Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bouzoo

Another one bites the dust. OnePlus to remove headphone jack from 6T

4 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Bezelless characteristic. Apple's 10th anniversary bezelless iPhone rumours began in 2015 itself. 

Even then, it's not an explicit copy because it's a general design idea that anyone can use. 

A Sharp phone from 2014 had that bezel-less appearance which was then emulated by the 2016 Xiaomi Mi Mix. LG also launched the G6 before the S8 was unveiled. The Google Pixel 2 XL shared that similar design ethos with the S8 too. 

If anything, it was after the release of the iPhone X that everyone copied it, specifically that notch. The only holdout in the high end space as of now is......Samsung. 

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

18 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Huh? OKay, death of 3.5mm jack on phones then

Even Apple doesn't decide that because not many people actually buy these expensive flagship phones (much less a $1000 flagship!). Most people prefer cheaper mid-ranged ones.

Many of which still have the 3.5mm jack.

Officially LTT's 'coolest' member (yes, that's a pun)

The w is pronounced like v, if you're wondering!

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Spoiler

Current rig (Ninetales):

Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.7GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1070 (8GB), 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, Windows 10 Pro x64

Laptop (Vulpix): 

Intel Core i7-7700HQ, GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2400, Windows 10 Pro x64
More detailed specs on my profile.

On 4/17/2017 at 5:36 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Rawr9 Furry Sex

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Snap

I think all USB-C are usable on ROG, so kudos to them. 

Not a single dongle afaik has a good DAC in them, correct me if I'm wrong. 

Note 9 has a Stylus, which is not small? Takes a lot of space. IPhone XS Max is few mm smaller, 4 I think. Has a bigger screwn than Note as well. And nor Samsung nor mentioned LG have notch, so it's a proper screen. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

DZ77SL-50K LGA 1155 Motherboard  650W Thermaltake PSU  Intel i5 3450 CPU  16GB DDR3 RAM  Sapphire Nitro RX 460 (4GB) GPU   500GB Hitachi HDD + 240GB Sandisk G25 SSD   Antec VSK 4000E Mid Tower Case (home-made glass window)  CRYORIG M9i Mini CPU Cooler + Kingwin CF-012LBW Intake + default outtake fan

Meanwhile my LG V30 not only has a headphone jack, they actually embrace it with audio enhancements.

SNOWHEART - laptop

Model: TRACER III 17R XTREME VR 800 || CPU: Intel i7-8750H  || RAM: AData 16GB || GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 || Storage: Intel 660P 512GB Display: 1920x1080p 144hz

PRISIMHEART 2.0 - desktop

Case: TT Core V1 || PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750w || MB: Asrock Fata1ity AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac || CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 1600 || CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 w/ FD Venturi fan || RAM: G.Skill Flare X 16GB || GPU: Galax GTX 1070 EXOC-SNPR || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + SG Firecuda 2TB

PERIPHERALS / DISPLAY

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Steelseries RIval 650 || Monitor: HP Omen 32

1 hour ago, RedRound2 said:

dual cameras

You mean the ones that LG G5 introduced? Wide or not, that was the first idea of 2 cameras. 

Third, since you mentioned vibration motors, Apple's Taptic Engine is something everyone should copy. It's a lot bigger, but it makes 3D Touch convincing enough and the phone doesn’t vibrate like a 80s car

I personally wasn't impressed it by it on my gfs 6S, but that's just me. Some android phones have great vibrating motors, don't be fooled. Big name flagships usually. 

Bezelless characteristic. Apple's 10th anniversary bezelless iPhone rumours began in 2015 itself. Samsung just one upped them. 

The hell? Sharp was the one who started it. They released it in 2014.

Next thing you'll tell me that iPhone was the first to remove the headphone jack. 

6 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Meanwhile my LG V30 not only has a headphone jack, they actually embrace it with audio enhancements.

And no bezel. And a rather good camera if you use GCam instead of default shite. 

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

for Xiaomi, as long as this page keeps growing the stay on the list

https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/how-to

As concerned Nokia... the thread count on every phone doesn't look good

Their CEO reached out on twitter how to get custom ROMs for it, people told him whom to give free phones for development and who to reach out to, he said no problem. We'll see. High hopes for that one. 

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

I think all USB-C are usable on ROG, so kudos to them. 

Not a single dongle afaik has a good DAC in them, correct me if I'm wrong. 

