Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suchamoneypit

Can't type text after inserting video in thread

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

When linking a video in a thread, no matter where I click I can't begin rewriting text after it. I can type before the video, but not after. You can't see it but im doing a whole lot of clicking and typing and nothing inputs. Current workaround is to type everything you want then insert the video after. I don't remember having this issue before, I could simply click after the video, hit enter, and I'd be on the next line.

2018-09-13_20-05-03.gif.dd2f7e44131c6cf97d80edef7ebd1306.gif


Razer Blade Stealth | i5-7200u | 8GB DDR3 1866

Ryzen 2600x [PPT:150 TDC:114 EDC:168] | 16GB DDR4 3333mhz [15-15-15-36-50] | PowerColor Vega 56 8GB 

Phone Pixel 3 || Android - 9.0 

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing" - John Powell

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

When linking a video in a thread, no matter where I click I can't begin rewriting text after it. I can type before the video, but not after. You can't see it but im doing a whole lot of clicking and typing and nothing inputs. Current workaround is to type everything you want then insert the video after. I don't remember having this issue before, I could simply click after the video, hit enter, and I'd be on the next line.

2018-09-13_20-05-03.gif.dd2f7e44131c6cf97d80edef7ebd1306.gif

it's working fine for me when i click under the video

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried it myself and it automatically goes to the line below the video, FF62 here.


Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

 

Main Rig: Intel i7-7700K 5GHz | Gigabyte Z170N | EVGA 1080 ACX 3.0 SC | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA P2 650W | Custom Loop

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, 2FA said:

I just tried it myself and it automatically goes to the line below the video, FF62 here.

interesting. Im running Chrome (should be latest version). Like I said I've never seemed to have this issue before either. Nothing has really changed with my configuration other than chrome possibly auto-updating.


Razer Blade Stealth | i5-7200u | 8GB DDR3 1866

Ryzen 2600x [PPT:150 TDC:114 EDC:168] | 16GB DDR4 3333mhz [15-15-15-36-50] | PowerColor Vega 56 8GB 

Phone Pixel 3 || Android - 9.0 

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing" - John Powell

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did this only happen once, or does it always happen? There is supposed to always be a blank line after the video that you can use to add content after it.


I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

 

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 9/15/2018 at 10:30 AM, colonel_mortis said:

Did this only happen once, or does it always happen? There is supposed to always be a blank line after the video that you can use to add content after it.

At the time it would happen if i went to reply to other posts, but I have since restarted my PC/chrome and testing it again now with other GIFs, its not happening. Seems to be just a weird one-off issue.


Razer Blade Stealth | i5-7200u | 8GB DDR3 1866

Ryzen 2600x [PPT:150 TDC:114 EDC:168] | 16GB DDR4 3333mhz [15-15-15-36-50] | PowerColor Vega 56 8GB 

Phone Pixel 3 || Android - 9.0 

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing" - John Powell

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×