worlds first 7nm SoC to hit the market. 

It really is shaping up to be a bargan despite your attempt at sarcasm. 

On 17/09/2018 at 12:46 AM, Commodus said:

I understand, but that's still anecdotal!  Now, if you were aware of what was happening across repair shops, you'd have a clearer picture.

The notch is fine.  It's meant to maximize usable screen real estate without eliminating important components or creating an unusually tall device.  There don't appear to have been significant notch-specific repair issues, so I'd say it's mission accomplished.

Hahahaha. I never said the notch was a manufacturing nightmare. Swoosh.

You are saying I did not know our company wide repair/return rate? Or have percentage failure rates from the manufactures? Again, you make lots of assumptions. :P

Also, cheap brands people don't bother reporting failures as often. They are cheap, they replace it. Expensive ones do get customer returning to the store for a repair.

I still don't see a list of part failures on Samsung devices. ;)