Note 9 has a Stylus, which is not small? Takes a lot of space. IPhone XS Max is few mm smaller, 4 I think. Has a bigger screwn than Note as well. And nor Samsung nor mentioned LG have notch, so it's a proper screen. 

Not sure, haven't look much into it, but I think Razer one and HTC too have a good one. Though also many phones with 3.5mm don't have anything special too.

How LG does it is nice, I wonder how they'll continue. Also wasn't the new LG phone going to have notch though? V series? And was thinking about iPhone as far as display measurement, doubt they have the largest screen cause they measure it wrong, they measure the extended display by the notch. Which is wrong cause where the notch is that part is not a display, I don't count those display ears by the notch as part of the display.

3 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Quite a bit still, though. 

It was more for a functional purpose rather than aesthetics. It was much more obvious too compared to the S6's generally more subtle appearance. 

I still faintly remember using both the Note Edge and the S6 edge+. They were awkward to hold especially since I used them naked 

Tbh the note edge was a test platform for the curved edge and its swipe functions baked into the already impressive note series.....And I loved every minute I used it until I lost it and got a pixel xl as an upgrade. So I agree, quite a bit different to today's curved bezel-less displays. Mines wasn't that bad to hold, tho I do have bigger than avg hands I guess. 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

6 hours ago, Commodus said:

You're joking, right?  It does go its own way in many areas, but this is the company notorious for waiting to see what Apple does and then knocking out an equivalent.  Fingerprint readers, dual cameras, NFC payments...

NFC payments, fingerprint readers and dual cameras are an industry trend, not something one company introduced and the other companies copied.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

There is one thing that most of you aren't considering - the huge variation in Type-C port standard.

With issues like this, switching to USB Type-C is a crap-shoot. You'll never know what you're getting out the box. Until all USB Type-C ports are of the following base spec's:

• USB 3.1 or higher (data transfer speeds)
  • either DisplayPort+Ethernet, 2 PCI-e lanes, and/or Thunderbolt 3
  • at least 12W of power transfer, for decent charging speeds
  • built-in circuitry to detect device electrical requirements

And all smartphones start coming with features like this:

• NFC (not all phones have this feature - I would know this)
  • bi-directional wireless charging (phone can charge itself and nearby *paired* peripherals)
  • (true 4G) LTE and above, along with 802.11a/g/n or 802.11ax

I'm not touching Type-C only devices with even a 12-ft. pole. Even if you get a dongle, it's not guaranteed to work as expected. This is a major issue, and pretty much kills the idea of USB Type-C being the magic bullet that we had hoped it would be for the Android platform. The physical construction of the Type-C port lends itself to certain issues as well. As of now, I'm not convinced that we can ditch the headphone jack. Besides, there are peripherals that still depend on that jack, other than just audio equipment (as noted by a friend I just talked to on Discord)...

3 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

Apple can put a 3.5mm jack if they wanted but they won't because that's how they usually end up strong arming the industry forward (Floppy, CDs, and now all non-c and headphone jack)

Any company that thinks it's their job to strong arm the industry forward rather than giving consumers the choice is not doing us any favors, they are a dictatorial company forcing what suits them best. 

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

You mean the ones that LG G5 introduced? Wide or not, that was the first idea of 2 cameras.  

Actually, way before 

HTC One M8 + HTC Evo 3D

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

Welp, probably wont be buying a 6T then. I wasn't exactly expecting to but I really loved my 3T before it died. I really wish OnePlus wouldnt just re-use the oppo chassis and not mill out a fucking headphone jack hole. Oneplus exists as a separate company for a reason, it doesn't need to be literally the same product

Delidded 3770k 4.4GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition RX 580 1550MHz/2250MHz  | #2 FireStrike Extreme & #2 Superposition 1080p Xtreme | 32GB DDR3 1600MHz

34 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Welp, probably wont be buying a 6T then. I wasn't exactly expecting to but I really loved my 3T before it died. I really wish OnePlus wouldnt just re-use the oppo chassis and not mill out a fucking headphone jack hole. Oneplus exists as a separate company for a reason, it doesn't need to be literally the same product

I guess that's how they save costs? 

By using a chassis and tech their parent company made. 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

1 minute ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I guess that's how they save costs? 

By using a chassis and tech their parent company made. 

They could mill a fucking hole in it. If they still had the flagship killer price I could believe that excuse

Delidded 3770k 4.4GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition RX 580 1550MHz/2250MHz  | #2 FireStrike Extreme & #2 Superposition 1080p Xtreme | 32GB DDR3 1600MHz

30 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

They could mill a fucking hole in it. If they still had the flagship killer price I could believe that excuse

Eh. OnePlus has mostly been nothing but an absolute joke in my eyes sans the OP3/3T.

