Decent headphones + amp/dac?

Boomer112

So i'm looking for some decent ''studio'' headphones with punchy bass, etc just like my Philips Fidelio X2 has. I've asked this same question on another forum and they recommended these to me: Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, HifiMan HE400i, HifiMan Sundara. I know they are (according to reviews) but i still wanna ask to like make sure. My main requirement is just deep, punchy bass and that headband thingy like those 2 HifiMan's has. By the way are amps/dacs a requirement? Like do they give headphones that extra THUMP? The amp/dac that was recommended to me were these 2: http://www.headnhifi.com/objective2 http://www.headnhifi.com/o2-odac-combo

Also my budget is around 200 to 550/600$-ish on headphones and like 200/300$-ish on some amp or dac or none.

Have you checked out any Sennheiser headphones? I have a nice gaming pair and I bet the studio grade ones would be even better!

Current main PC:

CPU: R7 5800x (PBO undervolted)

GPU: 7900XT

RAM: 32gb Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz

MOBO: Asus ROG B550 F Gaming Wifi

CASE: Xtia Xproto ATX

Server PC:

CPU: Xeon X5690

GPU: R9 Fury X

RAM: Assorted 4gb sticks (24gb total)

MOBO: Asus Sabretooth X58

CASE: Alienware Area 51 ALX

2 minutes ago, Terabyte_272 said:

Have you checked out any Sennheiser headphones? I have a nice gaming pair and I bet the studio grade ones would be even better!

Nope... Just checked through their website quickly though and none of them has that headband thingy i want. It gives me an extreme headache when i wear just normal headphones without that headband thing.

Huh ok

Current main PC:

CPU: R7 5800x (PBO undervolted)

GPU: 7900XT

RAM: 32gb Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz

MOBO: Asus ROG B550 F Gaming Wifi

CASE: Xtia Xproto ATX

Server PC:

CPU: Xeon X5690

GPU: R9 Fury X

RAM: Assorted 4gb sticks (24gb total)

MOBO: Asus Sabretooth X58

CASE: Alienware Area 51 ALX

9 hours ago, Boomer112 said:

So i'm looking for some decent ''studio'' headphones with punchy bass, etc just like my Philips Fidelio X2 has.

My main requirement is just deep, punchy bass

Like DT990 also DT1990 should give about that level bass, at least with its other pads.

There's also Amiron Home which has emphasized above neutral bass.

Though lowest "rumbling" bass is hard for open design because of physics, but anyway Fidelio X2 has same limits.

Planar drivers like in those Hifimans can do better low bass also in open design, though those really have relatively flat/neutral bass response:

https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE4002014.pdf

https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANSundara.pdf

Just remember that if purpose is gaming amount of bass is always compromise in how well other sounds can be distinguished from simultaneous low frequency sounds.

15 hours ago, EsaT said:

Like DT990 also DT1990 should give about that level bass, at least with its other pads.

There's also Amiron Home which has emphasized above neutral bass.

Though lowest "rumbling" bass is hard for open design because of physics, but anyway Fidelio X2 has same limits.

Just remember that if purpose is gaming amount of bass is always compromise in how well other sounds can be distinguished from simultaneous low frequency sounds.

Ohh ok! Well i've actually decided which headphones i'm going for already. I'll go with the DT1990. I'll probably get some Hifiman's next time because i really wanna try planar drivers. And i mostly just listen to music and mute the games i play so those headphones are mainly going to be used for music and some games. Mostly for listening to music though.