PG348Q or X34P?

spotnyk
Go to solution Solved by DildorTheDecent,
7 minutes ago, spotnyk said:

The 120Hz X34 is the X34P. It also has a much narrower curve. I prefer the curve on the X34A although I haven't seen/tried a X34P.

PG348Q and X34A are (kind of) the same thing. It's really just what brand you're after. I opted for X34A since i could get it cheaper.

I'm looking to purchase a 1440p/Ultrawide/IPS/G-sync/High(ish) refresh monitor. 

Currently I'm looking at the Asus PG348Q and the Acer X34P. I am bias toward the PG348Q as Asus is a brand I've had more positive experience with, but the X34 has a stated refresh rate of 120hz (over the 100hz of the PG348Q). I've never gamed at more than 75hz, so I'm not sure how important 100hz vs 120hz is. Also, I have no experience with either of these displays, so I don't know if either of them have known issues.

I'm looking for recommendations on this. Which of these panels would you choose, or do you know another display which fits my needs that you would suggest instead?

Thanks!

5800X | ROG Strix B550-E | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3080 OCX Hybrid

NZXT Kraken X63 280mm | O11D-XL ROG | Corsair RMX 850

G513 CARBON | MX Master 3 | Audioengine D1 | Bose IE2 | Sennheiser HD-600

Shure SM7B | Tascam US-2x2

7 minutes ago, spotnyk said:

The 120Hz X34 is the X34P. It also has a much narrower curve. I prefer the curve on the X34A although I haven't seen/tried a X34P.

PG348Q and X34A are (kind of) the same thing. It's really just what brand you're after. I opted for X34A since i could get it cheaper.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III