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

10 hours ago, germgoatz said:

I was planning on getting the 6T so this is a huge dissapointment. However, I'm still (most likely) going to buy it.

This is exactly why they do this. They know that everyone is going to hate on it, yet only a negligible percentage of people who hate it are going to be turned away by it.

Don't believe me?

iPhone 7 sales case and point: (6s was latest model in 2016, 7 was latest in 2017)

5b9b02da34228_ScreenShot2018-09-13at5_37_29PM.png.6bcbd668906b23e0332d7010cc6c516d.png

11 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Its the end times. The headphone jacks lived in harmony until the Apple nation attacked.

Someone needs to draw up a 3.5mm headphone jack waifu and/or loli to save the headphone jack.  Only they can save us now.

Maybe if people’s displeasure in the removal of the headphone jack was measured in sales, rather than selling more iPhones than every before, things would be different. Business dictates where technology goes, as this indicates the most consumers like the change.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Maybe if people’s displeasure in the removal of the headphone jack was measured in sales, rather than selling more iPhones than every before, things would be different. Business dictates where technology goes, as this indicates the most consumers like the change.

But that's an iPhone. An iPhone is a popular mainstream product. People will buy it regardless of change because they feel the pros outweigh the cons.

OnePlus is different in now they're a little more niche by comparison. They're typically bought by people who like high end hardware at a more attainable price point and are usually more knowledgeable and want that sort of stuff. So removing the headphone jack when they've actually been one of the better phones for audio lovers out there comes out as a bit of a dick move. 

Basically, many iPhone users don't really mind. But many OnePlus users are annoyed. 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

1 minute ago, DaPhuc said:

I hate the dongle. 

I hate dongles that look the same but are so utterly broken in their implementation that they straight up aren't guaranteed to work 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

5 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I hate dongles that look the same but are so utterly broken in their implementation that they straight up aren't guaranteed to work 

I hate the dongle because you have to have it in order to use your 3.5mm earpods/headphones, so if you lose the dongle you have to use the phone speakers or bluetooth sound devices ( assumed you have it with you ).  The dongle for 3.5mm sound devices is just too stupid to me, but Apple making tons of money out of it. Bluetooth sound devices are good alternative if you hate carry a dongle and your favorite 3,5mm earpods/headphones, but the problem with bluetooth sound devices are it easily run out of battery and your phone battery will suck up more juice from using bluetooth. 

I'll be sticking with my ancient Palm TX and my Motorola VU204 Flip phone

,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-

REVIEWS!  ~~~

|  𝓘𝓡𝓢 𝓥 𝓛𝓸𝓾𝓭𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓻 𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓮𝔀 |  𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓸 𝓢𝓡125𝓔 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓹𝓱𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓮𝔀 }

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings my fellow homosapien, behold! I shall show you my pc specs! Be amazed of my noting or pertaining to a long poetic composition! 

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.40 GHz ( 4 Cores, 4 Threads ) 

MOTHERBOARD: Motoku GA-Z77P-D3 V1.1 lga 1155
RAM: 2 GB DDR2 600 MHZ

GPU: GTX 560 1 GB

CASE: Hec Enterprise

STORAGE: 250GB Western Digital Sata ssd, 1 Tb Seagate barracuda 7200rpm hdd 

PSU: EVGA 80+ GOLD 750 WATT Fully Modular 

Other PCs ( Prebuilt 😞

IBM MODEL PS/2 Model 25, IBM MODEL PS/2 Model 30, Macintosh II, IBM PC XT, Commodore 64, VIC 20 ( manufactured by Commodore ), Commodore PET ( the first commodore computer ever manufactured ) Probably could name 10 more.

LAPTOP ( prebuilts obviously):

Macbook Early 2008, Macbook Mid 2007, Dell Latitude e6500 WIN XP. 

Other Custom PCs:

I don't have a name for any of these btw..

1. Intel Pentium 2, Voodoo 2, 128 mb dram, 40gb pata ide ssd, win 98

2. athlon x2, voodoo 3 256 mb dram, 80 gb pata ide hdd, 20gb ide ssd, win xp

3. intel Pentium 3, Geforce2, 250gb sata 5200rpm hdd, win xp

,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',,'^',__{*-*}__,'^',