I need a social media detox...

ErykYT3

I was looking at some old accounts and recently I did a phone reset for the reason that I wanted everything cleaned up. 

Now, I hate it.

I realised that there is just so much of my life on here, and what defines who I am basically.

I would be absolutely terrified if I lost everything.

5 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

I was looking at some old accounts and recently I did a phone reset for the reason that I wanted everything cleaned up. 

Now, I hate it.

I realised that there is just so much of my life on here, and what defines who I am basically.

I would be absolutely terrified if I lost everything.

I hear ya and in all honesty I don't blame you.  I detoxed my "social" media stuff a few years ago and its been great.  The only "social" thing I have is minds.com which I check in on occassionally to post photos of cons, travels, and maybe anime blogs in the future but I don't need my whole life's story out for the world to see. 

24 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

I hear ya and in all honesty I don't blame you.  I detoxed my "social" media stuff a few years ago and its been great.  The only "social" thing I have is minds.com which I check in on occassionally to post photos of cons, travels, and maybe anime blogs in the future but I don't need my whole life's story out for the world to see. 

Oh, that's cool.

I've just been going through a stage where everyone and everything is changing, because of starting college last week.

Everything is more independent and all of the friendships you made previously feel wasted because not everyone moves onto the same school obviously. I feel that I can't have the same kind of friendship with some of the people here that I could before and that I had with others.

I'm rambling, I know I am..

Anyways, I'm going to make things a bit neater for myself online, find a way to save things I want to in one place so I don't have to go searching for It on multiple sites, I'll create folders, etc.

It's going to be really hard choosing what goes and what stays, I keep saving things to read for later but I never do. 

Seriously, My reddit saves have not been touched until today when I took a look at them.

I'm glad that you've found peace with your online-self :DxD 

This is long, sorry.

2 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Oh, that's cool.

I've just been going through a stage where everyone and everything is changing, because of starting college last week.

Everything is more independent and all of the friendships you made previously feel wasted because not everyone moves onto the same school obviously. I feel that I can't have the same kind of friendship with some of the people here that I could before and that I had with others.

I'm rambling, I know I am..

Anyways, I'm going to make things a bit neater for myself online, find a way to save things I want to in one place so I don't have to go searching for It on multiple sites, I'll create folders, etc.

It's going to be really hard choosing what goes and what stays, I keep saving things to read for later but I never do. 

Seriously, My reddit saves have not been touched until today when I took a look at them.

I'm glad that you've found peace with your online-self :DxD 

This is long, sorry.

That's partly life.  People go on their separate ways and I'm a firm believer that the people who want to be part of your life and maintain communication with will.  Chat apps are great for this honestly.  I also find its better for me to have a handful of people I keep close contact with monthly than 500 "friends" on fakebook. 

The only thing I would say about saving things in one place is make sure you have a backup could be as simple as an external USB passport to save images and contact info. 

I hope the best for you.

I deleted a chatting app for students this week because I wasted too much time. I feel now so much better because I don´t have to deal with all their bullshit.

Social media just sucks. No thanks

I haven't posted on Facebook since early 2015. (less the partial eclipse which is only for friends/friendsoffriends)

My last public posting was done in Jan 2015 stating: If I don't know you don't request friendship with my closing comment of

"They claimed nothing they just requested... I hate stalkers esp ones that can't at least try"

While I still use their Messenger to me their platform is dead.

I use Instagram mostly for the memes and Snapchat... well for snapchat. I don't bother with the whole follower farming thing and streaks are sad. Social media is good in moderation

That's an F in the profile pic