Monitor arms

Txe

I’m looking for a monitor arm that has full adjustability and can hold up 30 to 35 inch monitors

ive seen some and been looking at the Amazon basics one

if I were to get one what would you get a wall mounted monitor or a desk mounted monitor

Depends on your wall/desk, a cardboard wall wont hold that monitor for a long time

17 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

Depends on your wall/desk, a cardboard wall wont hold that monitor for a long time

He has a point.  Installing a monitor in a cardboard box doesn't make much sense.  Please reassure us that you will not be using your PC in a cardboard box then ZeouLs will give you a real answer.

https://www.echogear.com/gaming-monitor-mounts/single-monitor-desk-mount-with-articulating-arm/

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

41 minutes ago, Txe said:

if I were to get one what would you get a wall mounted monitor or a desk mounted monitor

Personally I like desk mounts, but It really depends on your setup and how you want it to look.

Wall mounts are usually a cleaner install, as they are usually hidden behind the monitor so you can't see them at all and It just makes your monitor appear to be floating in the air. They can be basically any height, however you do need to put it into a stud on the wall. So depending on where the studs, it may not be the ideal place horizontally. 

They are also very secure and will not bounce or jiggle at all no matter how much your desk moves. They are also more permanent as it is much harder to move to a new spot, you need to unscrew them then fix the holes in the wall, then screw new holes in the new spot etc. So once they are installed don't expect to be rearranging your office/room very often if ever. Also If your renting you space it might be a problem, If your not allowed to put holes in the walls.

Desk mounts are very easy to install compared to a wall mount and you can put almost anywhere horizontally as long as you have a desk to mount it to.  They are not as clean looking as a wall mount IMO, but it really isn't to bad, and still far better then a non mounted monitor. They can damage desks especially cheap ikea/cardboard desk, my first desk I had the top of the desk got smashed a little bit where the mount was. I was scared it would break the desk and drop my monitors so I ended up putting a piece of 2x4 underneath the desk between the clamp and the desk, I think that helped spread the load, but it still caused damage to the top part of the desk. (this was a mount to two 24" monitors Maybe 20lbs total?) 

Also if you have or are planning to ever have a up/down desk, you will want desk mounts as you want the monitors to go up and down with the desk.